“The best resort choice for family with toddler/s.”

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Ranked #90 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 25, 2013

You arent staying here for the rooms which are perfectly acceptable. Clean, safe, comfortable, helpful staff, fairly fast check-in. You are staying here for the location next to the Magic Kingdom. If you have younger children (5 and under?) you will spend most of your time at MK. I was shocked when we took a 6 minute walk with strollers from The Contemporary to MK and passed literally 100s of people in buses, trams, etc all slowly headed to MK in one crowded group. Staying at this hotel saved us hours in lines and that was worth any extra money we spent to stay here. We were able to take a quick walk back to the hotel for breaks for the younger kids. Cant put a price on that. You will see all the other toddlers that didnt get to rest by the 9pm firework show are miserable and their parents are past the point of no return. Staying at the Contemporary helped us avoid this level of stress by their location. They have small convenience store on site that we could buy grocery items for the kids, too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank chitsey
There are newer reviews for Disney's Contemporary Resort

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located to MK. That's the only positive I've had thus far. When my kids came down with the stomach flu I could at least I could walk back with the youngest in a stroller instead of dealing with the monorail or bus.
when we checked in our bathroom floor was dirty, like someone had been messing with the ceiling tiles. Our tv didn't work, and when I called to report it to the front desk she sounded annoyed and asked if it was plugged in. I said I couldn't tell because of the huge cabinet its in. The maintenance worker who came to fix it (bad cable from the DVD player) didn't speak great English.
When I had to do sick kid laundry the vending machine was almost out. Later when I called the front desk to ask about a thermometer the guy was very short with me. After telling me to "try the market" I decided to mention the laundry soap so they could refill it. He cut me off as soon as he heard "laundry room" and started to give me directions to it. I had to cut him off and say I know, I used it, and just wanted to mention you were almost out of soap in your dispenser. To which he huffily sighed and said "well I'll have to call maintenance and have them call the vendor, we don't maintain that."
The elevators are tiny and old, the escalators to go anywhere useful in the main building are narrow, and the cafe food is overpriced. I hate spending meals on it.
I don't know where this excellent Disney customer service comes in. The only positive front desk experience I had was the college kid checking us in was very nice as was the bell hops. We are still here until Saturday and I just want to go home after 2 days of sick kids stuck in this hotel. The housekeeping has been accommodating with extra towels at least. But no offers of assistance for sick kids. At all. If you come here pray yours don't get sick.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank boilermish
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our second family trip to Disney and our second stay at the Contemporary Resort. The rooms are wonderful, with room for our family of five. Comfortable rooms, clean, great pool, good food choices, and right on the monorail. Between the monorail and buses to the parks, we didn't get in our car until it was time to leave. We got a room overlooking the lake, which was a nice surprise. Typical Disney attention to detail and customer service. Pricey, but it's Disney. When we return to Disney, we'll return to the Contemporary!

Room Tip: Get a garden view room. You'll save money and you don't spend a lot of time in the room at...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank M G
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We recently stayed at Disney's Contemporary. Very nice hotel. Really convenient to get to the Magic Kingdom. Great pool, great restaurants, great staff. I can't say anything negative. Our room was beautiful with a great view of the lake. Loved it!!!

Room Tip: Bay Lake Tower view rooms are updated and beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maria L
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here while my husband attended a conference. Had a beautiful view of Bay Lake, and although their systems were down for the whole first day we were there the staff was very accommodating,. The only complaint is that when we called and asked if we could have a late check-out no one called us back. We even called back a second time and were told someone would call but they never did. Have stayed at Disney many times and this is the only time this happened.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel opened in 1971 with the Magic Kingdom...and it looks brand new. Everything is fresh and totally modem for today. We had a great time the room was excellent. You do pay for this $$$. There are so many things to do that you don't even need to go to the parks.

If you stay multiple days, buy the refillable mug in the café - you will safe a lot of money on drinks.

The front desk clerk was the best I have ever met - Dianne!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JKel65
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I am a mom of four ages 7 to 15. My boys are the older two my girls are the younger, with my youngest having a severe mobility disability. I cannot say enough about how smoothly our vacation of 5 days went. The location was my biggest motivation for staying here because of our little one. However that being said everything else from check-in to cleanliness, room service to marina service, pools to restaurants were absolutely wonderful! My youngest did not ever have to leave her stroller wheel chair when boarding the monorail and my teens thought it was super cool to have access to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot so readily available. When my youngest had enough for the day my older kids were still able to go back and enjoy the park. The monorail is a very safe environment as a means of travel for teens as long as you can trust them. On the other hand the walk to Magic kingdom was shorter than the monorail ride at the busiest times of the day. The Contemporary has a side walk that literally goes from front doors to entrance gates, you can't beat that with a disabled child in tow. As for my girls they received the royal treatment wherever they went. I cannot say enough good things about Disney when it comes to customer service my only word would be perfection! If you are on the fence about where to stay look no further. We did everything at the contemporary restaurants, marina motor boats, the pools, the lounge, the shopping, the nightly movies on the beach, the arcade! My kids had the time of their lives. From my picky moody teenager to my princesses! Their smiles and gratitude were priceless!

Room Tip: Make reservations with a travel agent. I believe it makes a difference. We got exactly what we ask...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family