“A very commendable hotel environment for any educated travelers”

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #163 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 11, 2010

While staying in the Hotel, my room was located in the quietest section of the bldg, incidentally my free internet access failed. As soon as I related the matter to the front desk, it takes them no time to relocate me to the 4th floor, ensuring that I was satisfied. I met a helpful, impressive and dedicated housekeeper by the name of Nerlande who gently refused my tips arguing that she does her job.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (6,176)

Reviewed December 8, 2010

When we arrived at the hotel, they did not have any king rooms available. We were put in a standard queen. The room itself was ok. Nowhere near as bad as some of the other reviews claim. It was clean and well kept. Our only problem was that it was a handicap room. The whole bathroom floor was soaked after each shower. They were not able to change our room until the 2nd day. We got a tower room and the difference was worth it! The room was bigger and the view was amazing! I would highly suggest the tower room. The lobby area and pool area are georgous. The location is perfect! Everyday after the parks we walked to Downtown Disney. It was right across the street! And they had shuttles to the other parks. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitly be staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2010

The Regal Sun recently underwent millions in renovations to become what is now known as, the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista. The property is gorgeous and even the "wing" rooms have been transformed into an executive standard with new closets, TV, and various other amenities. I booked a group from the UK to stay at the hotel for 9 nights last month: everyone raved about the property! I received excellent service from the Sales Team--particularly Joan Scicchitano & Dave Gans... thanks very much!

Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Super clean rooms very helpful staff, from bellman to maids. Kids loved pool, we loved tennis court. Would highly recommend. Easy new and clean free shuttles to Disney. Really enjoyable. Will definately stay there again. DJ Phill

Reviewed November 30, 2010

I booked 2 rooms in this hotel, 1 in the tower(for me and my husband) and another in the lower level, looking at the parking lot for my sisters.
My room was really nice, GREAT view to the pool, didn't have any problem with the internet, clean and nice, very nice.
I can NOT say the same for my sisters room, it was smaller, and it really looked like they where in a cheap Motel, their TV didn't work good.
If you book, be sure to do it in the tower.
We had breakfast in hotel, it was expensive but really good.
the pool was GREAT and just as is shown in the pictures.
I will recommend it for sure, but get a room in the tower.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2010

First, I don't usually do reviews, but I think that I just have to make an exception. This hotel has just been changed to Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort. When you walk in the lobby, this hotel looks top notch. It's like checking in at the Marriott and then staying at a Motel 6.

The rooms are old and extremely small and rundown. I had to call down to the desk for a complete set of towels on the last two days. I'm not sure why housekeeping would take used towels and leave none?? The rooms are clean, but I can't really say that for the rest of the hotel excluding the lobby. There's not a day that I didn't see some trash just lying on the walkway to the elevator. For two days, a coffee bag and grounds stayed on the walkway.

We didn't eat at the restaurant, so I really can't comment on it. One poster had problems with the WiFi. I didn't experience that, we never had a problem connecting. But, that could be related to where you are in the hotel.

They do have a large pool. That's one of the reasons we had selected this hotel. It is a large area and the kids will have a blast.

It all comes down to what you want. This hotel is walking distance of Downtown Disney. If you get a great deal and understand that the lowest class motels are on par, then all means stay here. But, I would do a lot of price comparing.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

Pros: Location across from downtown Disney, Shuttle service, very nice pool.

Cons: We stayed in a tower room (11th floor) after reading reviews here on TripAdvisor complaining about the pool rooms with outside entrances. My complaints would be that the bathroom has a very low ceiling and the showerhead came only up to an average height adult's nose. The water takes forever to warm up and then when it does BE CAREFUL as it gets so hot you could easily scald yourself and I almost did in the bathroom sink with the temp set in the middle.

The beds are just average but all we needed as we mainly just slept in the room. The food prices in the hotel are higher than inside Disney so don't bother eating there.

Overall - if you can find another hotel in the area at the same price or cheaper, don't stay here.