“Loved my stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #152 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Big Pine, CA.
Reviewed October 21, 2005

We just got back from our stay at the CBR and had a wonderful time. The room was large, we had a king room, and clean. We stayed in the Jamaica section with a view of the lake. We ate at the food court and the food was good, buy the mug to get refills saves $, we sat outside by the bar at nite and could see the fireworks from Epcot. Has a nice gift shop. The new Magical Express Bus service is excellent. Really like the location being so close to Epcot and Downtown Disney. Staff is very friendly. Will stay there again.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (7,721)

Reviewed October 19, 2005

I had been to WDW when I was 13. This trip was my hubby's first trip ever to both Florida & WDW. Stayed at the CBR from 10-4 thru 10-11. Had rented a car for the week and driving from the airport was a breeze. Very well posted signs EVERYWHERE indicating where everything is located. Was greeted at the gate by the guard with a "Don't worry about a thing, everything is all right! Welcome to the islands!" Check in took all of 10 minutes. We arrived about 11:30am but our room was ready. We were located in Bldg 51 in Aruba. Lovely room with 2 double beds and plenty of space for 2. Room was always clean by 2pm. Grounds were clean and well maintained. Pools were beautiful and felt like bath water. Washers & dryers by the pools were a definite plus as I ended up doing a load half way thru the week while we went swimming. Food court was yummy with a lot of selections. Went to Shutters one night for dinner and the food was very good. Bus stops were handy. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. CBR is a beautiful resort and we definitely felt like we got our money's worth out of the vacation. I liked the spaciousness of this resort and the openness of the rooms. We never felt crowded. We had a great time and will defintely be back. Feel free to e-mail me with any ?'s.

8  Thank IberostarLover
scotland
Reviewed October 18, 2005

lovely resort with very friendly staff.check-in and check-out were both very easy. The rooms were big enough and very clean. The maids laid out our soft toys which my little brother loved. We stayed in the martinique village and it was quite close to old port royale ( food-court,shops main pool etc). th e main pool was great even though it got very busy sometimes so the village pools which were alot quieter were good to. The food court was good for breakfast but we never really eat lunch or dinner there very much. The refillable mugs were great for my brother and I ( age 15 and 9). The whole place had a lovely carribean feel and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. I would definately come again!

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 17, 2005

I was not at all impressed with Carribean beach. We had problems right from the start. When we arrived, aside from Check in taking FOREVER, we were given our Map and told we would be in BLDG 26, and we should go ahead to Old Port to eat and wait for our room to be ready. Well after waiting for transportation way too long, someone finally offered to drive us over. We ate and then walked over to Bldg 26. We called every half hour for the next two hours to get in our room. Finally they told us our room was ready but we were in BLDG 24, so walk over there. Get there, the keys don't work. We had been in FL for 4 hours now and still couldn't get in our room! To make a long story short, our keys had to be swapped out 4 times throughout our vacation because they kept being de-magnatized, the internal transportation within the resort took way too long, buses from the Magic Kingdom back to the resort at night took forever with so many people waiting, it was terrible with tired kids, and I found the service at the food court to be slow and very unmagical for being Disney.

We stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins two years ago and found it to be much more relaxing. Even though I think Fort Wilderness is spread out even more than Carribean Beach transportation ran alot smoother. We rented a golf cart while staying which made it so much easier anyways.

I would not recommend Carribean Beach to anyone! You'd be better off staying outside of Disney before staying here. Now Fort Wilderness - that's a different story.

4  Thank JamieJen2014
Reviewed October 15, 2005

my husband and i stayed at CB from sept 30th thru oct
7th.
We loved our room, we had a prefferred room , king size bed close to transportation.
The room was very clean and the maid service was great.
we had alot of towels and the coffee pot was clean even though past reviews said it was dirty ours wasnt
If we needed anything like extra filters or cups we asked and the housekeeping help us out right away.

I think getting a preferred room close to transportation and food court really is the right choice.
we had room trinadad north 33.
All in all ive been to many hotels and I can say for the price its worth staying there, we got great sleep and it felt you were on a island of your own.
Our disney trip was wonderful.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
East China, Michigan
Reviewed October 15, 2005

We just returned from the CBR in Disney. I was skeptical after reading some reviews and actually, a bit nervous! But, much to my surprise the CBR was awesome -- definitely would stay there again. The rooms and grounds were extremely clean. The staff was curtious and helpful. I don't know what some of these other people were talking about -- I'm generally quite "high maitenance" when it comes to staying @ a hotel but this place was great. We stayed in Aruba. Old Port Royale (the main area with the counter service food and restaurant and main pool w/waterslide) was a short walk across a bridge. I highly recommend purchasing the Dining Plan -- it was the best thing we did. The buses were great. Never watied longer than 10 minutes for a bus. Had a terrific time. Definitely would not hestitate to staty there again!!!

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2005

My husband, mother and 5 year old daughter stayed with me at Caribbean Beach Resort the week of October 3, 2005. I had read every single review on TripAdvisor prior to coming and was wondering what to expect since there was quite a range in the ratings. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed my stay and didn't want to leave.

ARRIVAL - Disney is very efficient with its Magical Express service. The wait for a bus from the airport to the hotel was about 1/2 hour. Check-in moved along briskly despite the line I first encountered. Unfortunately, our room was not yet ready, but it was 2:00 so we were an hour early. We had all of our luggage with us because we had heard that Disney takes a long time to get the luggage to your room when you use Magical Express. The first thing we like to do when we get to our room is unpack so we kept it all with us. But there's one thing we didn't know that I want to advise you about. The Caribbean Beach internal shuttle bus does not allow luggage to be brought on so we had to check all our luggage with Bell Services anyway since we wanted to get some lunch at Old Port Royale while we waited for our room to be ready. Then when our room was ready, we had to wait for Bell Services to deliver our luggage to the room. I suppose in the end it shortened our wait time for luggage, but it was one of those "learn as you go" situations.

ROOM - I loved the Caribbean theme of our room decor. It was plenty big enough for the 4 of us during our stay, and that includes storage areas. The curtain between the bedroom area and the vanity was helpful in cutting down the light between the 2 areas since I was always the first one up in the morning to get ready (takes me MUCH longer than the rest of my family). Our room was clean, including the bathroom, but I was disappointed that we only got 1 of the towel puppets during our stay. I know some people get a variety and it's very entertaining for the kids and adults. Also, small point but the vanity area had no soap dish and it didn't feel right to leave the soap just sitting next to the sink so we created a make-shift dish from a coffee cup lid. In terms of room location, we had paid extra for a preferred location water view and it was well worth it. I looked around to see if there was any other room I would have preferred and I realized that I had gotten what I consider to be the best room in the entire resort (in terms of location & view). Sorry, I'm not going to tell you which one it is because I want to stay in it again next year so I can't let the secret out or else everyone will be requesting it. We could see Epcot fireworks from our picture window every night at 9:00. It made for some great memories.

GROUNDS - We found the resort to be beautiful and well-maintained. I walked around the lake area many mornings and evenings (it's about 1 1/2 miles around) just so I could enjoy the beauty and tranquility of this resort. It was a great time to pray and thank God for the blessing of this vacation.
I know many people have complained about the length of the walk to get to Old Port Royale. I timed it from the farthest resort building...the last one in Trinidad South...and it only took me 9 minutes. Granted I'm a quick walker and if you're out-of shape, disabled, elderly or with small children it will take you longer. But if this is an issue and you don't want to walk very much, then I suggest you pay for a preferred location or stay at another Disney resort. But the layout of Caribbean Beach Resort is part of its charm. If you're reading this review then you've been made aware and should be proactive about booking the right room for you.

POOL/PLAYGROUND - The individual pools at each one of the resort's sections are nice to have so that the main pool doesn't get overcrowded. These pools are very basic but serve the purpose and are never crowded. The main pool is fun with its water slide and is busy all day/evening. Last year we stayed at the Beach Club Resort so we were very spoiled because they have the best pools of any Disney resort. There are several playgrounds around the resort on sandy beach areas that surround the lake. Parents can lay in a hammock while their kids play. The lake water is not for swimming though.

FOOD - Having stayed at Deluxe Resorts the past 2 years at Disney (Animal Kingdom and Beach Club), I felt that there was something lacking in the food selections at the deluxe resorts. It seemed that you either paid a fortune to eat in the formal dining area or were limited by a very small selection in a cafeteria/snack area. Well, what they were missing, the moderate price resorts have...FOOD COURT! It was great to have VARIETY when selecting what to eat. We mostly only ate breakfast at the food court because we were in the parks at lunchtime and had character/upscale dinner reservations. But let me tell you the BEST thing for breakfast which I got completely hooked on...Mickey Waffles. They were so light and fluffy that you could eat them plain. I was so impressed that I when I got home I ordered a Mickey Waffle Maker on-line. We also dined several nights at Shutters, their on-site restaurant. By far, our meals there were the most expensive of any of the restaurants we ate at during our stay (Chef Mickey's, Norway, Cinderella's Castle, Ohana's). The first night, dinner for 4 of us (no alcohol) was $160. Thank God for the meal plan where you pay $35/day per person who 1 formal, 1 informal and 1 snack.

CHECK-OUT - This process was efficient. Just let Bell Services know what time your flight is and they'll assign a time to pick you and your luggage up at your room. However, they let you know that this service is not included in the Magical Express package, meaning you have to tip for it. And since luggage is not allowed on the internal shuttle, you have no choice because there's no other way to get to the Main House. Even the Magical Express bus driver had his "tips are appreciated" sign displayed. I don't mind tipping, I just believe it's cheap/tacky of Disney not to include this in the Magical Express package. It leaves you with a negative feeling when you're heading home. Also, Bell Services picks you up in your room unnecessarily early to get to the airport which is about 25 minutes away. For my noon flight, Bell Services insisted on coming to my room at 8:20 a.m.

Overall, we loved our stay at Caribbean Beach Resort and as I mentioned we're going back again in 2006.

25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
1 mi away
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!