“Caribbean Beach Resort at Disney is Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #151 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Caribbean Beach Resort at Disney is Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

For those that have any fears or worries about the Caribbean Beach Resort let me alleviate your anxiety.
Arriving via Disney Express after an early morning flight, we were dropped off at the front door of the Resort
Customs House to check-in around 10:30A. There were but a few in front of us and we were promptly greeted
by one of the smiling and helpful Resort Cast Members. She confirmed our reservation, names and reviewed our
ticket plans. After taking a credit card for any additional room charges or other park charges, she provided card
keys for me, my wife and our pre-teen/teen children. We were placed in the Trinidad North cluster on ground level
with a water view. From the Customs House we caught a shuttle running to each of the Island clusters (such as Aruba,
Barbados, Martinique, Jamaica, etc.) our room was ready and were able to view our room & make a quick pit stop before
heading out to play. Room 3132 was a large corner room facing the beautifully landscaped waterside villas around the
resort. The room was decorated in lively tropical colors with a Nemo theme. The room had 2 double beds, which were
exceptionally comfortable! We would have slept pretty well no matter the bedding, but these beds allowed us to relax,
sleep and wake refreshed the next morning! We found the room to be tidy, very clean and spacious enough for the four in
our family for five days! The bathroom was divided into a vanity area and toilet/shower room. For more privacy one can
pull a curtain to further divide the main room from the vanity area for more privacy while dressing after shower.
The refrigerator and coffee maker were nice extras as well. For the coffee drinkers (that is if you desire more than food service
coffee) bring some of your favorite ground beans to percolate before breakfast or to enjoy with a carry-home dessert!
From our Island cluster we were but a short walk away from the Old Port Royale Marketplace, which has a large gift shop,
easy access to the pool and food service from grab & go to full table service at Shutter's Restaurant.
I must say, we were completely delighted with our accommodations at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,720)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

This hotel was great for us. We have and 12 and 16 year old. The hotel is very spread out, but with older kids you don't have worries. Martinique was a perfect location. Not to close to the main area but close enough for easy use of shops and food court. Each area has it's own pool. All areas are kept very clean. Food court stays open till 11pm which was great. Only draw back is the number of stops you make due to the lay out of the resort. They are good about changing up the route so you are not always last to get on or off. Location to parks is great. For a moderate resort this is a great value. The Disney Dine plan is fantastic. Make your dinner reservations before you go so you get to eat where you want though. I was a Travel agent for 15 years and Disney works very hard to stay on top.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
London Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

Check in was very quick and easy. We booked a pirate themed room at this resort. We requested one close to the center town area with a water view, and both requests were accomodated. However, we discovered the pirate themed rooms are only in Trinidad South buildings, which are at the far end of the very large property. We were lucky to get in building 34, which is the closest piratey building to the food court, and it still took us 5-10 minutes to walk there. I met some people in building 35 and 36 with children who found the walk ridiculously far to the restaurants.
Apart from the location, the pirate rooms are lots of fun! The furniture is very well themed. The shower curtain, bathroom curtain, bedspreads and artwork are also of a piratey nature. It would be wonderful if Disney could put some weatherstripping along the bottom of the door, because there is about a 1/2 inch gap, which let a few large bugs (cockroaches?) in our room. Ick! Housekeeping was reliable and satisfactory. The pool and waterslides were awesome.
Great variety at the food court, but I wouldn't want to eat there every day of my stay. We ate at Shutters on our last night, and we were disappointed with the atmosphere in that restaurant. It's essentially a separate room off of the food court, with no real difference in decor. We certainly felt overdressed for supper that night. The food was delicious though!
Shuttles are frequent, but too darn cold!! Beautiful landscaping and paths around the resort. Every Disney employee was very friendly and interesting to chat with. It was a great week vacation!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

After booking the trip in March for our family vacation and reading the all the reviews posted on these types of websites I was getting nervous about if I made the right decision to stay at the Caribbean Beach resort. It was our first trip to Disney World. Our family consisted of 5 boys from the ages of 18 to 12 and we stayed from July 20 through July 27. After reading all the negative comments about the resort, we did come across any of them. We stayed at the Barbados wing which was only a 3 minute walk ( I timed it) to Old Port Royale, which is the center of the resort. It was a soothing walk on the boardwalk with amazing scenery from the wildlife to the sandy beaches to the wonderful colors on the plant life and the Palm trees. The pool was amazing and it was open 24 hours. Having 5 boy teenagers that was a life saver. Each wing of the resort had a pool which was opened 24 hours. The only down fall swimming in your individual wing was you had to bring your own towels from your room. The main pool at Old Port Royale provided towels for you at the pool. We always asked for more towels and they were provided by housekeeping. We ate breakfeast everyday at the food court. Prices are high so be aware. Another problem I kept reading was the wait time for the bus transportation from and to the parks and back. The longest we waited was for 15 minutes and they were times the wait time was less than 5 minutes. We used the bus transportation all 7 days that we were there. They will at the resort say the average wait time is 15-20 minutes. The rooms were small but very clean. We had two adjoing rooms with two double beds in each room (Nemo theme). With all to do at the resort and at the parks we spent little time in our rooms so that didn't matter. Everyone at the resort was very helpful and very kind. They always had a smile. I would return with my family in a heartbeat.

2 Thank familyof5boys
maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

Our trip was to stay for a week and visit Typhoon Lagoon, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot. We stayed at Trinidad South. Our unit faced the lake which was a short walk from the pool but an inconvenient walk from the parking lot. The room was really underwhelming - it was decorated in a cheesy pirate motif and had two double beds. There were four dresser drawers made to look like ship crates and what appeared to be a sailors chest for extra storage. There were three hooks to hang things and a small shelf with one small table. This room was small and did not have as much storage as we would have liked for the price we paid. It just was not enough room for two adults and two small children and luggage - it seem claustrophobic.cramped, and dark. I guess they wanted to convey the atmoshphere of a 18th century English pirate ship and succeeded! All we needed was grog and thieving pirates!
Actually, the last part is close to the truth. I had a nice flashlight that I kept with me at the bed so I could have a convenient light to get to the bathroom at night, get drink of water, etc. I wouldn't have to wake everyone by turning the lights on in the whole room. The light was Surefire G2 Nitrolon LED which is something you don't buy at Walmart or Target - it is somewhat pricey. Anyway, near the end of the week I noticed it was missing and after a thorough search of the room concluded that it was taken. I reported it to a security guy who happened to be driving around in a golf cart. This guy looked like a regular cop with a blue uniform but he had Mickey Mouse's logos on the hat and shirt! I almost burst out laughing! A genuine Mickey Mouse cop! Who's his boss Officer Goofy? He took some info down for his report. Not sure if he was writing with a Pluto pen. I then contacted the manager of that resort's housekeeping group, Veronica. I had to call two to three times. She took her time responding to my request. She asked me questions, said she would report it and make inquiries. An "investigation" would be conducted. She apologized and said not to let it ruin the rest of my stay. She said it may have been caught up in the laundry when the sheets where pulled off by housekeeping and could've ended up in laundry collection building. She said employees know if they were caught stealing they would be fired. The operative word here is caught. Long story short, when I got back home I got a generic card and form letter saying that after further investigation, and checking lost and found, the item could not be located and that my claim file would be updated if and when it was found. I called their claim department to voice my frustration and anger. I basically was told I was out of luck and that Disney would not reimburse me for the stolen item. The claim lady told me it probably was destroyed in the laundry. Total baloney excuse. First of all that light is virtually indestructible and even if it was damaged, they could see parts of it in the machines. What really happened is that it was stolen by a staff member while the door was open by housekeeping staff. How do they know who's walking in and out of unit while the housekeeper is inside cleaning the bathroom? I strongly suspect the maintenance guy and then next, a housekeeper who had nothing to do at that unit other than looking for "treasures to plunder, matey!" "Ahoy, there's gold, money, and flashlights for me!" We paid for a room with pirate ship decor and got a real pirate thrown in! Ha!
Lessons learned: Don't stay here. Instead of a flashlight it could've been your gold necklace your husband gave you or any other valuable jewelry that was stolen. Pay the extra money for a larger decent place with security like the Swan where they have excellent places to eat in the lobby. The Old Port Royale food court at the CR was way overpriced, crowded and the food sucked for what you had to pay. It also was 10-15 minute walk or a slow crowded ride on a bus with a lot of stops in between.
The pool was OK sizewise but it was so hot and uncomfortable at night- it felt like it was purposely heated to 80 degrees F! It was not a cool refreshing swim.
Overall, I believe that it is better to pay a little more for better place to stay and have better choices for good food. Trinidad South at Disney Caribbean Resorts have dishonest, untrustworthy employees there. Yes, there are two-legged rats in these pirate rooms too! Unfortunately, my Disney experience was bad and I wouldn't do this again and not at this place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank scarcrow
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

First let me start with the good points. The landscaping of the resort is beautiful, with the exteriors of the buildings very well maintained. There are pools for each area as well as the main pool, which has two slides and a designated area for smaller children. The staff in my experience were all extremely helpful and polite, and the rooms were well serviced each day. Unlike previous reviews, I never once witnessed any dirty laundry left outside of rooms during our two week stay. The shuttle service to the parks and back is generally efficient with wait times on the whole are pretty minimal. The food court is efficient and runs smoothly once you catch on to how the dining plan works if you have chosen that option.

Now the bad points.......for a hotel charging these rates I found the bathroom to be a huge disappointment. It is extremely small and the water is tepid at best. The towels are all pretty threadbare, and of a standard I would reserve for using on my dog at home.
You will probably spend very little time in the room so lack of other room facilities is much less important, but for a company that promotes the magical experience this is anything but.

The shop is extremely poorly stocked with anything other than Disney merchandise. Coming from the UK and relying on the Disney transport, it was annoying to have to get a taxi outside the resort to be able to buy a few basic items. Of course, if all you want is Disney souveniers you will be in heaven.

Finally never use the shuttle service for anything other than direct connections i.e to go to one of the parks. We booked dinner at the Yacht club one night, and the various connections took over an hour for what could have been a five minute cab ride....

If the room, and especially the bathroom, facilities are not too important to you then I would recommend the hotel for its general look and feel and overall convenience. If you like a hot shower then look elsewhere....

Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

I always read trip advisor before booking any trips. Wished I would have listened to my fellow trippers and not booked the Caribbean Beach at Disney. . First of all I want to state that I have been coming to Disney since childhood and many trips with my family. I consider myself very patient and very easy going. Now that being said, I will have to honestly say that it wasn't my worst vacation to Disney but by far was the worst Disney Hotel I have ever stayed at. The positives do include that the resort has a very nice appearance and a very nice large pool for children. Now with the negatives. We usually stay at deluxe resorts and chose this resort first off based on the new pirate ship theme pool and also for the new "pirate rooms". I visited with 2 children. The choice was for them. The rooms like value resort rooms are very small. They have added some pirate them items in the room including some very large ship type beds. The already small room becomes like a broom closet with all the pirate decorations. The kids will like the pirate decorations but their wow appreciation will wear off very quickly and then you are still there in the closet. Looks alright for the kids but not worth it to stay in a closet for the entire trip. Not worth the money for those on a tight budget or even not on a budget. THEY ONLY MADE THESE ROOMS IN THE WORST BUILDING LOCATIONS THERE ARE IN THE RESORT. The resort is very large and you will have to walk forever to just get to the main building and large pool. That means it is a waste to buy those unlimited refill drink mugs since you will never want to walk way over there to fill them up. If you do, you will drink it all up while walking back! If you drive, you might as well just hop in the car and make the quick run up the road to off site eating. Saved a fortune, ate better food and didn't give the resort any more money than I had to. They have put these rooms in the never desired area from the past. They are still not desirable. The main building by the pool has the food area. I thought the food was alright but wished there was a choice for food from the Caribbean since staying at a hotel themed that way. The cast members were very nice except for a couple but overall found the workers to be more in spirit than many of the other places I have stayed. Perhaps they were happy as the place was not very busy and I noticed very few people in the North/South buildings that have the pirate rooms. After speaking to several people at the resort while there, I believe you would be more happy with a value resort over this resort or choose another moderate that is not spread out. I heard over and over how at least the value resorts has everything right there rather than having to track forever to get to everything. Please take my advice on this.....if you have children only stay here if you get a preferred room in one of the really close buildings to the pool. Avoid the pirate rooms! If you don't have children...do the same. You will thank yourself for following my advice.

1 Thank funtimememories
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!