Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
7,825 results
All reviewsold port royalepirate roommain poolfood courttrinidad northcustom housethe businternal shuttlepirate themejamaica sectionshutters restaurantdining planmain foodpreferred roomdisney worldwater viewmagic kingdom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Of course after reading all the bad reviews, I was hesitant to stay here. We have stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort now twice while visiting Disney and have never had a problem. The resort is spread out, however we did not mind a casual walk to breakfast each morning. As far as the rooms go we have stayed in Martinique and Barbados, never had a room that smelled bad or was dirty. As far as the food, not the greatest food in the world but still very tasty. The mickey waffles are a must. The staff was always very courteous and even gave my daughter a crown and wand at check-in. Overall the resort is beautiful and I would stay here again. If you are looking for a higher-end room- that's what the deluxe resorts are there for.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Martinique are close to the bus and food court.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Alyssa Y
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is our 3rd Disneyworld vacations; usually we stay at a Hilton Resort near Disneyworld. Being a fan of Disney, I held off on writing a bad review giving them an opportunity to address my concern. Till date I have not received a response. We traveled Dec. 2013.

We stay at Disney's Caribbean Beach, super excited because we are actually staying at a Disneyworld resort. What a letdown!!

Overcharge
Before our vacation even start, Disney Travel Service over charge by my credit card $1,227. I contact Disney Travel Service, talked to Phillipe, he promise to give me a follow up phone call to ensure that my credit card will be credit correctly. I did receive the credit but never got the follow up phone call. After returning home from vacation, there was another frivolous charge for $15. I dispute the charge and got my money back.

Check-in problems
We arrive to the hotel late due to flight delay. At check in, they did not have our park hopper pass that was part of our vacation package. The check-in girl asked that I come back in the morning and it would be available for me. The next morning, they still don't have my pass and no one is aware of the situation. I spent over an hour explaining to front desk, their manager, then someone from ESPN desk. Each person kept asking, "Are you sure you didn't pick it up when you check in?" How unprofessional to accuse a guest of scamming. They finally issue new pass but were unapologetic of the situation.

Pool way overcrowded
We were really excited to use the Pirate theme pool after seeing their website. Now picture the same pool with several hundred kids running around. Being a Disney's resort, we expected kids/crowd but not at this level. There is no chair available, can't walk without being bump into. The tiny spa had a capacity of maybe 12; there were 30 kids in there. Every few minutes, staff would argue with the kids regarding the spa capacity. Once the staff leave, the kids were all back in the spa again. For the week that we stay, we only attempt to use this pool once. Daily we walk by, it was always crowded. Not the tranquil or relaxing atmosphere that is portray on their website.

Room
The pirate theme room is really cool. Unfortunately, the theme and décor was the only positive. The room is really small and cramp. We luck out and had a mini-fridge, not all room has a mini fridge. We decided to stay in Orlando for an extra day (Gatorland). After leaving Disney's Caribbean Beach we check into Homewood Suites for less than 1/3 the cost. Homewood Suites room feel like a mansion comparing to Disney's Caribbean Beach.

Food Court
Expect long wait as if you were still at the theme park. There are crowds and lines for everything.

The resort is really big, lots of building. With that said, it takes 20 minute walk from our building to the pool/food court area. If you bought the all you can drink cup from the food court, don't expect to get much use out of it. 20 minute walk was not worth it to get a refill of soda or coffee. You leave the theme park after a day of crowds and lines, come back to your hotel to more crowds. You anticipate crowds at theme park but would expect your hotel to be more relaxing.

Other issues
Disneyworld is now using an all-in-one wristband. Meaning your wristband is your hotel key, parking gate key, and room charge for theme park/hotel. Each guest gets a wristband. At check-in they will up-sell you into linking a room charge and setting up a pin for your child. You child can purchase food or whatever when you are not nearby. One evening, my daughter walked 20 min to the food court then found out that her charge account did not work. A lengthy walk and was not able to purchase anything. I brought this to front desk attention; first they blame the check-n girl for not setting it up correctly. Then they blame travel division for not allowing access to room charge. Front desk ask that I contact travel division with my concern. I call and left several message with Disney Travel Division secretary. To date I still have not receive a return phone call. It's seems to be the common theme, no one is ever responsible for their mistakes. As a hotel guest, it's not important to me who made the error. Just fix the issues.

One evening about 2 am, we heard a loud commotion and argument. Police came and forcefully remove an intoxicated man that was making unwanted sexual advance towards a female guest.

Advice
Go to Disneyworld Theme park, they are fantastic. Services at the theme park are excellent, can't say the same for their hotel staff.

Don't stay at a Disney Resort Hotel, stay at a nearby hotel. There are plenty of great resort hotels near Disneyworld area (Kissimmee/Orlando). Disney's Caribbean Beach cost double to triple, overcrowded, and offer little customer service. Paying triple the price for bragging right of staying at a Disney Hotel is not worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near pool/food court if you plan on buying the unlimited refill soda. Noise might be a problem though.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank EvilLion
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Have just come back from a 2 week stay at this moderate Disney hotel and was very pleasantly surprised. Was worried as to what to expect after having read some of the reviews recently. My family and I stayed at Martinique rooms 2123/2124 which have recently been redecorated. Yes the carpet was still a bit old and the furniture a bit worn (fridge really to big for the cupboard) but there was new curtains, newly painted walls, new Nemo bed topper and lovely new thick mattresses. Was just a few minutes walk from the food court (food got very tiresome towards the end of our stay), Close to our little beach area and small pool. One of the highlights was sitting outside by the bar area and being able to see the Epcot fireworks every night. Good all round location for all the parks (Magic Kingdom being the furthest away). If prepared to go with an open mind think would definitely suit families for a first visit. Would certainly consider staying there again if visiting WDW. Only downside was the very noisy air conditioning!

Room Tip: Ask for Martinique, is a quieter location away from the main pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank vicky h
Reviewed April 13, 2014

You still pay a good price for these moderate rooms and what do you get? Subpar experience. The dust on the curtains were an inch thick and they are motel rooms. Average of $200 a night motel room. Other than the dust bunnies in the corners the room was clean and yes the grounds were maintained nicely with a few actually bunnys outside. But you had to walk a long way or drive to the main pool and store/restaurant. I don't think you will be disappointed with this place if you know what to expect. I could see paying this money for a motel because it is WDW but with that price there shouldn't be that much dust in ones room. No, I wouldn't stay here again. I would chose a luxury hotel with Disney or a cheaper luxury hotel off property for cheaper.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pickytrav69
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Better the second time around! The grounds really remind you of the Caribbean, with artificial sand beaches and palm trees and lush tropical vegetation around! The grounds are maintained impeccably. I like the hammocks on the sand beaches, too.

The rooms are OK. They could be refurbished. A lot could be improved by just removing carpets and having central air as opposed to the window air conditioning units.

It's nice that you could stay at one resort and visit others to eat or have fun.

Service is hit and miss. First time, the person who checked us in was unpleasant. Second time, a wonderful young lady (Brittany?) was awesome.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business