Please let there be no confusion: this is a nice hotel with great looking rooms and perfect service. And if my wife and I were in Orlando by ourselves and going to Disney, this hotel would be a great fit.
But we go to Disney for the kids and our toddlers did not have much to look at. Very little Disney theming going on here. You could be staying anywhere from the looks of things. The monorail is very convenient, but the thing has no easy stroller access! You have to ride one elevator to the 4th floor, walk a bit and ride another obscure elevator to get to the platform. Non-stroller folks have an easy ride in with very narrow escalators.
During our stay, we got upgraded to a tower room after only booking one of the garden units. This was a blessing because our hotel overlooked said garden units and that would have been a depressing stay for $320 a night. I don't think anybody would enjoy staying in the step children quarters as my wife referred to them. Since my tower stay was essentially a free upgrade, I won't complain about Chef Mickey's wake up call but remember that you'll have many character breakfasts occuring below your front door. You can imagine there will be some noise.
Lots of construction going on but it didn't seem to bug us too much. Progress is messy! This vacation club/timeshare business doesn't really feel right either, but I guess Disney needs the cash infusion.
I am very conflicted about this hotel. Great location to the Magic Kingdom (you can walk!), great staff and classy interiors but I just didn't feel like I was at Disneyworld. All and all a strange experience, but not a bad one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to this ultra-modern Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, white-sand beaches, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Walk to Magic Kingdom park, or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the iconic A-frame Contemporary Tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair-responsible for the distinct look and feel of the "it's a small world" attraction-celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel