This was our first family vacation- my husband and I- along with our 4 year old daughter. I researched like crazy and we decided to stay at The Contemporary for the convenience of having the monorail and because I was looking for a hotel that we'd also enjoy too- not something cheesy. Well- this place exceeded our expectations. We booked a double queen room in the garden wing. This hotel was expensive- but we decided to stay in their cheapest room in order to be at the hotel. When we checked in- we went to our room and were pleasantly surprised to be in a one bedroom suite! Upgraded by Tinkerbell- as we were told by the concierge. How WONDERFUL. Goofy left our daughter a voicemail welcoming her for her first visit. As you can see from the pictures, the room is modern and comfortable- just what we wanted. We ate everywhere- The Wave for breakfast and dinner was DELICIOUS- I highly recommend it! That was our favorite. Enough about that- we'll be booking this hotel again in the future- and next time with grandparents.
Best things about the hotel:
1. Monorail to Magic Kingdom and Epcot
2. You can walk to Magic Kingdom- takes about 10 min. THIS IS PRICELESS- when you're trying to get back to your hotel after fireworks and parades at the Magic Kingdom and everyone and their brother is leaving the park- lined up for the monorail or buses.
3. The Wave, Chef Mickey and room service! Great food- healthy and great service.
4. You can check your luggage and get your boarding pass at the hotel before you leave. So convenient!
5. Great activities at the pool and movies at night- outside.
6. Over-the-top service. Hours after we checked out- went to Epcot and checked our luggage, I remembered that I forgot our daughters blankie in the room. We immediately went to the concierge and they found it and returned it to us within 15 minutes.
The worst thing about this hotel:
1. Not many elevators in the Garden Wing.
2. Nothing else!!!!
Relax at The Contemporary- you'll need it after a long day at Disney!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to this ultra-modern Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, white-sand beaches, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Walk to Magic Kingdom park, or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the iconic A-frame Contemporary Tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair-responsible for the distinct look and feel of the "it's a small world" attraction-celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Disney Contemporary Hotel
- Contemporary Disney Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary Hotel Disney
- Contemporary Resort
- Disney Contemporary Resort
- Disneys Contemporary Hotel