I, along with 5 other people, visited Disney World in November of 2013 and stayed at the Contemporary Resort. My wife and I have taken our children to Disney World since approx. 1978 and have enjoyed each and every trip. We have stayed both on and off the Disney grounds over the numerous trips. The two times prior to this we stayed at two of the theme resorts and had nothing but good things to say about everything.
We felt that we would spend the extra money and experience, what we considered, would be the best Disney has to offer. The Contemporary Resort has been in existence since our first visit and something we felt would be the FLAGSHIP of Disney World resorts. We booked everything through Disney and the Disney World experience was up to and exceeded our expectations as did all previous visits.
The staff at the desk was very helpful and we had no problems in regards to booking in and finding our rooms.
However, there are some concerns which we felt were not consistent with the way Disney always says and does treat the visitors.
1. We had the meal plan and did not think that we would be ordering our meal from a billboard. The prices being charged seemed to be above average and felt that we were paying for more food than we normally eat.
2. I wanted a couple of pieces of toast but this was not included with the set meals so I had to stand in line to get a couple of pieces of bread to toast. This was $.60 extra – not included with the meal plan.
3. Included in our meal plan was one meal at a restaurant away from the Contemporary Resort. The meal was great but when we figured out our remaining meals on the plan, we found that it cost each of us two meals off our prepaid plan. This resulted in trying to balance the meals over the remaining days.
4. I realize that it is a bad habit etc. but I do have a cigarette every so often. When I looked for a place to have a cigarette it was very hard to find and not very handy. The area was at the front of the building, nowhere to sit other than on a curb. This might be fine for young people but some older people have problem getting down off a curb. Also, in the area, there were flowers which had been watered and the curb and sidewalk were wet.
5. One day, the room had been cleaned but we were not given clean glasses from the previous day. We do not live that way at home so why should we pay large sums of money to lower our standard of living.
Disney Word was fun but our family would not consider staying at the Contemporary Resort again and, if asked, would not recommend this resort to anyone going to Disney World.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to this ultra-modern Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, white-sand beaches, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Walk to Magic Kingdom park, or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the iconic A-frame Contemporary Tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair-responsible for the distinct look and feel of the "it's a small world" attraction-celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel