We stayed here for 5 nights with our 3 children and just loved it! This was our 3rd stay at the Contemporary, we have also stayed at the Animal Kingdom. We stayed on the 10th floor bay lake tower view. The service was friendly and efficient. Our room was large, clean, and comfortable. The view from our balcony was beautiful, and we could see the water parade go by every night.The hotel is somewhat dated, but was clean and comfy. Our room was ready for check-in when we arrived at 9:30am. That was wonderful, as check-in is usually not until after 3pm. The restaurants were nice and the gift shops plentiful. Chef Mickey's breakfast was fun with a nice buffet. Character interaction was great. Contempo cafe was fine for a quick service lunch and pop refills at anytime. Although a grand hotel, it is compact enough to navigate easily.
My children loved the Mickey Mouse shaped pool, and the slide. The lifeguards are very efficient. The monorail comes in right on the 4th floor. You take the elevator right upstairs to your room. After a long day at the parks, this convenience is wonderful! It was wonderful for my parents on a scooter, my sister's family with two kids in a stroller, and for my tired family of five after a long day in the parks. The convenience can not be beat! We took the monorail to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, the Grand Floridian for breakfast, and the Polynesean for dinner. We also walked (about a 10 minute walk), back to the Magic Kingom one night after the fireworks show, when the monorial wait was significant. This is also a wonderful benefit of staying at the Contemporary. The close proximity to the Magic Kingdom and the monorail is the biggest benefit to staying here. The bus service was also quick, and we never waited more than 10 minutes (at most) to catch a bus anywhere else.
The only negative was one day the monorail was down as we were trying to get to breakfast at the Grand Floridian. We were told there was a "situation", and took a bus there. It was resolved by the time breakfast was over, and we took it back to the Magic Kingdom. The only other negative I would say is the price. It really is outrageous what they charge to stay there. Because of the price, it really is a dream for many people to be able to stay here, along with everything else at WDW. However, in my opinion, it was worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to this ultra-modern Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, white-sand beaches, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Walk to Magic Kingdom park, or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the iconic A-frame Contemporary Tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair-responsible for the distinct look and feel of the "it's a small world" attraction-celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel