“Below expectations but located in a great area.”

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #171 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albany, New York
“Below expectations but located in a great area.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been a member of Wyndham Rewards for years and typically, I have always enjoyed their properties. This property is an exception. Check-in was a bit frustrating as the hotel was full and there were a lot of people checking in and out.

The room was old and in desperate need to renovations. However, it was relatively clean. Shower pressure was decent and the TV was newer.

The beds were not at all comfortable and were slanted towards the center.

We were placed in the low-rise motel overlooking the dock. The largest annoyance was the noise not only from the loading dock but the room had poor sound protection.

We did not use the pool nor eat in the restaurants.

The best part of this property was the location. We walked to Downtown Disney for dinner each night.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower with access into the hall as compared to the outside.
1 Thank divot316
VoiceoftheCustomer, Manager at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello,
I hope to find you well today! Please allow me to introduce myself as the Voice of the Customer at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort.
I am writing in response to your review regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at 407-827-6516 with any additional comments or concerns.
Helen Bivans
Voice of the Customer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
Sebring, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here so we could walk to the House of Blues for a concert. The hotel is older but, the lobby is very nice and they have an awesome gift shop.....one of the largest I have seen at a hotel! The staff was wonderful and very friendly. The valet kept my car up front since I told him we'd be in and out and that was very helpful. The location is great....a quick/short walk to Downtown Disney. Our room was on the lobby level and I was surprised that we had to outside to get to it....the doors were on the outside of the building like a motel. Not what I expected. Our room was small and showed its age for sure. The bathroom door did not close all the way and the toilet paper holder was broken. The room was similar to what I would expect to find at an older Super 8 or Comfort Inn. Maybe the other rooms are nicer? I did get to see the pool area and it was large and nice.....looked like lots of fun for kiddos. Overall, I guess I have no complaints....just not the type of room I'd want to stay in for more than one night.

Room Tip: Try to get an "indoor" room if they have them.
Stuart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

we stayed for one night and epcot center the next day .. th room was clean and comfortable with a beautiful view of downtown disney! At check over the phone with Katie and at the front desk with Alex was a wonderful experence :) We did breakfest in the morning with Goofy and Pluto was great for our little Princess ( Malibu 2 1/2 yrs) However the price for an average Buffet was $50.00 for two !! WOW...