Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area
$261
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$388
$303
Hotwire.com
6,399 results
All reviewsdisney springstower roomcharacter breakfastclose to downtownlake buena vistathe busmagic kingdomparksfireworkscharactersbellmanconferencetransportationproximityfloridatheme
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights by myself for a short getaway. I booked through Orbitz and the average nightly rate was 106 at the time.
This is the third property I have stayed at on Hotel Blvd and if I don't end up trying out a new one next time, I will be coming back here.
Being right across the street from Downtown Disney is a huge bonus! Food, drinks, shopping and Disney transportation is so close!
This hotel is a great fit for small families looking to stay at a reasonably priced hotel very close to all Disney attractions for a short-med length vacation. Getting around is a breeze. Either take the hotel's shuttle to the parks or just walk next door to Downtown Disney and hop on one of the Disney buses and travel to the parks by way of the Disney resorts. *There are no buses that go to the parks from DTD, Only to the resorts)*
The room was very comfortable, but it could get pretty crowded with a family of more than 3-4. The refrigerator worked very well and was good size as well. My room had two beds a small table and the dresser with the fridge. The closet was fairly small, but fine for a short stay. I liked that there was a sliding door you could shut to close off the sink/closet area from the bedroom giving someone privacy so multiple people could get ready for their day. My room was considered exterior. The view from standing outside my door was the parking lot looking towards Hotel Blvd. To get to the buses and lobby all i had to do was walk out of my room, down the exterior hallway and to an elevator. I didn't have to walk to the ground level just to get to the lobby. The only complaint about the room was that the walls are thin and you can hear people in the next room as well as when they shut their door. To fix this, I just turned on my tv or turned on the fan for some background noise.
I was able to utilize some of what the hotel had to offer. The lobby bar/lounge was great and had a fantastic selection of local beers on tap. The food was fine and satisfied my hunger. I only ate here once and for the rest of my trip I either visited a Disney resort or DTD for any other meals. The 24/7 shop was great for when I returned late and needed something quick.
I used the Dollar car rental service which was located right in the lobby. Great rates, great selection and even better service! Leroy is the man!
There is a small Disney shop for those last minute items but with DTD so close, I wouldn't even bother and just head across the street to the largest Disney store in the World!
The hotel staff are extremely nice and courteous. That is one of the biggest reasons I would return here.
I did use the shuttle service the hotel offers to get to each of the parks. I am not a huge fan because the buses go to 2 parks each instead of just one bus dedicated to one park. In the morning you could be on the Magic Kingdom/ Hollywood Studios bus. This means the bus will go all the way to MK and then all the way to HS making the bus trip much longer than it would if it just had one stop. * Disney properties do not do this. They have one park per bus making the times much shorter.*
I manged to get an average time of how long it took to get to the parks:
Epcot- 10-15 min
Hollywood Studios- 20-30
The Transportation and Ticket Center (Magic Kingdom) 20 minutes
Animal Kingdom-20-30 minutes

A piece of advice- Sometimes to get back to my hotel from a park, I would take a Disney bus to any Disney resort and take the DTD bus from there. That way I could just make the 5 minute walk back to the Wyndham.

I look forward to return again for my next Disney trip!

I have taken many Disney trips and stayed on Disney property as well as here on Hotel Blvd. If you have any questions feel free to message me!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Mark T
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed 5 nights on business. Asked for, and got, room in tower. These were recommended over the wing rooms in other reviews. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was very cozy. Hotel staff helpful. I did not eat at the restaurant but they do offer Disney character breakfasts on certain days. Parking is free for guests. Closer to walk to east side downtown Disney than to drive and walk from the parking lot. No continental breakfast. Food at downtown disney is very expensive but it is a neat place to walk around and browse. Overall go here if you want to be right next door to Disney food and shops, or try somewhere further away if you want included breakfasts. Satisfied overall.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank mikejustmike
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I loved my stay at the Wyndham, the property is clean, neat, with lots of great views of DTD. The lobby is gorgeous and the price was least expensive for a weekend stay in the DTD area. However, please be careful when staying since they do 'pressure' you to 'hear' and do a 'sight inspection/tour' of their time shares. They give you a coupon book and thats how the discussion begins. They also wanted to charge us $25 - $50 for the tour! Pardon me but no thank you. They said you can 'cancel at any time' but we decided not to do the tour and highly annoyed the Rep after she did her 'talk' to us. Other than that, the parking was ample, the pools are gorgeous and the shop had lots of Disney items.

Room Tip: A room facing DTD is the best
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Candy S
Helen B, Manager at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit with us.
Please know that your feedback was shared with our management team and noted on record.
If your travel plans should bring you back to the Orlando area please don't hesitate to contact us so we may assist with your accommodations.
Helen Bivans
Voice of the Customer
hbivans@wyndhamlbv.com

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I wouldn't stay here again- the lobby is well maintained and that, folks, is about it.

First we ordered a room with a king bed, to walk into a room with ONE full bed (for two non- dating adults). When we complained, we were told kings were of limited availabilty (which I understand, but we were not forewarned that we couldn't get a king, nor was our room rate reduced). We switched rooms to a room with two full beds to find the TV didn't work (I know- we are in disney- who watches TV?! It was only 45 degrees out- there wasn't much else to do at night).

The most disgusting part was the hotel had mites (or at least that is what it appeared to be) I picked my sweatshirt off the floor and saw the little buggers racing around on it.

Also - we were in a wing room, and the floors in every hallway were always wet- no explanation.

Room Tip: Maybe the main hotel (not wing) is nicer?
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Renee W

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Wyndham please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectation and for any disappointment you experienced while you were here. Please be assured that your comments were shared with the appropriate department managers and all points were very well received.
When time permits please reach out to our voice of the customer Helen Bivans at hbivans@wyndhamlbv.com so we can assist you further with your concerns.
Helen Bivans