“Perfect Location!”

GreenLeadersSilver level

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
1  Thank Lisa V
Write a ReviewReviews (6,179)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Did an impromptu trip to Disney...hotel is clean and staff is friendly...our room was generally clean but dated...some moisture stains on the walls in the bathroom...and some of the features of the room looked a bit worn...but if you're just staying to be near downtown Disney or the parks you can't beat it...it is a bit confusing because you have a tower and an exterior room locations...but overall a decent stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tmalley2177
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed in the wyndham 16th jean for 2weeks with my 2 children and my parents,before going I read the reviews and was very nervous.
I don't no why as the place was great,I don't get all the moaning you no the saying you get what you pay for so quit the moanng and pay more and stay somewhere else.
The staff at this hotel where helpful and are so friendly :) we asked for a room change and got this straight away,the rooms have 2 comfy double beds.
Our beds were made everyday without doubt and the room tided,the pool area was great and big up to damen the tattoo man my little girl loved him :) lovely man.
This hotel was perfect access to downtown disney literally 2/3 min walk,I think maybe the hotel should look in to a barrier in the carpark for hotel guest only maybe using room key for entrance as I can understand the people who have written about lack off parking,this is not the staffs fault this is the public abusing the carpark for free parking so they can access downtown disney.
Thanks for a lovely stay :)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The room at this hotel was extremely tiny - it looked more like a Motor Lodge than a nice hotel. When we got to the room, there was a used towel on the hook behind the bathroom door. In addition, there was black hair (we are both blond) still on the shower wall as well as on the floor just outside of the shower. If that wasn't enough, there were tiny bugs crawling all over the bathroom sink and on the dressers. I would never stay here again and I defintely would not recommend this hotel to anyone that I actually like.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank k d
Helen B, Manager at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Wyndham please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced while you were here. Please be assured that your comments were shared with our management team and noted on record.
When time permits please reach out to our voice of the customer at hbivans@wyndhamlbv.com so we may gather more information regarding your recent stay with us.
Helen Bivans
Voice of the Customer

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed only for a weekend. The hotel was nice, clean, well kept. The room (ground floor, walked out to parking lot) was nice--nothing fancy but we didn't need anything fancy either! good sized refrigerator in the room, but no way to reheat food, so stick to cold things. Beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. The convenience to Downtown Disney was great - a walk across the road. We did not eat at the restaurant, though did purchase coffee in the lobby shop. pricey! $8 for 2 cups of mediocre coffee and a muffin. In room they have a "pod" coffee maker with Joffrey (I think) coffee. If you like creamer, bring your own as the pre packaged sets don't help very much.

Room Tip: we were in a room at the side parking entrance. we could hear people outside, so if you need quiet...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryEllen222
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights by myself for a short getaway. I booked through Orbitz and the average nightly rate was 106 at the time.
This is the third property I have stayed at on Hotel Blvd and if I don't end up trying out a new one next time, I will be coming back here.
Being right across the street from Downtown Disney is a huge bonus! Food, drinks, shopping and Disney transportation is so close!
This hotel is a great fit for small families looking to stay at a reasonably priced hotel very close to all Disney attractions for a short-med length vacation. Getting around is a breeze. Either take the hotel's shuttle to the parks or just walk next door to Downtown Disney and hop on one of the Disney buses and travel to the parks by way of the Disney resorts. *There are no buses that go to the parks from DTD, Only to the resorts)*
The room was very comfortable, but it could get pretty crowded with a family of more than 3-4. The refrigerator worked very well and was good size as well. My room had two beds a small table and the dresser with the fridge. The closet was fairly small, but fine for a short stay. I liked that there was a sliding door you could shut to close off the sink/closet area from the bedroom giving someone privacy so multiple people could get ready for their day. My room was considered exterior. The view from standing outside my door was the parking lot looking towards Hotel Blvd. To get to the buses and lobby all i had to do was walk out of my room, down the exterior hallway and to an elevator. I didn't have to walk to the ground level just to get to the lobby. The only complaint about the room was that the walls are thin and you can hear people in the next room as well as when they shut their door. To fix this, I just turned on my tv or turned on the fan for some background noise.
I was able to utilize some of what the hotel had to offer. The lobby bar/lounge was great and had a fantastic selection of local beers on tap. The food was fine and satisfied my hunger. I only ate here once and for the rest of my trip I either visited a Disney resort or DTD for any other meals. The 24/7 shop was great for when I returned late and needed something quick.
I used the Dollar car rental service which was located right in the lobby. Great rates, great selection and even better service! Leroy is the man!
There is a small Disney shop for those last minute items but with DTD so close, I wouldn't even bother and just head across the street to the largest Disney store in the World!
The hotel staff are extremely nice and courteous. That is one of the biggest reasons I would return here.
I did use the shuttle service the hotel offers to get to each of the parks. I am not a huge fan because the buses go to 2 parks each instead of just one bus dedicated to one park. In the morning you could be on the Magic Kingdom/ Hollywood Studios bus. This means the bus will go all the way to MK and then all the way to HS making the bus trip much longer than it would if it just had one stop. * Disney properties do not do this. They have one park per bus making the times much shorter.*
I manged to get an average time of how long it took to get to the parks:
Epcot- 10-15 min
Hollywood Studios- 20-30
The Transportation and Ticket Center (Magic Kingdom) 20 minutes
Animal Kingdom-20-30 minutes

A piece of advice- Sometimes to get back to my hotel from a park, I would take a Disney bus to any Disney resort and take the DTD bus from there. That way I could just make the 5 minute walk back to the Wyndham.

I look forward to return again for my next Disney trip!

I have taken many Disney trips and stayed on Disney property as well as here on Hotel Blvd. If you have any questions feel free to message me!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Mark T
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed 5 nights on business. Asked for, and got, room in tower. These were recommended over the wing rooms in other reviews. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was very cozy. Hotel staff helpful. I did not eat at the restaurant but they do offer Disney character breakfasts on certain days. Parking is free for guests. Closer to walk to east side downtown Disney than to drive and walk from the parking lot. No continental breakfast. Food at downtown disney is very expensive but it is a neat place to walk around and browse. Overall go here if you want to be right next door to Disney food and shops, or try somewhere further away if you want included breakfasts. Satisfied overall.

• Stayed: January 2014