“Not a five star but pretty good”

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Ranked #93 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Westbloomfield
“Not a five star but pretty good”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

this has been my first time staying on site in disney world. I was traveling with four kids and wanted to be as close to the park as possible. This property is huge. If you are looking for one on one service this is not the hotel for you but if you are looking for a convenient place to stay and comfortable accommodations you will not be disappointed. My kids loved the pool and the beach. You can see the fireworks from the beach. All in all aside from a few glitches the stay was nice

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Travelwithtots

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed July 24, 2013

-We have stayed here many times, about 10. This is a family friendly resort that also caters well to adults. Believe me when I say I'm not the easiest to please, but this place does me right every time. The service is always fantastic, the food is above average and you cannot find a better atmosphere. Yes, the price is more, but you get what you pay for. And here, it's worth every dollar. The beach, pools, oversized rooms, restaurants, monorail access all add up to a great time. Our kids have grown up here in the summers and I couldn't be happier. We stayed from July 9-16 and have no complaints. I compare the Polynesian to places we have stayed around the world and it ranks with the best. This will be a life long destination for us as the family grows and some day we take grand kids. Of course, you can be picky and find faults with any place you stay if you look hard enough, or an unfortunate event happens, but I have recommended this place to others and will continue to do so. Disney is not an inexpensive place, so if you go with the mindset that you'll spend a little cash you will not be disappointed.

4 Thank AllanFam5
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I travel a lot for business, so I understand basically what kind room, service and amenities you should get for $400 and what this hotel delivered was not that. The room was nice - like $200 nice; the service was average; the location was excellent -the property's biggest advantage. The beds were comfy, too.

You couldn't get into the major restaurant without a reservation made way in advance of your stay - huh? What hotel doesn't try to satisfy the people who are staying in the rooms? Wait times at the secondary were from 30-60 minutes. As my 11 year old said - the food is mediocre and expensive - let's just have chips and salsa from the grab and go shop - so we did. Saved a lot of money and he was probably more satisfied.

Maid service came at erratic times. I forgot to put out the do not disturb sign (as they didn't come by to make up the room the day before until 4:30pm - when we were changing to go out) so they marched into my room at 8:00am. Knock, knock, open the door?

The pool is overrated and overcrowded. Not a chair to be had, not a place to put your stuff. The quiet pool was better, but still, for the size of the resort - and the cost to stay there - chairs should be readily available.

I did not get a rental car and had to rely on the monorail (great) and buses (poor). We wasted hours each day broiling in ferocious heat moving from one spot to another. We spent money everywhere we went - surely the resort could afford more buses.

This is not a five star resort by any standard - probably 3 1/2 - but if you want to stay close in to maximize park time, it is a reasonable choice.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Jpeacott
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Polynesian for two nights to celebrate my birthday. We booked a Club level (concierge) garden view room and were upgraded to a theme park view room. EVERYTHING was outstanding except the volcano pool. It was so packed in the middle of the day, there was literally less than five feet from one person to the next. I can't believe all those people were actually staying at the Polynesian. Fortunately, there is another pool that was much less crowded, although much plainer.

All in all, a wonderful stay... Clean room, pleasant staff and beautiful atmosphere.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms do NOT have balconys. This did not bother us, but if a balcony is important, you...
1 Thank Anne A
Argyle, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This Disney Resort has great accessibility to the Magic Kingdom and to Epcot. The other Disney parks are accessible by bus. We preferred the boats and monorail because they were much shorter waits and more enjoyable. The Sushi restaurant in the hotel was wonderful and the service there very prompt and very good. We also went to the Aloha luau one evening (we actually hadn't meant to-but there was confusion when we asked for a reservation for Ohana which is another restaurant in the same resort.) The luau was however great fun though expensive.

Our room was very clean and convenient. We had a view across the lake to the castle and could see the fireworks from our room. Our kids loved the pool with the volcano slide. Our room included a refrigerator which was nice. And there was coffee in the room though we had to hunt down filter packs from time to time. The room was kept clean with some nice extra touches: towels folded to amuse the kids and hidden Mickeys in the art.

The only thing lacking for me was easy access to the real world. I'm sure there's a way to get transportation to a drug store or supermarket, but it wasn't apparent. I felt a bit trapped and disadvantaged because of this. I would have liked to run out for some fresh fruit or some allergy medicine.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and it was nice to have a door to the outside as well as a small pat...
1 Thank catrad
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently concluded another wonderful stay at the Polynesian Village Resort inside Walt Disney World. I was intending on staying 6 nights but had to cut it short to only 4 due to a medical emergency in my family. I checked in early on Monday July 15th and the front desk staff was extremely helpful in fulfilling all my room preferences. The entire staff at this property are well-trained, super-friendly and really make you feel special. I am a Florida resident so I stay often and have never been disappointed.

1 Thank Douglas S
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

First time staying in Club Level at this resort. From entering the property to being dropped off in front of our building to being checked in quickly to a room with a spectacular Magic Kingdom view to wonderful guest service and more, we were impressed.
Watching the fireworks from our balcony was a first and the music for the show could be heard through speakers at the resort.

The quiet pool is a great alternative to the slide pool. Tables under shelters with fans. Close to main building for snacks and quick meals.

The food and drink options in club level varied and were a nice perk. The concierges were always helpful and were attentive to any requests.

Looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed May 2013