“studio room, two thumbs up!”

Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel
Ranked #111 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here Feb, 2012. The studio suite was great. King bed was comfortable and the room was large. Hotel is well kept, amenities are nice. Great proximity to Universal Studios. Pool and hot tubs were very nice. Over all, great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debra S
There are newer reviews for Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week. This was the best price and best location for all of the theme parks in was going to. It was a little hard for me to believe this was a BW Plus because of how much the rooms weren't kept up. Shower grout was dirty, paint job was sloppy and the bathroom door didnt even go to the top of the door frame.. And the window in my room wasn't really even much of a window to speak of(to anyone that's stayed in 213). I tried the hotel restaurant while I was there, only went ONCE since it was 10 bucks and they were conveniently out of everything. Skip the restraunt people. On a lighter note all of the staff at the hotel were super nice and accommodating. I got back really late one night and the tv wasn't working, a maintenance man came to look at it said it was something to do with the cable provider and they were coming out tomorrow to fix it. Came back the next day and still hadnt been fixed, turns out nobody knew anything about it but they got me moved to a new room. The pool and jacuzzi are great and well kept. Next time I'm in the area I think i might try a new place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

First off i must say that this best western has some of the friendliest employees i've ever experienced, From the initial check in to check out your crew deserves 10's across the board.
We stayed here for 5 nights and im glad i found it. The location is perfect about a 2 minute drive to universal studios, across the street from wet n wild.
Our room was on the 4th floor, was very clean, comfortable bed, plenty of pillows. We never experienced any water pressure or temperature problems. The a.c. was temperamental on humid days, but it could have been worse.
My only issue and im being picky now was that tv remote. I understand its a "clean" remote but i thought my thumb was going to fall off trying to change the channels.
The pool was nice and pretty clean. Plenty of towels and chairs for use.
If you can get a good rate here try this place out. I would return to this Best Western in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mike-likes-vacations
Bill J, General Manager at Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and accommodations. I will certainly pass them on to the rest of our staff during our next meeting! The remotes are a BW requirement and I apologize that you had issues while trying to turn the channels. I will have our staff check them all out to make sure that all of the batteries are strong and that the issue you reported is not one caused by weak batteries.

Again, I thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Bill Jones, CHA

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I found a great rate on the Internet for this hotel so instead of going through the hassle of booking it on my smart phone-as we were close to the hotel-we stopped in and Vanessa honored the rate I found. How nice not to book online. I had stopped at another hotel that had one rate on the internet but they told me I had to book it online at that rate-they couldn't match it. So this was a very welcoming convenience for me. Vanessa was also very personable, understood my issues of needing total peace and quiet so she graciously booked our room on the end of the hall, top floor. It indeed was quiet. Room was very nice and clean. Great nights sleep and would stay again. This hotel is less than a 5 minute drive to Universal and International Blvd. Great location. Also close enough to walk to Wet and Wild water park.

Room Tip: Top floor, end of hallway. I didn't hear a thing and I am a very light sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vs54
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Me and my mate were traveling to Orlando to visit all the theme parks and have nights out and can't say one bad thing about this hotel, the location was awesome the staff extra helpful and the bell boy tommy was a great help in booking taxis and given us advice on what not and what to do while on holiday, also they have there own cab company so was always drivers on site and waiting to take you to tourist places,. Situated on the universal boulevard we over looked wet and wild and 5 mins in a taxi there was universal studios, international drive was no longer then 2 mins in a taxi so overall the location was the best. The rooms were clean and tidy and very cold as it does get very hot there during the day in Florida and the 37inch tv was a real treat as well. Checkin was so quick but at peak times could become frustrating as some people took for ever. But I will give this a 5* and will be traveling back. Dan and Vinny

Room Tip: Go for a room that over looks wet and wild as the views are brilliant you also can see universal and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Dan E
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The location is perfect. Near interstate, International Drive, mall, Universal, wet nwild park. The room was large, clean and comfortable. ( Bathroom needed some cleaning.) Woman at check in wasn't friendly at all. Check out was nice. Friendly, smiling faces! Pool was nice and clean. Food was pricey.
We would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buffy333Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2013

It's a typical Best Western. We stayed here overnight as part of a Universal package to gain early entry into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, after a week at Disney World. It was quite noisy and there were a lot of young people.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family