First let me start by saying that I am fairly picky when it comes to hotels. We typically stay at a W, Loews, Westin type hotel. I feel that the Disney Deluxe resorts are overpriced. We stayed at the Grand Floridian a few years ago. While I felt that it was a nice hotel, we really paid for the location. This year we were taking another trip to Disney with a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old. We wanted to stay at a monorail resort but didn't want the GF again. The Poly seemed dark and I didn't like how many separate buildings they have. The Contemporary was in a great location and the rooms were updated. Here is my take on our 3 night stay:
EXCELLENT! We were greeted by name when we arrived. Our kids were given stickers by every "cast member" they encountered. They had all of our paperwork ready, prepared a birthday button for our 2 yr old and even prepared a button for a 5 yr old so she wouldn't feel left out.
The staff went out of their way on more than one occasion. We left a brand new jacket on the bus and reported it a few minutes later. We never expected to get the jacket back. We were so happy when they called to tell us that after calling the transportation team and the lost and found department, they tracked down the jacket!
We were also given the wrong room type. I called down to the front desk to tell them that 1 king bed wouldn't work with 2 small children. I didn't even ask to speak to a supervisor but one got on the phone and told me that they were moving us to a new room. I also asked if the hotel still provided a birthday card and something special for a child celebrating a birthday. She told me that they aren't consistent with what they do but given the circumstance and the room mix-up, she would see what they could do. They went ABOVE and BEYOND by placing an autographed card, balloons and some gifts for BOTH kids. It made the experience for our children very special.
The front desk also helped to make arrangements to deliver a small birthday cake to the room. All in all, EVERY single person we encountered was friendly, kind and extremely accommodating.
Nice, Updated, Perfect for our family. Only minor complaint is the noise that you hear from Chef Mickey's at night. With a 2 yr old, we were back in the room fairly early. We probably heard the noise more for that reason. Our kids slept soundly and weren't even woken up by the Electrical Parade each night.
The hotel itself is ok. I am not a "Disney" person and could care less about the theme of a hotel. If you are looking for a theme, then the GF or Poly is for you. At the same time, the isn't what I would expect for $600 a night. But, with a FL resident discount, the room was closer to $385-$400. Still a bit high but worth every penny for the convenience of the monorail. All in all, we were very pleased with our stay and will definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to this ultra-modern Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, white-sand beaches, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Walk to Magic Kingdom park, or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the iconic A-frame Contemporary Tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair-responsible for the distinct look and feel of the "it's a small world" attraction-celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel