My husband and I took our 5 ½ year old daughter to Disney World May 6-12 for her “big trip” before she starts kindergarten in the fall. We were excited to stay at the Contemporary as I have heard great things about it. Overall, I liked that it was “nice enough”, but not “too nice” (i.e. Grand Floridian) where I would feel we couldn’t let our hair down. (At Disney, I want to feel like I can let my hair down!)
As almost everyone has pointed out, the location cannot be beat! It’s great to just go downstairs to the monorail when you’re ready to go. It’s also great to stay in the hotel that is the first monorail stop after an evening at Magic Kingdom.
The food outlets were decent. We did one breakfast at Chef Mickeys (which was surprisingly really good food – separate review to come) and a few quick service meals at Contemporary Café. The food was good, and portions were very appropriate.
We had a great view of the park from our balcony, which we loved on the nights when our daughter wanted to watch fireworks, but we didn’t want to deal with schlepping back to the hotel.
Generally, we heard very little outside noise.
Liked the couch in the room – just an extra place to sit that was not the bed, and not the desk.
Very attentive concierge and front desk employees. Special shout out to Carissa and (I think) Matt? (young man from Portland, OR) who were very helpful with some dining requests.
Pool area was nice. The kids seemed to have fun with the games and activities that were planned each day. We didn’t get over to the beach, so I can’t really speak to that.
We were in the main building (room 4244 – 6th floor). Our room smelled slightly mildewy, and was quite dusty. Yes, I could have requested a room change, but it was late when we got to the room to unpack, so we just dealt with it. But it’s worth noting.
The bathroom sinks are just wrong. They are a flat, square shape (with sharp corners at a low position where a child can easily bump into them!) and don’t drain well at all.
Overall, would highly recommend The Contemporary for convenience, service, and amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to this ultra-modern Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, white-sand beaches, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Walk to Magic Kingdom park, or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the iconic A-frame Contemporary Tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair-responsible for the distinct look and feel of the "it's a small world" attraction-celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel