Disney's Contemporary Resort
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$261
$191
$127
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$388
$303
Travelocity
3,201 results
All reviewscalifornia grillgarden wingcontempo cafechef mickeymagic kingdomgrand floridianbay lake viewtheme park viewmain buildingdisney worldcounter spaceclub levelmonorail accesstower roommonorail linemonorail servicewater parade
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We recently stayed at Disney's Contemporary. Very nice hotel. Really convenient to get to the Magic Kingdom. Great pool, great restaurants, great staff. I can't say anything negative. Our room was beautiful with a great view of the lake. Loved it!!!

Room Tip: Bay Lake Tower view rooms are updated and beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maria L
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here while my husband attended a conference. Had a beautiful view of Bay Lake, and although their systems were down for the whole first day we were there the staff was very accommodating,. The only complaint is that when we called and asked if we could have a late check-out no one called us back. We even called back a second time and were told someone would call but they never did. Have stayed at Disney many times and this is the only time this happened.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel opened in 1971 with the Magic Kingdom...and it looks brand new. Everything is fresh and totally modem for today. We had a great time the room was excellent. You do pay for this $$$. There are so many things to do that you don't even need to go to the parks.

If you stay multiple days, buy the refillable mug in the café - you will safe a lot of money on drinks.

The front desk clerk was the best I have ever met - Dianne!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JKel65
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I am a mom of four ages 7 to 15. My boys are the older two my girls are the younger, with my youngest having a severe mobility disability. I cannot say enough about how smoothly our vacation of 5 days went. The location was my biggest motivation for staying here because of our little one. However that being said everything else from check-in to cleanliness, room service to marina service, pools to restaurants were absolutely wonderful! My youngest did not ever have to leave her stroller wheel chair when boarding the monorail and my teens thought it was super cool to have access to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot so readily available. When my youngest had enough for the day my older kids were still able to go back and enjoy the park. The monorail is a very safe environment as a means of travel for teens as long as you can trust them. On the other hand the walk to Magic kingdom was shorter than the monorail ride at the busiest times of the day. The Contemporary has a side walk that literally goes from front doors to entrance gates, you can't beat that with a disabled child in tow. As for my girls they received the royal treatment wherever they went. I cannot say enough good things about Disney when it comes to customer service my only word would be perfection! If you are on the fence about where to stay look no further. We did everything at the contemporary restaurants, marina motor boats, the pools, the lounge, the shopping, the nightly movies on the beach, the arcade! My kids had the time of their lives. From my picky moody teenager to my princesses! Their smiles and gratitude were priceless!

Room Tip: Make reservations with a travel agent. I believe it makes a difference. We got exactly what we asked for conjoining rooms with a spectacular Magic Kingdom view. We were on the 7th floor in rooms 322 & 323, the rooms expensive the experience...priceless!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ohanatime
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I accompanied my husband for a conference at this hotel in April and brought our nearly two year old son. I’ve stayed at several of the WDW resorts over the last 15 years, but this was my first at the Contemporary. We were only there for 3 nights and did not have the park hopper. It would have been a wasted of $ for Epcot and even Animal Kingdom; he barely made it through H.S.

I had read other reviews about the poor state of rooms, however our room was great! We had a first floor, Garden room, over looking the lake. For us, this worked well since our son took a nap every afternoon and it was very quiet- even with the boat horns every five minutes. The double room was spacious, with a pull-out sofa and a desk that attached to the width of the room. We wedged the full sized crib between the bed and the desk, propped up the ironing board, threw a towel over it, and made a wall out of the many extra pillows to make a “room” for our son. The room was clean too. The bathroom was nice, but the sinks are horrible! The basin was the whole counter and there was a tiny bit of space to put your toothbrush! The towel rack was far from the tub, which seems to be a design glitch. Also, around 10:10pm we could watch the water parade from our window.

The Garden Wing is a bit of a hike to the main building. That could get old if you have more than one child to lug around. However, we were only a few steps from the beach. The conference center is only accessible through the main building, which is a shame.

The pool was cold while we were there, but we suffered through it. I prefer a zero depth entry pool with young children, but the older children who were there seemed to enjoy the water slide a lot. It is nice to have the beach option.

The best part of the hotel is the location to Magic Kingdom! You can’t beat it with very young children. We would stop by the lobby coffee shop, grab some muffins and eat them on the ten-minute walk to the MK. We arrived as it opened, took the monorail back (the hotel is the first stop back from the MK) for nap, then walked back in the afternoon.

Cons: nothing magical about this hotel, it’s just a hotel. The buses to all the parks go to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. That means when you have a very tired child, it can feel like forever to get home. Only the Contempo Café actually produced decent food. Even the Waves was just ok and over priced. Stay away from the pool café.

Would I have paid full price for this hotel? Definitely not. Pretty much, all the other WDW properties have some “Disney magic” except the Contemporary. This is for adults. However, with the very young, it’s extremely convenient. So, what to do? If your children are under 3/still taking naps and you can find a good deal (and you only plan to go to MK and maybe one other park), then go for it! Otherwise, find a different WDW resort to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family