8,484 results
All reviews old port royale pirate room main pool food court trinidad north the bus custom house internal shuttle pirate theme jamaica section dining plan main food preferred room disney world water view magic kingdom moderate hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in a water view room in the Barbados section. Our room was on a corner so there was lots of light with the two windows. The room was spacious and there were plenty of outlets and USB ports. The shelves in the refrigerator were oddly short and it was a bit of a challenge to put in soda cans without them rolling off the shelves. The door is glass so there is no storage on the door as with most mini-fridges. We enjoyed walking around the grounds and the newly renovated Old Port Royale was very nice. We look forward to staying there again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank NCFamily04
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am so glad you gave our own island paradise a try! The Calypso rhythms and lush landscapes of this Resort make me feel like I have been transported to a beautiful retreat in the Caribbean. I am delighted to learn you were able to enjoy many of the recent refurbishments this Resort has gone through and that the updated accommodations were perfect for your traveling family. I certainly understand the challenge of not having enough space in the mini-fridge and truly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for sharing your high seas stay with us. We can’t wait to see you around the islands again very soon.

Sam

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Room remodel was perfect. Very modern and clean. Pefect for 2 kids and 2 full beds. One pull down bed which i didnt plan on. Room fridge very modern and helpful. I woudl recomend get some basic breakfast supplies and drinks outside to save $$
Room next to food court and main pool and waterslides. Very family friendly and food court good quality and selection. You order in one line and pickup a main window when called, however i would recommed mobile order and walk over and pickup when ready.
Ambiance and grounds very nice

4  Thank jonebravofl

What a great stay at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort! From comfortable, refurbished rooms to great dining, it seems this Resort had everything you needed for a perfect visit. I’m so glad you and your family enjoyed the pools, food and beds. Thank you for sharing this review with us, and please come around the islands again soon. Have a magical day!

Kaitlyn

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a great time at Caribbean beach resort. I loved the pools and the beach was very peaceful. We stayed at Martinique so we were always the first on the bus. We stayed in May of 2019 so there wasn’t as many kids has there would’ve been in the summer. You also have a great veiw of Epcots firework show and of Hollywood Studios fantasmic fireworks. I would definitely come back to this resort in the future. It is a big step ahead of Art of animation and pop century which is where we used to stay. Thanks Disney

2  Thank Ghollar919

An island getaway surrounded by Disney magic is the stuff dreams are made of. I could spend all day relaxing in a hammock and enjoying the tropical atmosphere. When you're ready for a bit of excitement, the Fuentes del Morro Pool can do the trick with its waterslides and fantastic theming! I'm so glad you gave this Resort a try because it sounds like it is a perfect fit for you. I appreciate this review and hope you will join us again very soon.

Heather

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We chose Disney Caribbean Beach Resort because of the location & price (kind of in the middle & still a moderate resort)... And we were not disappointed! The ambiance of the resort the moment you walk in is extremely welcoming. The lobby is spacious & bright with lots of room for weary travelers to relax during the check-in process. And the scent of a tropical paradise immediately whisks you away to an island escape (my husband is now officially on the hunt for a room freshener that is similar for our own home)!
I requested a room in the Martinique building because of the close proximity to Old Port Royale, but we received a room in Barbados which worked out even better! We were close to Old Port Royale & the main bus stop so we didn't have to walk very far to wait for the resort shuttles.
Our preferred room slept our family of four very comfortably, with lots of space for us to manuever around without feeling cramped.
Centertown Market has great food choices... I'm offically obsessed with the Yuca & plantain chips, which should be sold by the bag! It was great to try different flavors from the Caribbean!
All of the staff at the resort are helpful, welcoming and friendly as well! Lots of smiles and several of them even took a few minutes to chat with us while we moseyed around.
Thank you everyone at Disney Caribbean Beach Resort for making our first time a memorable experience & for helping us celebrate our daughter's birthday in the most magical way possible!

4  Thank ChangOhana

I am so happy your first time to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort was so special! Getting to celebrate a birthday at such a magical place is super fun! Plus, this particular Resort has so much to offer in terms of fun recreation, amazing dining and a fresh theming. The new renovations have made this Resort the one to beat!
The new Old Port Royale is a great one-stop-shop for dining, Front Desk, merchandise and recreation. I’m so glad you enjoyed the new look and the scents of the lobby! Plus, delicious food definitely makes me love coming back again and again.
I see you loved the flavors at Centertown Market, but I’m also hoping you tried the lunch or dinner at Sebastian’s Bistro. If not, next time I definitely recommend! The food is so yummy, the atmosphere is bright and fun and the service is excellent.

Comfortable rooms, incredible Cast Members and convenient transportation make the Caribbean Beach Resort a fantastic option for anyone enjoying a Walt Disney World Resort vacation. Thank you for sharing this review with us. We hope to see you back soon!

Kaitlyn

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for 3 weeks in March-April this year. This was our second time staying at the Caribbean Beach resort. We had a pirate room which my young girls loved, however I would not pay extra for it again.
One thing I would like to see changed would be for the shower to also have a handheld shower head as it made washing my daughters hair a nightmare! I ended up going out to buy a jug, which just made bath time take even longer.
We had no issues with the walking to the Old Port Royale area (I saw it as an opportunity to max my daily steps)
Despite be offered to opt out of housekeeping we declined as being on holiday I didn’t want to be cleaning the room myself! There were several days that I had to call housekeeping to ensure our room was cleaned after returning back early evening to find the room unmade.
We did hire a car, as the few times we used the buses it was a pita with buggy’s/strollers and no seats available, so bar Magic Kingdom we drove to all parks.
My Girls (5 & almost 3) loved the resort, they loved spotting the geckos, and the wildlife we were even lucky enough to see a turtle in the lake.
Spyglass grill was great and obviously really convenient to our room. Although we did find the fries to be very over salted. Overall the food at the resort was good, but after 3 weeks was getting a bit boring! especially as we were room bound for a week of our stay as our youngest daughter came down with Chicken Pox.
The Wi-Fi, was very poor some days it was slower than old dial up! which with a 3 week holiday I need to do some work whilst there and had to resort to using mobile data hotspots which on a UK mobile was not cheap!
Nearly all cast members we met were amazing and my girls loved being greeted as princesses even when not in costume.
But overall we loved it and as we basically lost a week we have already booked to go back next year.

Date of stay: March 2019
4  Thank BlomskiJ

Ahoy and thanks for this ARRRR-mazing review! Though there were some rough waters along the way, I'm glad your family enjoyed your high-seas adventures at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Please know our Cast Members are eager to ensure your stay is magical. If you ever have concerns about the quality of service you are receiving during your visit, please ask to speak with a Housekeeping Manager.

I also love animal watching! A large portion of land at the Walt Disney World Resort is dedicated to conservation, and as a result, you can spot all kinds of interesting critters like turtles, white-tail deer, bald eagles, and many more! I'll admit I love when a duck family makes their way through the Resorts or Theme Parks like they are on their own little vacation.

If you are looking for different ways to get around, there are two options I suggest you try on your next visit! The first is Minnie Van Service. Operated through a partnership with Lyft, we provide private point to point transportation for your family across the Walt Disney World Resort. The second option is a brand new offering: Disney Skyliner! This state-of-the-art gondola system will transport Guests from various Resort hotels, including Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. We are very excited to take our Guests to the skies starting this summer.

We just can't wait to see you again next year!

Aubrey