“Fabulous Place”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #155 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 10, 2005

My partner and I stayed at CBR from 15th - 24th Sept. Before booking the holiday I had read many reviews, some good, some bad so were not too sure what to expect. Check-in was quick and efficient, as was transfer to our room. We were allocated a room in Aruba and had a lake view which we had requested on booking. The room was clean and a good size with the most amazing views. I cannot understand anyone complaining about having to walk great distances. The entire location has the most wonderful scenery and we looked forward to the daily walk to Port Royale, every trip enabled us to see something different. Our pool was a delight and we thoroughly enjoyed the chance to cool off after a day at the theme parks. The Disney transport was excellent, the service was speedy and efficient and the staff all very courteous and helpful.
We too had the pleasure of finding little animals made from face clothes in our room each day. I was told by the staff responsible for these delights that we were to feel free to take them home as souveniers - what a wonderful gesture.
We were lucky enough to observe many wild bilds, snapping turtles in the lake and an abundance of bright green tree frogs, following a short tropical storm.
I would recommend this resort to anyone, with or without a family and personally we cannot wait until we have the opportunity to return.
Incidentally, this is not our first trip to Orlando and have previously stopped in various first class hotels in International Drive, but none can compare to the CBR.

16  Thank bridgetUnitedKingdom
Write a ReviewReviews (7,572)

A TripAdvisor Member
Lake City, South Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2005

We just returned from a 5 night/6 day stay at the CBR. We truly enjoyed our stay. We arrived at the resort around 9 am on our first day expecting to get our theme park tickets and hit the parks, but we were surprised to find that our room was ready for us. Check-in was quick, and the staff was very helpful and courteous.

Our room was nice and clean. Our housekeeper left my son's toys on the window ledge waiting for him to return from the parks. He just thought that was great. We only got one of the towel animals I had heard about, but that was too small of a detail to complain about.

We were in the 15 building of Barbados. Our room was not super close to the parking lot, and even farther from the bus stop. It was also a nice walk to the main pool and Old Port Royale, but there is an internal bus shuttle that operates inside the resort. So if you don't feel up to the walk, you can catch the bus that circles the resort. On a whole,it was not bad, and definitely not worth it to me to pay the extra money for a room in one of the preferred areas.

We would definitely stay at the CBR again. Even though it is one of the largest resort at WDW, the buildings are arranged in such a way, that you feel you are in a much smaller resort most of the time. My family loved it and would give it a 4 1/2 on a scale of 1-5.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 27, 2005

My family and I stayed at CBR the last week of August. We were in the Barbados section. My room was literally steps from the car and a close walk to the "small" pool. The location was about 1/3 mile from the main pool and Port Royale. It was a very pretty walk,.

I have read a lot of negative reviews of CBR, but I can't think of anything bad to say. The room was nicely sized for 4 people. There was plenty of storage space. The privacy curtain and the clothesline in the tub were nice features. The refrigerator was also a nice addition. I had a corner room with two windows which made the room seem that much bigger. Everything was very clean and neat.

I stayed at Port Orleans during my last trip to WDW and CBR was every bit as nice. I liked the whole beach theme. The whole resort was very colorful and there was a nice breeze that blew across the lake. The landscaping in the center island was beautiful. If you enjoy taking a daily run, this is a great place because the resort is very spread out.

The down side to this resort, for many people, is its size. If you don't want to do a lot of walking you should request a room in Aruba or Jamica. Barbados may be a little far for some people. The prefered sites are Trinidad North and Martinique. The rooms here cost extra. Trinidad south is the farthest village, but, in my opinion, it is the prettiest section of the resort. It is a good 1/2 mile to Port Royale. It is a great choice if you have a car and want to be away from everyone.

I would not hesitate to recommend this resort, but I would advise people to do there homework and look at as many pictures and read as many reviews as possible. ----------- is a web site with at least 80 pictures to review.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2005
17  Thank mekopp
Reviewed September 26, 2005

We stayed at DCB resort the week before Labor Day. The place was nice, clean but be prepared for alot of walking between "your" island and the Old Port Royale which is the main building for food/drink, main pool etc. I was disappointed because the pool wasn't as large as I thought, and not as clean. There was only one slide and not very large at that. Def. not for older kids. The food was OK, but very pricey. Buying the cup refill is definitely worth it, since Florida is hot and you are always thirsty. Upon reserving my vacation, I had requested either Trinidad North or Martinique. Upon check-in I was informed I was put in Barbados, because those other two islands, were more expensive b/c they were "preferred" locations due to their proximity to OPR. Needless to say, I was upgraded to Jamaica, which was slightly closer but still a long walks away. The Disney transport was fine somedays, and long waits on others. It all depends on timing. Overall, we did have a good time, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2005
10  Thank aphroduckie
Reviewed September 22, 2005

We just got back from the CBR and we loved it. We are a family of four, two adults, a one year old and a two year old. We stayed in the 25 building and were just a minute walk to Old Port Royale with the Main Pool and Food Court. There are two places to shop in the food court and we were able to pick up some great gifts and magazines.

Our room was ground level and offers two double beds. We ate at the food court daily and the food was not bad, we are not talking Ritz Carlton, it is a great place to grab a quick bite to eat. We also ordered Pizza one night and had it delivered in just Ten Minutes.

The pools were great! There is a kiddy pool that both my kids love and my two year old loved the slide at the main pool.

At Night, we went to the beach and sat on a hammock and watched the fire works at Epcot....My Kids Loved doing that. At night, we would also go sit by the pool bar and listen to music and relax, this was great for adults!

The shuttle service was very easy and fast. It was only about a three minute walk from our room to the bus pick up.

We are going back in December and will stay at the CBR, we have been here four times and just love it.

16  Thank puddnpie1023
Reviewed September 7, 2005

My parents, husband and I just got back from Orlando on Sept 6th.
Chieck in was a breeze. We requested 2 seperate rooms next to each other with views of the lake. We got it with no confusion.

The grounds are very clean and pretty. The rooms are plain hotel rooms but the grounds are worth it.

Highly recommend it.

5  Thank JoAnnaDestin
Reviewed September 5, 2005

place was easy to find...security at the gate was an added plus (cannot get in if your name is not on the check-in list)...registering was not a problem...asked for the preferred room and was given martinique ( about 2 mins. walked to the central eating place/store/main pool/marina)...food was decent, prices was expected for a resort, definitely buying the souvineer cup was worth it (free refill all thru out your stay)...did not wait long for the bus for transportation (ave of 10 mins)...room was okay only because it was connecting room and the people next door was already up at 6am fro the 2 mornings that we were there, oh, and our coffee maker was filthy...swimming was good because it's open till 12mn, we had a 10 and a 5 y/o with us so we had to try the main pool( although big enough was always crowded) and the martinique pool (that was not crowded at all no matter what time you went)...a plus too, was that even if you do not go out of the resort there was so mush to do...stay on a hammock at the beach while your kids are playing in the sand, go boating, biking by yourself or with the 4 of in a surrey bike............so everall, my family loved it and will definitely come back to the same resort!

11  Thank mem68ber