“Very nice vacation spot!”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #149 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Thousand Oaks, California
“Very nice vacation spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

My family stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort for a week while we were in the area for a Disney wedding. We had a very nice time there, there seemed to always be plenty to do. Whether you wanted to sit in the quiet pool or go down to the very active area at the community pool with the hot tubs the choice was yours. There is a 1 mile walking/jogging trail around the lake which came in very handy to work off all of the extra calories we consume. Staff played games with the children at the pool during the day, and there was a nightly movie being shown outside. The children absolutely loved it. The only downside is that it is a little expensive to buy your meals and drinks there. one piece of advice I would give is to purchase the Disney mug at the beginning of the week. You pay one price to refill it however many times you want during the week. This was a huge cost savings for us. We also shopped nearby so we had things to make lunches and have a few snacks. To keep Mom happy I brought my own alcohol because drinks are $11.50 apiece at the bar.

3 Thank Jackie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,749)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed at the resort from Feb. 24-Mar. 3, 2014 celebrating my 50th Birthday what an amazing stay! We had a corner room was really nice the grounds were beautiful and the service was great, food court was amazing lots to choose from. Thank You for an Amazing stay!! Mary Harrison from Watkins Glen, NY.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Mharris223
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We haven't stayed "on grounds" for 9 years and I was travelling with my husband and our 26 year old daughter. When I made our reservations (for 3 nights) I decided to make at a moderate hotel, thinking we were upgrading a little from ecomony. We walked into the room and it had a musty and mildew smell. You can tell the rooms haven't been upgraded in the 15+ years that they were built. The two double beds were equally uncomfortable. Time to update the room and the beds!! To add insult they charged me an extra $15 a night for my daughter because she is an adult. Really? We didn't have an extra bed. Ridiculous. It was like staying in a Motel 6. We drove each day to the parks, which worked well for us. Didn't utilize bus at hotel, just hopping between parks. If you have a car, you are definitely better staying off grounds. No advantages besides reserving fast passes earlier than non-resort guests. We left Disney and went to Embassy Suites on International Drive for business and the room was gorgeous for the same price and three times the size. We should have stayed there our entire trip.

5 Thank julieb8
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

My mum and I travelled down for a vacation march 22-26th.

We were nervous about the hotel due to the bad reviews of the beds, the transportation system and the cleanliness. So our expectations weren't very high.

When we arrived the check-in was quick and the cast members were very friendly. We got to our room in Aruba and our initial impression was "awesome" ! I checked the beds for bed bugs because I am a paranoid nurse and was super happy to find none. The sheets were clean, the beds were very comfortable. Firm yet comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the room looks like it was freshly painted. There are flat screen tv's and wifi in every room. The wifi is slow first thing in the morning and then when you get home from the fireworks. Just wifi overload. Works great every other time of the day. Back to the rooms, there was no mould or mildew smell and the air conditioning was just perfect.

The resort was expansive but you're able to walk everywhere. We had no problems with the internal resort shuttle or with getting buses to and from the parks. The drivers were friendly and informative.

The pools are wonderful and the hammocks are awesome. Beautiful resort grounds. We rarely ran into many people and we were at the resort during peak spring break time.

If you're looking for something more than a Hampton Inn type hotel, stay at a more expensive resort. I have expensive hotel tastes but I had absolutely no problem with this resort. Give it a try. Aruba room 5644 was great!

• Stayed March 2014
10 Thank BrieGM
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have stayed in the "nicer" resorts of Walt Disney World because my mom used to work for Disney. I was not expecting the same kind of room when staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. It is on a different tier, anyway. However, my stay was perfectly pleasant.

The room was nice. We would have preferred the King room as opposed to the Double, but no harm, no foul. What was more important was that we were located in one of my top "island" destinations within the resort: Jamaica. And we were.

The bathroom was kind of funny. A curtain between the bedroom and the double sinks (yay, double sinks!). The "closet" was in there, too...really just a rod on the wall. The safe couldn't fit a laptop or a camera if you tried, but it did fit a tablet. The shower/toilet room is small and while it was clean, it could be refreshed--as in, deep grout cleaning and maybe repainting. Other than that, it was fine.

We only ate breakfast there but there were great options! Who doesn't like Mickey waffles, right? I'm sure they are at every resort. It was really quite beautiful with the big Barefoot Bay. I wish we had stayed longer and had a chance to take advantage of the aquatic options or simply laying in the hammocks!

There is a jacuzzi and the pool looked like a lot of fun!

The bus service throughout the resort is good. The internal bus circles the resort so you don't have to walk everywhere. We couldn't figure out a timetable for the buses to the parks. It seemed like every other bus was Animal Kingdom. We never had to wait toooo long, though.

Unfortunately, the only "room service" is pizza delivery. I really wanted breakfast in bed on my birthday but that's ok.

We really liked staying within the Disney World resort and we would stay here again. The team was really nice and all in all, it was a great stay for a great birthday weekend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LAAsh
Hamden, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a hard one for me to write, I LOVE DISNEY, we go often and have stayed at a variety of the hotels, our favorite of the moderates is Port Orleans French Quarter. This was our first time at this resort, positives, pool, and landscaping....negatives, there are a lot! The staff is not Disney caliber, they are either disengaged or rude! The housekeeping is horrible, the snack bar staff not quick or nice and the food not too good. Management is not good and only had excuses, I was told someone would contact me after I complained about the housekeeping...no one bothered! Staff at the store never called about a package that I had delivered from Epcot, when I called and asked them to check they were annoyed. Just not what I expect from Disney... The first time I have ever come back stressed, not a good or happy feeling. Also the beds are double beds, not queen and very uncomfortable! Do yourself a favor stay somewhere else!!

13 Thank Alicatred
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

My sons and I stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort for 2 nights recently. We had stayed for 4 nights back in 2010 and really enjoyed it. We originally were not going to stay here as I had opted for a less expensive off Disney property. But that hotel did not work out and we quickly booked rooms at Caribbean Beach. It was the best decision I made the entire vacation. We once again had a great time at the hotel. Everyone was very nice and friendly. My sons (8 year old boys) love the pool area. The shuttle service is so convenient. We never had to wait more than 4 or 5 minutes. We really like the new wristbands that hold our tickets, fast passes, room key, and charging ability. Very easy and convenient. Great, relaxing, stay overall! Only one downside is the rooms are very basic and small, but we didn't spend much time in the room. Would definitely come back.

4 Thank Keith M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!