Disney's Contemporary Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$173
$157
Hilton.com
$129
$114
HolidayInn.com
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$225
$202
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$177
$134
Agoda.com
$289
$239
$89
Travelocity
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$325
$247
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Orbitz.com
$615
$458
3,185 results
All reviewscalifornia grillgarden wingcontempo cafechef mickeymagic kingdomgrand floridianbay lake viewtheme park viewmain buildingdisney worldcounter spaceclub levelmonorail accesstower roommonorail linemonorail servicewater parade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2013

After reading lukewarm reviews on this hotel,we were pleasantly surprised to find the hotel, and our room on the ninth floor, absolutely in pristine condition. The beds were very comfortable, loved the dual bathroom sinks. Enjoyed the great view of the nightly fireworks show from our balcony. The sliding glass door to the balcony is the best quality I have ever seen. The only negative is that not all of the tv channels were digital, some were analog, including espn where I watched my Syracuse team get beat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank famousgilly
Reviewed February 26, 2013

So, this is Disney World and if you are staying in Disney, this is the place to stay. You can walk to Magic Kingdom and avoid the crowds, and if taking a bus around have the option of going to the Magic Kingdom if the Contemporary one is taking awhile. For the size and number of kids that come through here, it is well maintained and doesn't feel worn. It is a large hotel (and I was here for a conference) so it can feel sterile as it is basically a big concrete slab - but the grounds are nicely landscaped, and the monorail running through it never ceases to be cool. The room in the garden wing seemed recently renovated, and was quiet at night and comfortable. As usual for Disney, the staff are sickeningly friendly. Think the eating options could be better, but the top floor bar is a great place for adults and to watch the fireworks.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank c18r
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is aging but still a great hotel. The service is of course top notch. The monorail convenience is the best thing about this place. Plus they have one of the best restaurants in Disney.Always wanted to stay here growing up. I'm glad I got to experience it.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We generally had a nice time visiting at the Contemporary. Stayed Apr '12.
Liked:
Convenience of monorail system IN the hotel
Our room was more than adequate. Loved the "couch into a bed" thing they had going on, kids loved it. Basic amenities sufficient.Our room was in the garden section, which was a bit of a walk, but we don't mind in the least bit... just more time to enjoy. We also had a partial water view. Be aware, horns a tooting were all day. Mousekeeping ladies were lovely. Had a slew of towel art for the kids to enjoy.
Food court. Slightly confusing at first, you order off a kiosk computer, grabbed any additional items, beverage, pay, they then give you a beeper to pick it up at the counter. Adult size meals met the satisfaction of our men. My daughter and I ordered off the childs menu. You can expect: a slightly larger burger chain size burger, selection of 2 sides (fries, grapes, applesauce, cookie) and a sm size beverage. I thought for $6 it was reasonable.
Pool: We enjoyed ourselves at the pool everyday. There are 2 pools. A small circular pool near the water. And the main area. Lots of towels, chairs and space. Lots of room to move. The lifeguards were professional but fun, they would participate in games of Maro Polo by responding POLO and also calling the cheaters out that were cheating.
Walk to MK. Yes you can walk, be aware it is about a 10-20 walk depending on your speed.
Also, be sure to enjoy a boat ride from the MK to the Wilderness Lodge then back to the Contemporary, and bring a sweater. makes for a lovely ride.
DISLIKES:
Room: As stated in other reviews, Not much storage space especially in the bath.
Pool: The slide was out of commission the duration of our stay.
Food Court: Felt as though I was in a unpopular mall food court as opposed to a "deluxe" hotel dining area. Coronado Springs has a MUCH better dining area. Also, Skip the breakfast there... Blah!
Also, plan on being the last one dropped off/first to be picked up for the magic express.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kmkdojomama
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the Contemporary Hotel, and stayed at the South Garden Wing - Room 6116 on the 1st floor. I have stayed many times at the contemporary, the main hotel is called the towers where the monorail runs through it and also in the garden wings. I use to prefer to stay in the towers but as I am getting older, I really enjoyed the quiet of the garden wings. In my opinion, when visiting the parks, we usually leave our room at 8:30AM in the morning and don't return till after 10PM, so how much time are we really staying in the rooms for the extra charge. Our room was in the South Garden Wing, 1st floor, overlooking the lake. I parked my car in small parking lot, walked into the building and down the hall and we were in our room. It was really perfect and just sooo easy. We opened up our doors and sat on the outside patio chairs with our drinks and watched the boat parade go by. It's really beautiful, peaceful and you sitting outside with the fresh air was very relaxing. We watched the boats and all the beauty of being right on the water. The rooms in the Towers and in the Garden wings are exactly the same in decor. Same exact decor, so to me it really isn't worth the extra price to pay to be in the tower. If you have small children, it would be nice to let them play on the grass, watch the boats, play on the beach and walk right out to the pool area. Yes, you have to walk into the Contemporary hotel for the restaurant, stores and monorail but it's not that far. If you can get a great deal and prefer the towers, that's great but if they put you in the wing area - ask for a 1st floor, facing the water and or pool.

Room Tip: Room 6116 - South Garden Wing. 1st floor - doors open right up to lake, beach and relaxing.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family