I had planned this small mini vacation for myself, my wife and two kids 4 and almost 2. We are Annual Pass Holders and I took advantage of a promotion they had for 35% off rooms from late July through the end of August. I originally reserved a Garden Wing room but after about 4 hours of mulling it over decided to splurge on a tower room with Bay Lake view.
We arrived at 6:45 AM on Thursday 8/21 (we only live 15 minutes from Disney) and the place was like a ghost town except for the Cast Members working. I did the online check in and went to the desk that had the online check in sign on it. The Cast Member said there was an issue and asked if I could follow him. He took my family to the elevator and proceeded to take us to the 12th floor. Evidently one of my customers that I had talked to prior to our trip had gotten my last name and had us upgraded to the Concierge level. What a blessing and what a great time.
Some people may get to experience things like this regularly but for us we felt like royalty. Anything we needed or wanted they were always ready to help. The free breakfast, though not extravagant, was more than plenty for our family each morning. I wish I could remember all names of great Cast Members we met from the bell hops to the management, everyone was pure class. The first night my wife and son were tired so they went to bed after dinner while my daughter and I played in the arcade then went and had some dessert and watched the fireworks from the 12th floor balcony.
The next day I asked if my parents could come up while we got the kids ready. My parents were taking them to 1900 Park Fare while we went out on a date. The lady we talked to was almost taken aback that we asked but told us absolutely that they were more than welcome to be our guests there. My dad was very impressed with the service and the Hors d'oeuvres were incredible. They brought the kids back to the room and took them to watch the movie downstairs for a bit until we got back. We got back around 9:15 so instead of them going back over to Fort Wilderness right away they stayed and watched the fireworks with us.
Next day was more of the same friendliness from the staff that we had come to expect all the way through to our departure. I could not have asked for a better time. The only issue which really wasn't an issue was the chlorine level in the pool and some of the stuff at the kid splash pad was broken.
Other than that for a resort that is 43 years old this place is really magical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to this ultra-modern Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, white-sand beaches, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Walk to Magic Kingdom park, or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the iconic A-frame Contemporary Tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair-responsible for the distinct look and feel of the "it's a small world" attraction-celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel