“Pleasantly surprised - couldn't ask for more!”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #149 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised - couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Have just come back from a 2 week stay at this moderate Disney hotel and was very pleasantly surprised. Was worried as to what to expect after having read some of the reviews recently. My family and I stayed at Martinique rooms 2123/2124 which have recently been redecorated. Yes the carpet was still a bit old and the furniture a bit worn (fridge really to big for the cupboard) but there was new curtains, newly painted walls, new Nemo bed topper and lovely new thick mattresses. Was just a few minutes walk from the food court (food got very tiresome towards the end of our stay), Close to our little beach area and small pool. One of the highlights was sitting outside by the bar area and being able to see the Epcot fireworks every night. Good all round location for all the parks (Magic Kingdom being the furthest away). If prepared to go with an open mind think would definitely suit families for a first visit. Would certainly consider staying there again if visiting WDW. Only downside was the very noisy air conditioning!

Room Tip: Ask for Martinique, is a quieter location away from the main pool area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank vicky h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,807)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2014

You still pay a good price for these moderate rooms and what do you get? Subpar experience. The dust on the curtains were an inch thick and they are motel rooms. Average of $200 a night motel room. Other than the dust bunnies in the corners the room was clean and yes the grounds were maintained nicely with a few actually bunnys outside. But you had to walk a long way or drive to the main pool and store/restaurant. I don't think you will be disappointed with this place if you know what to expect. I could see paying this money for a motel because it is WDW but with that price there shouldn't be that much dust in ones room. No, I wouldn't stay here again. I would chose a luxury hotel with Disney or a cheaper luxury hotel off property for cheaper.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pickytrav69
Clemmons, North Carolina
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Better the second time around! The grounds really remind you of the Caribbean, with artificial sand beaches and palm trees and lush tropical vegetation around! The grounds are maintained impeccably. I like the hammocks on the sand beaches, too.

The rooms are OK. They could be refurbished. A lot could be improved by just removing carpets and having central air as opposed to the window air conditioning units.

It's nice that you could stay at one resort and visit others to eat or have fun.

Service is hit and miss. First time, the person who checked us in was unpleasant. Second time, a wonderful young lady (Brittany?) was awesome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CalatoareRomanca
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Let me start I was worried about all the negative reviews I read here. But have to say my wife and 2 children 11 and 5 had the best time and a relaxed atmosphere here at Caribbean beach. I booked the first night at art of animation just to check it out and it was nice but felt like I was in a park with so many people moving around and the room they gave me was very nice also but it felt like I walked half a mile to the bus or food. When we arrived at Caribbean beach my kids were very happy staying at Caribbean beach instead of art of animation. First room was clean and house keeping was excellent we were in Martinique bus was 200 ft from our room and the port royal were the food and pools were was a short walk all convenient. Food in the food court was decent did not change much everyday average bill for 4 people was $38 dllrs hamburger with fries around 10dllrs. We ate at night often because disney parks and downtown disney restaurants are all packed with one and half hour wait. Busses arrived promptly had a rental car but was easier with the bus service . Got to have the magic band with fast pass + it saved us a lot of time in the parks it works great. I have no complaints and definitely will come back.

Room Tip: Martinique was a good location
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Gus R
Rhode Island
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The rooms are on the large side, for Disney. It came with a table and 2 chairs and a fridge, so it's easy to eat simple meals in your room. The double sinks were great for getting ready quickly. The linens were spotless white and the bed was comfortable. We had a car so it worked well for us, but we were so far from the amenities that without one we would have been unhappy with the location of our room. The food at Port Royale, the resort food court, was surprisingly good. I am vegetarian and had no trouble finding healthy meals there. The best part of this resort, though, is the amazing pool. It was like a waterpark! We didn't have a chance to try it out, but the kids in it seemed to be having the time of their lives.

Room Tip: The best location is in Trinidad. Aruba and Barbados are the furthest from the amenities.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauryc
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Overall we found the service at this hotel very poor. The staff either didn't seem to care or didn't know what they were doing.
In the quick service food court I had to take my fish sandwich back because it was cold. The woman seemed completely confused when I said it was cold and said "Well we have a microwave." For $11 I was expecting more than a microwaved piece of fish. She then said the chef was going to make me another one. A minute later the chef came out and said "You know the coleslaw is cold right?" I said "Yes, but the fish is cold too." I thought, I'm not stupid thank you.
The second let down was when we tried to get the Magic Express. We were told the night before that if we called 30 minutes before the departure time someone would come to our room to help us with our bags, so we called at 2.30am with the bus leaving at 3.25am and were told we'd be picked up at 2.55am. After waiting we got a call from reception saying there was only one bell boy and he still had to more check ins to do so it might take a while. She couldn't give us a rough time so in the end we had to walk ourselves and our bags to the front desk worrying about the time.
Overall I wouldn't recommend this place. All Star Resorts are cheaper, easier to navigate and the staff are so friendly!

Room Tip: Avoid and go to All Star Resorts
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Provo
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I wasn't really expecting a lot out the "moderate Disney resort," but the overall property really blew me away. Take away the Nemo trim, and the room is basically a Days Inn. However, I loved the fact that I walked out of my room to find a beach with several hammocks. The property is laid out in 6 or 7 clusters of buildings. Each cluster has it's own beach area. The resort is a little spread out which some could see as a drawback but I enjoyed the 1.2 mile loop around the walking/running trail. The parking lots weren't empty but the resort didn't seem too crowded. Each morning, my wife and I went running on the trail and then hung out on the beach. One thing I wasn't too impressed with was the breakfast. We wanted to each early morning. The information we had said the breakfast opened at 6:30, but only a small portion of the restaurant was actually open. So, the items we actually wanted were not available yet and we had to choose from the quick service items. I was impressed with the shuttle service. This is what you are really paying for at a Disney Resort. They were consistent and easy to use. Disney could just as easily have each bus pick up and then drop off at each park. This would certainly save them a lot of money. But they do it right and have a dedicated shuttle going back and forth between the hotels and individual parks. Because of this and the service to and from the airport, I will be back again for sure. It is certainly worth the extra money in comparison to a similar hotel room.

Room Tip: If you exercise on vacation, you'll need to be creative as there is no gym. Also, the rooms faci...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!