We stayed at this resort from August 18th-23rd. I traveled with my father and two younger siblings (8 and 12) and we had a great time! We have been to Disney World many times before, but this is the first time that we stayed on Disney property. The most we waited for any ride was about 40 minutes (Splash Mountain and the Rockin' Roller Coaster). It was crazy hot, but it's much more affordable at this time of year.
The Disney Magical Express was SO convenient and saved us the hassle of dealing with luggage (make sure you have everything you need for the day because it takes up to 3 hours to receive your luggage in your room). We had a slight problem with our first room in Aruba (there were people in it!), but we spoke with a manager and he credited us half of the price of the room for the day and upgraded us to a better location on the second floor of Trinidad North. The location was BRILLIANT! We had a brief 3-4 minute walk to Old Port Royale and the main pool (in the August heat, that was a blessing). The resort is LARGE, but not impossible to navigate. I love to walk, so it didn't bother me. Use the Internal Shuttle if you don't enjoy walking. Also, the main pool is 24 hours which is awesome, so you can swim whenever you like.
Our room was pretty basic (we usually stay at Hilton resorts), but it was clean and comfortable. It's NOT the Ritz, but for the money you pay it's a perfectly adequate place. ANd honestly, by the time you've finished exploring all the parks, you are too exhausted to complain about petty things. As for the noise levels that some people mentioned- IT'S A FAMILY RESORT. There are going to be crying children and other noises. Get over it. We didn't experience any unusual noises.
THE DINING PLAN IS WORTH THE MONEY. The food at the resort food court is OK. It reminded me of being back in college with the various "stations". It's good in a pinch, but save your table meals for the parks. Another helpful tip: MAKE RESERVATIONS at the Disney Restaurants. Most of the places are rather small and fill up quickly. We didn't make reservations and were turned away from some of the restaurants that weren't accepting "walk-ins". That part was very frustrating. We were able to make SOME reservations once we were there and that worked out nicely. Don't miss the 50's Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios! The food is great (huge portions!) , the retro 50's decor is charming and the waitresses are a HOOT! One thing I will say about the Disney Dining Plan is that you will NOT go hungry. The portions at almost all of the places we ate were VERY generous.
OTHER THINGS: We bought the refillable mugs and that saved us some money too (bring them to the parks and they will give you ice and you can fill it with water at the water fountain. Saves you from buying $3 bottles of water all day). The shuttles can be very chilly, most of the time it's not a problem because it's so hot outside, but you may want to bring a jacket it you chill easily. Getting to the parks early is probably the best tip anyone can give you. Ride the very popular rides first (like Space Mountain and Tower of Terror) and then you can take the rest of your time to take in a few shows and ride the less popular attractions.
Overall, we had a "magical" experience. Although you pay for some of the convenience, staying on Disney property is well worth the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando