“Excellent.”

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Ranked #95 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here as a child and loved it. Just got back from my adult Disney vacation and loved it even more. Location is perfect. You can walk to the MK or take and 2 minute monorail ride accessible IN the hotel. EPCOT is a short trip from the hotel as well. The tower rooms are huge and have great Bay or MK views. The hotel has different levels of dining options which is especially nice since you are paying so much for the room. You can easily eat dinner at the Contempo Cafe for under 15 dollars or lunch for under 10! Thats a great deal in WDW! The service was 5 star. If visiting EPCOT or MK, I would stay at the Contemporary Resort and get treated again like a Queen.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the MK, ask for a Tower MK View. The price is extra but to me, unnecessary. I...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ClaudiaCDavis
Write a ReviewReviews (3,076)

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed at this resort 4 in the past 30 years and it never disappoints; it's my favorite Disney hotel. Here's why I like it here: (1) Location and convenience, I love to be able to jump on the monorail and be able to walk to the Magic Kingdom. When traveling with family, we can easily get back to our room to rest in the middle of the day, and if you ever tried to leave a crowded park and stand in line to get on a bus, you can really appreciate being able to get back to your hotel easily. (2) The rooms are comfortable and not theme-based, so you don't have to feel like you're being constantly "Disneyfied". I agree that the bathroom sinks need more counter space, but there are two of them and they are flat, so we usually only use one sink and put all of our stuff on the other one. (3) Great views from the tower rooms; you can view the lagoon and see the hokey light show every night (which I happen to love) or stay on the other side and have a view of Cinderella's castle. I have also stayed in the garden rooms, which are less money and less noisy as you won't hear the music from the character breakfast in the morning. (4) Great pools with a few hot tubs; one is a kid friendly pool with slides and fountains and is Mickey shaped; and another quieter pool geared towards adults. There are also cabanas that you can rent for the day which are very nice. The only downsides are that it's expensive (but less expensive than the other two monorail hotels) and the noise from Chef Mickey's character breakfast, which may be too much for people who want to sleep in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel is the best part and the only reason I would stay in this hotel. We stayed on the concierge level for a family trip. My parents booked a room with a king size bed they were given a double room and were told that a king room was not available, even though a king was on the confirmation page. They were told by the staff on the concierge level that what you book is not guaranteed, well for $1000 a night per room it should be guaranteed. I did not feel we received the "Disney" experience from the staff. My brother and sister in law also asked for hot water to warm a bottle for their infant son, the hotel employee told my brother we are closed I can't help you, considering we payed to be on a club level, we should be able to get warm water for a bottle in a child friendly hotel!!!!!! We only stayed here overnight for the Disney 1/2 marathon and that was enough, I prefer the service at the universal hotels and will be taking my business there.

Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank NurseKrissy
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I took a trip with my son, and his wife and 3 kids. We stayed at this hotel and had a really good experience. The monorail actually comes through the hotel, and this was such a great convenience - this is the only way to go when visiting Disney World. The grandchildren enjoyed the ease of going to Chef Mickey's restaurant for the great buffet breakfast each morning, and seeing the Disney characters coming through the café, and stopping at each table for photos. Super treat for the kids! The quick café is also a great alternative for when you are in a rush and just want something quick to eat.

The only issue we encountered was that we were one floor above the monorail and could feel each time the monorail came in. Definitely recommend that you request a higher floor when staying here!

Room Tip: Request a higher level room! The view of the fireworks at Magic Kingdom is definitely worth the ext...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was initially concerned as mixed reviews about the hotel. However we stayed in the outside rooms and they were great - looked out onto the pool and can't fault the size, décor of the room. The room service food was nice/ok but pricey. The food in the hotel absolutely DIRE!! McD or Kentucky Fried is miles above the food in terms of quality. Its really tasteless fried food. This is coming from my kids too who love fast food!
If you don't book months in advance in Oct you won't get the Micky Café Dining experience - but not sure that its a must. Wasn't able to get a booking at their main restaurant and judging from the in room dining food I am sure that this restaurant would be a nice /better standard and I would have liked to have tried it.
The pool was nice and they have pool side people doing activities with the kids and its the perfect location for Magic Kingdom and also hopping on the bus to the other Disney things like the Hollywood Studios. The rail is also very handy at the hotel to get to the transport area and also just generally fun to get around. The Wave for breakfast OK but not great! Staff all very friendly at the hotel and I would stay there again as the rooms were lovely and I know what to expect.

Room Tip: Try to get an upstairs garden/lake room as if you have people staying above you then it might be noi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Techymummy
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is by far my favorite hotel. What kid (or kid at heart) doesn't want to stay in a hotel the monorail goes through!?! We went a few years ago to stay one night and were upgraded to a concierge suite. Um. That was winning the lottery for me right there. Unbelievable!
But for those of us down on earth, we did a splurge vacation here over spring break. The rooms were huge, beds soft, and the room nicely appointed. The view from the garden wing garden view was amazing, and it's a stones throw from the gates of the castle so you can't beat that. Chef Mickey's is our favorite no matter what hotel we stay in. Just overall great.
The BEST part was when my 4yo daughter managed to lost her gift card, that we'd given each of the 6 kids with us, on the escalator between the first and third floors. The concierge at the lobby desk helped us look all over the place for it, but to no avail, so we admitted defeat and went on up to eat. He came and found us and gave my daughter a new card! So sweet! THAT is EXACTLY why we go back again and again. Disney never fails to do something magical each trip.
And again, who doesn't want to stay where the monorail goes through the building!?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was our first visit to the Contemporary. Location, location, location! If anything else you pay for location! Loved that we had monorail access to many restaurants, resorts, parks, TTC to other attractions, marina access and walking access to Magic Kindgom! Loved our theme park view...made me feel like we weren't missing much when we were in our room. Loved the food court...good food, organized, ordered all food at one kiosk and good options. Overall, the rooms were spacious, the linens on the bed comfy, the view from the room (inside and out) wonderful. The only thing negative about our experience was the magicbands not opening our room door. After several calls, trips back and forth with a manual key my frustration level had me feeling like we were staying at a Motel 6. The battery on our door that would allow our magicband access was dead. It took about 5 hours for the staff at the hotel to figure it out. I was a little frustrated that the front desk didn't offer to move us after the second time they had to come up and manually open our door. This is the only reason I didn't give the Contemporary an excellent. Here this and here this loud...it doesn't cost you anything to move someone to another room or even offer an upgrade to make the customer happy. I just wasn't in the mood to ask for it, was hoping that Disney staff would be able to recognize the huge inconvenience. What do they say? the squeeky wheel gets the oil. This lack of customer service from the front desk really left a bad taste in our mouth. The other observation...the hotel was pretty busy during our stay. You could tell that more than not everyone kind of seemed clueless about where the hotels restaurants were, how to get to the marina, etc. When the front desk clerk rode the elevator with us to our non-working door room she was asked a million questions about restaurants, firework schedule, etc.from resort guests. It might help if the front desk spent a little time with each family when checking in to explain a little about the hotel grounds and get the guests acclimated to the resort. Just saying! All in all, I think we would stay here again. If we have issues though next time...management better expect that I will be a squeeky wheel. Paying close to $500/night on a discounted rate you would not expect the kind of service we received.

Room Tip: Theme park view is worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family