I have stayed at pretty much every Disney resort there is. I've been going done about once a month for the past two years and can honestly say this resort is the worst resort Disney has on property. They should do themselves a favor and shut the resort down and tear it down and start from scratch. Firstly, not an elevator will be found to get to the second floor rooms, that should be a good indicator as to how old this resort really is. You check in in one building and then can walk 15 minutes to the store or food court and the only bar to be found is a pool bar. When I checked in on 2/14 and asked where the bar was and she circled F for the pool bar I couldn't believe it! It's 56 degrees outside and the only bar you have is outside by the pool?
The rooms were decent even though my bed felt broken, although missing grout and dirty tile and a barely working toilet could have been fixed. Also, when you put a Do Not Disturb sign out, it means do not disturb. I got phone calls every morning at 10 am asking if I was anticipating needing service that day. This is completely unacceptable as I brought up to a manager who said to me, that's how they do things here. I can guarantee that has NEVER happened at any other Disney resort I've stayed at. Also, the walls in the room are seriously paper thin. You can hear whole conversations in the room next to you and you will hear that baby cry for 5 hours straight right next door. They also start landscaping at about 7:30-8am so don't be surprised to be rudely awoken by a weed trimmer. Another complaint I have is that during my stay they apparently started repaving the roads so there were detours to already somewhat confusing roads. There was no mention of the roads being repaved or the fact that there was a detour by the hotel. When I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside during a marathon, they left a letter and a voicemail to detail the road closures around the parks in the morning and a sorry for the inconvenience. Same thing at the Polynesian. They wrote a letter and left a voicemail about the resort monorail being down in the afternoon hours to work on maintenance. NOTHING from them. I asked why we weren't made aware and only got the response of it's only for a day or two. RUDE!
If you value your time and sanity, I highly suggest staying somewhere else. I've never had a worse hotel experience than here. Other than the fact that it is moderately priced, I'd rather pay the extra money and stay somewhere nicer, someone should do this place a favor and light a match to burn it to the ground it is that bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando