I have stayed at the Walt Disney World Resort more than a dozen times over the past years, staying mostly at the Swan and Dolphin but also at all the Deluxe Hotels, but have not commented on TripAdvisor about any of them until now. Why now? I read the reviews about the Polynesian and thought they were very unfair; this is a great hotel, fantastic service and amenities AND probably the best location in the whole place because of its access to the monorail and walking distance to the monorail to Epcot (so especially great if you have kids!). Disney's service is truly unparalleled,always a smiling face, always ready to solve your problem which you won't always find at 5 star hotels like the Four Seaons or Ritz. Staff at these hotels are good but not as accomodating such as free park tickets or rebooking a missed reservation at a full restaurant!
I would also add that we stayed in the newly renovated rooms (see photos) so that may add to bumping up reviews; these are by far the largest rooms on Disney property- for example I found the Grand Floridian rooms to be quite small - and the restaurants have a great selection of food. I would also add the bathrooms are the largest I have seen on property with double sinks. Plus you cannot beat having a 24 hour dining option both downstairs and as room service.
To those scoffing at the value and saying this is not a 5 star hotel, you are right, this is not the Four Seasons in Hong Kong. What you are paying for is the LOCATION and service NOT the room or posh amentiies, paying $500 a night in a hotel elsewhere would get you all these things, so if you are looking for a great 4 star hotel with the best location on property where you can see fireworks from your room and be one stop away from the Magic Kingdom, stay here. If you are looking for a private butler or grand suite to get your money's worth, don't go to Disney, head to West Palm Beach. This hotel for its excellence in Disney Magic gets an A+ in my book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate the spirit of the South Pacific at this oasis of tropical palms, lush vegetation, koi ponds and white-sand beaches. Conveniently located on complementary Resort Monorail, enjoy moonlit nights on our torch-lined waterfront to the exotic tastes of our world-class restaurants, discover the signature tropical ambience that's made Disney's Polynesian Village Resort a favorite Disney destination since 1971. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Disney's Polynesian Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Resort Disney
- Disney Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Disney
- Polynesian Hotel Disney
- Polynesian Hotel Orlando Fl
- Orlando Polynesian Resort
- Disneys Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Resort Orlando
- Disney Polynesian Resort World
- Disneys Polynesian Resort