“A very comfortable and enjoyable stay”

Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel
Ranked #116 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Limerick, Ireland
“A very comfortable and enjoyable stay”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My partner and I travelled to Orlando for 13 days in September and stayed at this hotel for the entire holiday. On arrival we were surprised as on booking through an Irish online travel agent we were not told and no where was it in writing that we would have to sign a form on booking in to state that on booking out we would have to pay a daily service charge of 3dollars fifty for each day of stay. Apparently this is the norm in most hotels in Orlando so be forewarned people. Anyhow on arrival we were also surprised at the hotel as from reading some reviews we were expecting really outdated and really shabby and that's not really what we found. Room had two tiny flaws one was the bath taps were tiny bit loose from the wall and second was the sockets on walls also little bit loose however these did not bother us much the room was very comfortable very clean and well equipped towels toiletries pillows etc. the rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels toiletries etc left daily. The room had two double beds a refrigerator a microwave an alarm clock a phone a separate sink area off the bathroom tea/ coffee maker free wifi and also air con. The staff at this hotel were very friendly and very helpfull also they did an excellent job. The hotel itself has a large outdoor pool which we really enjoyed using, two jacuzzis and pool towels and chairs are provided, we also really enjoyed the jacuzzis. There is a bar/resteraunt that have really nice food in afternoon or evening and stays open late and a shop that's also open late. The resteraunt also does breakfast in the mornings that's you pay ten dollars for the breakfast is only average but does include drinks and the tax included in it too. This hotel and im told all others too have a ticket desk for parks that is actually a timeshare and i dont think they are part of the hotel staff at all, this is the only thing about orlando hotels that i didnt like but again it didnt really bother us as all our tickets were purchased before our trip. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus to universal parks which is very handy (hi Terry) with a bus driver that's soon nice and extremely funny. There is a free shuttle to seaworld from this hotel also. If availing of the free shuttle though make sure and book it the day/night before as there might not be any spaces if you don't. When going to Disney from this hotel it's actually not that bad a trip people, just go right coming out of hotel go to end of road to traffic lights cross the road and go the the stop nearest too you that says (lynx) on it take bus 8 ask for a transfer ticket getting on for Disney then get off the bus at (seaharbour drive stop) wait for bus 50 this bus will then take you to Disney parks. This is the cheapest hassle free and quickest way to get there. The lynx bus tickets are 2 dollars per ticket even if you have to transfer and are bought on the bus you can also buy a weekly one per person on the bus, only thing you must remember is you must have the dollars handy so either notes or coins they don't take card or give change. The bus 8 which also serves seaworld aquatics and discovery cove and two other stops without having to transfer so its very handy.The other bus you will need to know about is the I trolley this bus serves all of international drive up and down and also to the outlets for shopping. Tickets can bought for multiple days or weekly ones at the information centre located on international drive.Overall we have had a brilliant and unforgettable holiday and would gladly go back and do it all again sometime and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool view few floors up and not an end room we got an end room and the big hote...
4 Thank Martina D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

As normal on Best Western Hotels ..are clean, good beds and Breakfast, nothing to complaint.. great location and shuttle service to Universal Studios..nice view and lundry available
Customer service very good.. ...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alex C
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here again for a quick two night stay. Once again, everything was great. You just cannot beat the price for the location that it's in. Our kids LOVE the pool and the rooms are super clean. I have figured out how to identify this location on hotwire before it's named and we got our two night stay for $37 bucks a night. You just cannot beat that. Would stay again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TLM2005
Everett, Washington
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Won't hesitate to stay here again next year!! All of the staff was friendly and helpful. Tony, in particular, exceeded our expectations for service. A very pleasant and sincere gentleman.

We initially reserved a room with another hotel chain, only to find the entire place deplorable and filthy. Obviously not what you want to find after sitting for hours on a plane. We briefly drove around the area for hotels, and took a chance this Best Western would have a room to fit our likes and dislikes. They did. The hotel is a bit older, but it is clean, maintenanced, and the staff makes the stay well worth it.

There are two hot tubs (one maintained at 100 degrees, and the other at 104), a decent sized pool, and ample lounge chairs and tables around the pool. For the shy sunbather, there is a somewhat secluded area that has cooling fans as well.

We found the location to be ideal. Just far enough (only two blocks) from the rush and crowd on International Drive, yet more than close enough to walk to major chain restaurants and stores (for forgotten travel needs). There is at least one sizeable shopping mall within a couple minutes’ drive, and numerous go-cart tracks, water slides parks, and arcades within a couple of minutes’ walk or drive.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

2 Thank Tom P
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Returned to hotel for third year stayed for two weeks just arrived home Sunday 23rd September fab holiday. Pool area was getting renovated whilst we were there wasn't too much of a problem as we were out most of the day. Hotel was nice and clean rooms were nice hotel staff very helpful. We ate in the hotel restaurant a few times food was good, the deli was handy loved the milkshakes!!
I have tried to find an email address for the hotel as I need to contact them was wondering if Bill manager reads the review if you could email me with the contact details. Thanks.

2 Thank jenmc47
Irving, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I wound up at this hotel because the Best Western close to my meeting place was full. I was glad I had to move. This hotel has inside access which is much more secure. Friendly people while checking in and out always makes the stay better. This is the first hotel that actually gave me a gift for presenting a platinum card, wasn't much but it was nice. There were little shops near the lobby so there was no "free" breakfast. Location was good and parking was easy. I will stay there next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Danny D
Newcastle, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

So me and my parents were going on a holiday to Florida, Orlando for 2 weeks. We had been to Travel Lodge, Econolodge and Imperial Swan before. Bad experiences with them all. But when we got to Best Western we were in luck! Lovely check in service, a shop where you could buy homemade sandwiches, homemade pizza, and ice cream. Snacks and drinks galore! Obviously, we just needed a place to rest our heads at night time but during the holiday I became ill so I had to spend quite a few days in the hotel. The rooms were exquisite, not a single fault. Bathroom clean. Storage space was roomy. And the TV had loads of channels. A few days after I recovered, I spent a few days relaxing by the pool after a hectic few days at the parks. The pool was lovely and cool and clean. The jacuzzi's were brilliant! I spent most of my time in there. If not during the day, at night after shopping at the malls or at the theme parks. Anyway, the room had a nice size fridge to keep all our drinks and snacks in and a microwave. We didn't use the microwave but it was nice to know it was there in case. A thing I always liked, was the music. There was music from 9AM till 11PM in the pool area. and 24 hour music in the lobby which was nice. The best thing was, you couldn't hear the music from the lobby or the pool from your room! So when you went to bed, you couldn't hear it. It had a gym but me being me, I was to lazy to use it. It had a games room, I didn't use either. But I went to the deli daily to get drinks or the odd snack or ice cream. The staff were so friendly. And I'm actually friends with one of the members of staff now! One of the other good things is it's not to far from IHOP and you get to walk your meal off after. Also a short walk from Walgreens, we always went there every night to get a few bits and bobs. Also a 5 minute walk from Universal Studios, I never walked there, I'm to lazy but for the more energetic and fit type then that's great. In the hotel, there is a bar/restaurant where you can go for your dinner or for a drink. Also outside the hotel is a smoking area which has smoking poles (so you aren't walking on cigarette ends).
This hotel is the ultimate best hotel we have been in before. I recommend it to anyone. The staff couldn't be more helpful and couldn't do more for you. They'll help you with anything you need. We will be going back there hopefully in a few months because we loved it so much!

I totally recommend it and give it a 5 :)

Room Tip: In the night, if your not used to A/C then turn it down a bit before going to sleep and it will be l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family