Just completed a five day trip to WDW and stayed at the contemporary. Absolutely fantastic. We are a family of four. Myself, my wife and two daughters, ages 6 and 4.
Check-in was no problem. We were met outside by a staff member who knew who we were and escorted us into the lobby. I did a online check-in about two weeks prior to our arrival, so everything was ready when we got there. I spent about fifteen minutes at the online check-in desk get our keys and some info. Everyone was very polite and helpful.
Our room was great. We had a theme park view on the 11th floor. The room was big and very clean. There were two queen beds and a pull out couch. There was also a refrigerator which we used for bottles of water. We had no problem with noise. If it's a concern, ask for a room on a higher floor. I did during the online check in and it was no problem. Our one complaint about the room is the sinks in the bathroom. They are huge and shallow. Not a lot of counterspace as a result. Housekeeping kept the room very clean everyday and even arranged our kid's stuffed animals in little scenes on the bed.
Can't beat the location. We walked to the Magic Kingdom on our first day. It took about twenty minutes with two small children. You could probably do in half that time if you kids are older and don't stop every few feet to look at the flowers. We used the monorail everytime after the first day. Going to the Magic Kingdom it takes you around to the other resorts first. Still only takes about fifteen minutes. Returning from the Magic Kingdom is much faster. Your the first stop leaving the park. It took literally five minutes from when we left the park to get back to our rooms. Great if you have small kids who are tired and want to go to bed. One night our kids stayed up to watch the fireworks. So we sat on our balcony and watched them from there. Again super convenient.
The restaurants were very nice. We ate breakfast most days at the contempo cafe. It's fast but the food is kind of bland. If you do use the contempo, have your spouse look for a table while you order. Otherwise, you may have to circle the restaurant while you have your food. Best time to get there is early around 7 or wait until 9:30. We ate at Chef Mickeys one morning and it was a lot of fun. Make sure you have a reservation. The food is good and it's an all you can eat buffet. Both girls loved meeting the classic disney characters. We used the disney meal plan and it saved us quite a bit of money. I would recommend it especially if you are booking character meals. Otherwise the breakfast a Chef Mickeys would have cost around $130. Same for other character meals.
All in all a great family vacation. The Contemporary is a great hotel if you have small kids and are going to the Magic Kingdom a lot. It is pricey, but if you can swing it, then I would recommend it. We will be returning to Disney again and again we will be staying at the Contemporary. Great job Disney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to this ultra-modern Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, white-sand beaches, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Walk to Magic Kingdom park, or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the iconic A-frame Contemporary Tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair-responsible for the distinct look and feel of the "it's a small world" attraction-celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel