Travel: August 22nd - August 26th, 2012
First timer at Disney World and thought that The Polynesian Resort would be perfect for our stay there. It was just my fiance and I travelling.
About 30 mins away from the Orlanda Airport. On arrival, we were greeted at the front and was escorted to the front concierge. The front of the resort looked amazing with the flowers and waterfalls. Definitely helped with the excitement. We were checked in right away and able to go to our rooms.
We stopped by the 'food area' to pick up our free mugs and food. There are many different sections of the hotel - I believe we were in the farthest one overlooking the lake and the the other parks view. It was quite a walk. The heat & weather put a toll on us which I guess made the walk longer than usual.
Upon arrival into our section of the hotel - There were only 1 elevator available and pretty much empty unless it was in the morning when room service were on each floors. The A/C is put on full blast in the resorts expecially in the parks. The hallways were a little dim and our room was a bit outdated. It kept with the polynesian theme of the resort with the colours of the sheets and the room decor. There were spiderwebs on the ceiling fan which was a distraction because I hate spiders! Our view was amazing - We were right across from the castle at Magic Kingdom and could see the ferries departing and arriving. At night you could see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom from our room and from the beach.
The staff was always nice and very helpful - Disney is literally the happiest place on earth.
The Polynesian was easily accessible to the parks either from the Tram or by bus.
The Tram stop was basically right next to the Polynesian Resort which was convenient and clost to all the Disney Parks.
I would definitely stay at the Polynesian Resort again. It served it's purpose. We were only in our resort to sleep and to rest a bit. I love how it's convenient and close to everything.
I have nothing bad to say (except for spider webs & the little lizards outside of the resort) about this resport! Absolutely loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate the spirit of the South Pacific at this oasis of tropical palms, lush vegetation, koi ponds and white-sand beaches. Conveniently located on complementary Resort Monorail, enjoy moonlit nights on our torch-lined waterfront to the exotic tastes of our world-class restaurants, discover the signature tropical ambience that's made Disney's Polynesian Village Resort a favorite Disney destination since 1971. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Polynesian Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Resort Disney
- Disney Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Disney
- Polynesian Hotel Disney
- Orlando Polynesian Resort
- Polynesian Hotel Orlando Fl
- Disneys Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Resort Orlando
- Disney Polynesian Resort World
- Disneys Polynesian Resort