DATES: 3/14/07 - 3/17/07
EXPECTED: Based on reviews expected an average RESORT.
RECEIVED: Basic Holiday-Inn quality with great landscaping. On-site food court, bike/boat rentals, and shuttle were the only RESORT features.
FAMILY: 2 Adults [40 & 53 yr olds]
2 Teens [13 & 15 yr olds]
Check-In: Very long process, about 1 hour with 3-5 people ahead of me...it took me over 25 minutes once I was at the counter....the lobby check-in desk is designed like old bank teller or old train station ticket windows, they had about 12 check-in windows open when I arrived and I was 4th in line....no bell hop service!
Check-Out: Express, just grab receipt on door & go home.
Cleanliness: 6/10, not very clean, just clean enough to stay.
Room Size: Smaller than Holiday Inn Express rooms, about a 12 x 16 room for 2 beds, 1 nightstand, round dining table w/2 chairs, armoire, blanket chest... behind the curtain there was the vanity/bath combo area which was about a 2W x 6L double sink vanity area, 6W x 3L closet area opening perpendicular to the vanity, and the bathroom about 4W x 6L.
Bathroom Size: VERY small, tight squeeze on commode
Decor: Cheesy tropical fabrics, painted furniture
Unique Feature: Draw curtain separating vanity/bathroom from remainder of the room, which was nice when everyone is changing into swimsuits.
We arrived expecting a clean moderately priced resort and basically got a Holiday Inn Express with resort landscaping and an inconvenient food court.
The property is basically attractive, but needs upgrading for its pricepoint.
ISSUE #1: The main theme pool was KIDDY, the photos on the web made the slide and waterfall appear to be teen-friendly, but the pool was more appropriate for kids ages 4-10. Pool was just outside the food court area, but unless you had small kids there was just no enjoyment to be had because the pool was not big enough for all ages.
ISSUE #2: TV reception on local non-Disney channels was fuzzy VHF quality. Husband stayed in room sick 1 day and only had good reception on Disney channels.
ISSUE #3: The only delivery service was pizza that could ONLY be ordered from the room. You could not pay anyone enough money to deliver food to your room, we tried about 20 restaraunts in the phone book that would deliver anywhere other than a Disney property.
ISSUE #4: Towels were low-quality.
ISSUE #5: Shuttle service was unbearable. The drivers allowed the bus to overcrowd. The drop-off stations at the parks were FAR from the entrance. After day 1 of park hopping, we opted to drive, since we were so close. Parking for free and the tram ride got us right up to the entrance. This was a big disappointment, because we stayed specifically at CBR to be central to Epcot/ Animal Kingdom/MGM and the water parks. I thought we could go back and forth to the room for rest, but it turned out to be a job riding the bus shuttle.
ISSUE #6: Beds were in need of replacement. The mattresses squeaked every time you moved, very bad night's sleep. Not comfortable at all!
ISSUE #7: Room was TOO SMALL for family of 4 with pre-teens or teenagers.
Recommend: Only if you know what to expect, don't go by the positive reviews expecting RESORT service or quality. This is basically like any other hotel, just more convenient to the Disney parks.
Stay Again: Only if we get adjoining rooms.
Best Feature: Free theme park parking with Resort stay.
Worst Feature: Mattresses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando