8,113 results
All reviewsold port royalepirate roommain poolfood courttrinidad northcustom housethe businternal shuttlepirate themejamaica sectionshutters restaurantdining planmain foodpreferred roomdisney worldwater viewsit down restaurant
Reviewed January 1, 2006

We arrived at the Carribean beach resort on Dec 6th & stayed for 10 nights, We had no problems at all, it was clean, friendly & well maintained.
We stayed in Martinique which was convinient for Port Royale & also the first pick-up for the frequent bus service.Our room was plenty big enough for 3 adults & had ample storage space.

The refillable mugs are great value & food was not as expensive as we imagined it would be, a good variety of food is availible at WDW if you look around. If you want any beer or wine for the best value, buy it from the gift shop at the port royale & store it in your room in the free fridges provided.

If you go to WDW in December make sure you take some warm clothing as it can get pretty cold, especially at night. The only fault with the hotel was the lack of a indoor bar.

16  Thank Guide6299
Reviewed December 31, 2005

My family (two adults and two kids) stayed at the CBR from Dec 25 to Dec 30, on the advice of our travel agent. For a moderately priced Disney resort, it sure did live up to expectations, and then some. Nothing about our stay was negative. The room, staff, and ameneties were superb! Not if, but when we return to WDW, we will call the CBR home. One piece of advice, call the resort 2-3 days before arrival and request a room close to Old Port Royal; it will save you some time waiting for a shuttle- the resort is huge!

25  Thank Kim R
Reviewed December 30, 2005

Why so many people giving bad reviews about the Caribbean Beach Resort. I only have praises.

Room was excellent, well maintainted, clean, brilliant air conditioning system. And to be honest, you only spend a few hours a day in your room - sleeping, shower/bath etc. No complaints about room.

Resort itself, excellent. Scenery was wonderful, well maintained pool areas, very nice for relaxing after several days at the theme parks. Food as everyone says, is overpriced, but not extremely. It's a holiday, just enjoy yourself, money is no object. Food is of good quality, and staff are friendly and helpful.

But overall, best thing about the resort, and staying on-site at Disney as a whole is most definately the transportation system. No matter what any other reviewers say, beleive me, it's fantastic. Buses to every section of disney WILL arrive every 20 minutes (usually much less), providing that you choose your trip dates wisely. They are air conditioned buses, brilliant in the evenings or in the daytime, after being out in the humid air of Orlando.

Anyway, if anyones going to this resort, hope you have a good holiday, and enjoy the Caribbean Beach.

• Stayed: September 2005
31  Thank RWCT1989
Reviewed December 27, 2005

My children and grandchildren stayed at CBR from November 26 to December 3, 2005. When the first four of our party arrived, their rooms weren't ready, so they placed them in South Trinidad. Since they were unfamiliar with the resort, they did not know that they would be next to the bus stop. The walls vibrated from the busses, and this lasted late into the night. I was very disappointed. This was our "dream" vacation. Not being able to sleep, I complained the next day. We were assigned to the Jamaica area in a courtyard room, which was a big improvement. However, we had to re-pack luggage for six people and load it into our car until the new rooms was ready. We went to EPCOT for the day and had to re-register and again unload the luggage. The new rooms were quiet, and we did enjoy the remainder of our vacation.

• Stayed: November 2005
15  Thank Relax5112
Reviewed December 26, 2005

My husband, sister, neice (10 1/2) and nephew (9) stayed at this resort the night of Decmber 25, 2005. I recieved everything I requested...adjoining rooms, waterview, etc... along with a $99 rate (I found a discount code on mousesavers). The rooms were very clean and spacious; I would say the size is equal to a Hampton Inn room, it's appears a little older on the inside and could use some "freshening up" but all in all a nice room. The property itself is HUGE! We did not dine in the food court during our visit but I did notice that the rooms we had in the "Trinadad" section were quite a distance from the food court. It was midway between our section and the Custom House (Lobby) when driving.

This hotel is definately worth $99/per night, NOT $189/per night.

13  Thank Resort21479