“we loved it and we will be back”

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #165 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at your hotel my kids enjoyed eating breakfast with pluto. The best of all was the pleasant and very friendly staff you have working up front. Rafael was very nice and friendly ,the other young girl who helped us when we checked in was also very nice and friendly. I think that being greeted with the kind of friendly staff you have makes people feel at home, I will strongly recommend your hotel. Thank you!

1  Thank lichariv1968

Reviewed August 26, 2011

we went to the pool after the the park we had snacks at the pool i meet a bartender Bill Mallery he was the best gave me guide lines were to go what to see i am a chef and i tell u the kitchen at the pool could use some improvement with the menue i gave bill some suggestions on what to do to make it more fun for the kids and adults

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Disclaimer - normally we stay at the other nearby Wyndham due to cost. But as a By Request member we received a deal we couldn't refuse.

All of my preferences were met as a Wyndham By Request member. Extra pillows, king bed in tower, welcome snacks and drinks all in a beautifully kept room. Clean, quiet and perfect location for the group I was traveling with. Bonus happened to be that there was a celebrity impersonator convention going on, so we spent a lot of time in the lobby having a grand old time. Yes, normally this hotel is EXPENSIVE, but the weekend we chose was too good to refuse. On time shuttles to park and quick walk to Downtown Disney. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Join Wyndham ByRequest - after minimum stays, upgrades are given
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ErinSRQ
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have mixed views about this hotel. And I really hate to be negative about anything because we had a fantastic vacation. Nothing was really that bad, that we could say it ruined our time in Orlando. But there is one thing in particular that I feel potential visitors should know.............and that is that this hotel is over priced.

By overpriced, I dont mean the cost of the rooms, as our room was fab. We stayed in one of the Tower rooms in the main Hotel and it was perfect for our needs. The housekeeping staff are 2nd to none. We had our beds made up every day of a 14 night stay, along with clean towels and stocked up coffee/teas, every day. The housekeeping were friendly, helpful & a credit to the management.

What I mean is the cost to buy anything from the cafe in the main reception area and in particular at the pool bar. I was amazed to see that there were no prices on display for any of the beverages. My first shock was when I bought 1 x alcoholic cocktail and 2 x non-alcoholic smoothies and was charged 25 dollars !!!! I bought exactly the same the following day and was charged 23 dollars ?? My husband was never charged the same twice for a bottle of Bud Lite ?? After a few days of paying these extremely inflated prices, we bought ourselves a cooler from Walmart and filled it with bottles of water, soda's & plastic bottles of Bud Lite.

The food's great at the pool bar, my daughters thought they were the best fries they'd ever had, however, after a few days of paying over the odds for them we knocked that on the head too. Note to hotel, lower your prices a bit and you might do more business around the pool !

About the pool area. Its fab. We've stayed in 2 other Downtown Disney hotels and this is by far the best pool area. BUT and its a pretty big BUT........it was over 100degrees when we were there and there is absolutely no shade at all !! They have no parasols around the pool area and for children and the elderly this is a real issue. Wyndham Hotel, please please please invest in shade for your customers.

Location Location Location. The brochure's will tell you its a 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney. I disagree.............I say more like 2 minutes ! There is no other hotel closer. We walked over there most nights (and quite frankly it was cheaper to drink in Planet Hollywood or Raglan Road than the Hotel!).

Nice hotel, fun pool area, fantastic location but far too expensive and therefore a good enough reason for me to try another hotel in the area !!

1  Thank ScotinKL
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My family chose this hotel due to its proximity to Downtown Disney and because they were had a special room rate at the time. After arriving we realized that this hotel was previously the Regal Sun. Several years earlier we had a character breakfast there and it didn't impress nor did the hotel. Despite our apprehension we felt it couldn't be that bad since we were only staying a short time and maybe Wyndham had fixed the place up.

Upon walking into our room we realized the Wyndham had not done that much. The A/C vent above the sink had very visible mold all round it. Water droplets were visible as well and the paint was bubbling so there must have been some sort of leak. I also saw mold on the ceiling in the back corner of the room and there was also a small area on the ceiling past the door. Apparently, maintenance just does the barest minimum at this hotel risking their guests health in the process.

We had our toddler with us and there was no way we were going to expose her to mold under any circumstances. Plus I'm allergic as well. So we decided to forego another room at this hotel and cancel our reservation.

Unfortunately we were in such a hurry to get out of the room after our discovery we forgot to take any photos.

1  Thank Patrik W
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Everything was great. But hotel wireless is poor. And there is no transfortation to air port. Otherwise it was great. Especially pool was very nice...

By the way,

Thank you Rafael. You helped a lot :) you saved our vacation

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I found a great price through hotwire for a couple of nights. The rooms are very clean, the lobby of the Hotel is very nice. There are two two sides to the hotel. The main tower and the main parking lot side. The halls in the main tower are much nicer that those near the main parking lot. The exterior corridors and the staircase leading to the parking lot need some major renovation, they look worn out. I must say that I am very appreciative of someone at front desk Who allowed me to check-in to my room at noon when the check-in time was 4:00 p.m. Now the only thing I wished the hotel management changes in the future is the extra service charge they charge which they say covers Wi-Fi and the bus shuttle service to the Disney parks. It feels like buying an airline ticket an having to pay a service charge at the airport before leaving the airport. All to say that I recommend this hotel to anyone Who wants to get a quality price Hotel 5 minutes away from Walt Disney parks.

Room Tip: Beware of extra service charge by most hotels in Lake Buena Vista and near downtown Disney!
2  Thank figuritaboy