Disney's Contemporary Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
3,178 results
All reviewscalifornia grillgarden wingcontempo cafechef mickeymagic kingdomgrand floridianbay lake viewtheme park viewmain buildingdisney worldcounter spaceclub levelmonorail accesstower roommonorail linemonorail servicewater parade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Favorite of many, the best Disney location. Rooms have been nicely updated and the restaurants are nice. Obviously being able to hop on monorail is the big attraction. The main building is much easier to access than the new buildings bit not enough elevators.

Room Tip: Stay in original building
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stuart R
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I rate many things by its value, so is this hotel with magic kingdom view worth the $400/nt. price tag? For some it might be, but for me it still falls short. We stayed here for 7 nights in January, and the check in process was pretty smooth. Our room was spacious, and I loved the double sinks and separate toilet room in the bathroom. I wish most hotels had that! The view of fireworks every night was pretty cool. Although the magic kingdom view gave us a view of the castle much of the foreground was really parking lots and the like. The location of course was really awesome, as close as you can get to the magic kingdom. The monorail made it easy to go back and forth from the park with our stroller. The restaurants selection was pretty good. Chef Mickeys and contempo cafe were on the fourth floor along with some gift shops and arcade. It was cool to see the monorail run through the hotel but it also made much of the fourth floor open air and on some colder days, it was uncomfortable to eat at the contempo cafe because of the wind and chilly air coming in. We ate at the wave, contempo cafe, chef mickeys and california grill during our stay. California grill was fantastic and deserves a review on its own. Contempo cafe wasn't bad and served the purpose of quick meals. Overall, it was a good stay, the room was nice and spacious, the view was good, restaurants ranged from decent to great, the overall environment/decor is a bit drab but fine, and the location is really the main selling point. But for $400/nt. I was hoping for more.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank jasminscent
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed on the 12th floor which is the concierge level. Room was very nice size, plenty of room for myself, husband and grown son. We had bay lake view, other son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter had theme park view. Really enjoyed watching fireworks from club room. Balconies for people to watch from with speakers for complete experience. Food was good with a decent selection (never there to see lunch). Worked well for early breakfast before park and desserts with wine, coffee etc in the evening after dinner. Everything in the room had been refurbished, was very nice. However, you must realize this is a very old hotel therefore plumbing is very old.
We had no problems with bus service, but monorail service was slow, sometimes not working. Walk to Magic Kingdom is not far and definitely fastest way travel between hotel and that park.
Check in occurs at concierge desk which took too long because person working desk was already with a family so someone who fills in helped out by checking us in but was not familiar with where things were located. My big 'complaint' is ridiculous, because for probably $1 our stay would have been perfect. We were there for 5 nights, 3 of us in room. Housekeeping never left more complimentary shampoo etc. What was in the room when we checked in was it. My husband finally saw housekeeping on day 4 to ask for more lotion which we had used all of by day 2. Late night at park night 5 so got up very early to shower day of check out only to realize housekeeping had removed shampoo that was left from shower!! I'm all about not wasting, but why would you possibly not leave additional soap and shampoo?! As I said for probably $1 on Disney's part stay would have been perfect.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank WDWfan81
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I am a FL Resident and also an annual pass holder. We have stayed at multiple Disney Resorts and finally decided to go to the Contemporary always seeing it when we come in and out of the park thinking how spectacular it would be to jump right on the monorail and be in the park in minutes, yeah right and then we stayed there. The hotel in comparison to other "Deluxe" hotels was lacking to say the least. The hotel property itself is not impressive, the monorail coming into the building is about as good as it get's but trust me, it saves you ZERO time, you have to make 3 stops before it even gets to the park so walking was 3 times as fast as their transportation. The rooms were clean but needed repairs, our little tiles under our tv were missing showing holes in their mosaic and there were scuff marks pretty much on every hall, door, elevator in the building. I understand that people are always in there and accidents happen but for the hundreds of dollars of night I paid at a "DISCOUNTED" rate for a pass holder, was still TOO high for the hotel and it's condition. The toilet was one of my biggest complaints, you had to flush it several times in order for anything to go down, plus it was super load and could wake a light sleeper in the night having to be flushed 3 times or more. I have stayed at the Dolphin and would 100 times over say that is the better value, the property is far more impressive, the rooms are nicer and I didn't walk out feeling like I had been tricked by Disney into staying at a Deluxe resort that was at best a moderate. I would not ever stay at this location again, I just can't find one good thing to say about it except for the bathroom sinks were pretty cool, but that's about it and I LOVE Disney and most everyplace we have stayed but here:-( You are paying for the name and the monorail but seriously folks the Disney bus is just as slow:-) Of course this is just one persons opinion, so you may have to research a bit more yourself if you really have your heart set on this location. I just try to give the most information so people don't have to be disappointed like me. I get to go to Disney twice a month, some families save and only get one shot to make a great trip, I don't want to see any of you lose out if others could help you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Selyna T
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was my 5th visit to Disney Orlando and I was traveling with my wife, my brother, his wife and their 15 month-old baby. We opted to stay at Disney's Contemporary Resort since we were only there for 2 days and wanted to enjoy the most of our time with the flexibility of the monorail services. But this was by far the worst Disney experience I ever had in my life. To summarize the problems we faced, check-in took over 1 hour and I had to change my MagicBand after check-in since it wasn't working at all, what took another 30 minutes. Monorail services were out of order for most of the time and we had to wait for buses outside facing temperatures lower than 10 degrees celsius and rain with the 15 month-old baby. Initially we had booked 1 day and extended the stay at check-in. By some unknown reason we were asked to check-out and check-in again on day 2 eventhough we would stay at the same rooms (numbers 4319 and 4320). This unbelievebly took over an hour again and made our MagicBands stop working for payments with staff at the parks saying we had surpassed our limit! Customer service at Epcot took another hour to fix this. Summing all the waiting we wasted almost 4 hours of our 2 days just waiting for staff to get the systems to work, as they would refer to it. Sometimes they would even blame the system! This is not the customer service you expect when paying USD500 per day (we had a better than standard room). My stay at the Caribbean Resort in 2010 was much much better paying a lot less, and even when I stayed at budget hotels in the past I had better service. It's really a shame and I got really frustrated considering I'm a Disney fan since my first visit in 1991.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family