“Will NEVER stay here again!!!”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #149 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Lisle, Illinois
“Will NEVER stay here again!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed at pretty much every Disney resort there is. I've been going done about once a month for the past two years and can honestly say this resort is the worst resort Disney has on property. They should do themselves a favor and shut the resort down and tear it down and start from scratch. Firstly, not an elevator will be found to get to the second floor rooms, that should be a good indicator as to how old this resort really is. You check in in one building and then can walk 15 minutes to the store or food court and the only bar to be found is a pool bar. When I checked in on 2/14 and asked where the bar was and she circled F for the pool bar I couldn't believe it! It's 56 degrees outside and the only bar you have is outside by the pool?

The rooms were decent even though my bed felt broken, although missing grout and dirty tile and a barely working toilet could have been fixed. Also, when you put a Do Not Disturb sign out, it means do not disturb. I got phone calls every morning at 10 am asking if I was anticipating needing service that day. This is completely unacceptable as I brought up to a manager who said to me, that's how they do things here. I can guarantee that has NEVER happened at any other Disney resort I've stayed at. Also, the walls in the room are seriously paper thin. You can hear whole conversations in the room next to you and you will hear that baby cry for 5 hours straight right next door. They also start landscaping at about 7:30-8am so don't be surprised to be rudely awoken by a weed trimmer. Another complaint I have is that during my stay they apparently started repaving the roads so there were detours to already somewhat confusing roads. There was no mention of the roads being repaved or the fact that there was a detour by the hotel. When I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside during a marathon, they left a letter and a voicemail to detail the road closures around the parks in the morning and a sorry for the inconvenience. Same thing at the Polynesian. They wrote a letter and left a voicemail about the resort monorail being down in the afternoon hours to work on maintenance. NOTHING from them. I asked why we weren't made aware and only got the response of it's only for a day or two. RUDE!

If you value your time and sanity, I highly suggest staying somewhere else. I've never had a worse hotel experience than here. Other than the fact that it is moderately priced, I'd rather pay the extra money and stay somewhere nicer, someone should do this place a favor and light a match to burn it to the ground it is that bad.

Room Tip: Honestly I don't think there is a good room to choose from. The rooms on the first floor are co...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
8 Thank elizabeth1012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,746)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boone, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our son just after he turned 2. We were on the first floor which was good since we were using a stroller the whole trip. We were thrilled with the bus stop right outside our front door which made for easy service to and from the parks 4 out of 5 days.

The room was older, but true to pictures. We didn't spend too much time in the room anyway. We had 4 park days and a meal plan so we were busy until bed time. We enjoyed the courtyard and quality/service of food. Our son was free and we did not get a meal plan for him based on his age. There was still more food than we could have imagined and it was convenient enough to walk back and forth. It was more spread out than I expected, but still not too far.

We also enjoyed sitting on the beach at night watching the fireworks from Epcot.

The staff was wonderful. The cleaning people made my week so nice and relaxed by giving me a week off of my normal family cleaning responsibilities. We met a sweet grounds lady who chatted with us and gave my son stickers.

We had friends that stayed that splurged on a deluxe resort for the convenience of a balcony, but since our room opened to the outside we didn't really need a balcony to get fresh air.

Overall, it was a good experience and we felt it was a good value for our family needs - transportation, food, service, and fun!

Room Tip: Get a preferred room to be close to main building, food court, etc. No stairs so get a first floor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mallen1031
Vine Grove, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I read many reviews for this hotel, and it made my husband and self apprehensive to stay. Since no other moderate or value level was available we choose to take our chance. We choose a preferred room and was placed in Martinique #25. It was very clean and the Nemo theme was cute. We were on the second floor, and though there are no elevators, we never minded the stairs. Our room was very quiet every day and night, even with quite a few teenage girls there for a competition. My daughter loved the pool and kids activities. We loved watching the Epcot fireworks every night, without the Epcot crowd. The grounds are cute and well taken care of. My husband jogged the lake path every morning and was happy. Our building was close to the bus stop, and since we seemed to be the first stop for pick up and first off I have no complaints. We never used the resort only bus as the weather was too perfect not to walk around.

2 Thank 698AnnB
East Meadow, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just got back from a week in this amazing resort. My wife & I first stayed here 15 years ago before we had kids and wanted to come back after a so/so experience at Animal Kingdom a couple years ago. We were so happy we decided to come back here. The resort was beautiful, the rooms were awesome and to my surprise we were upgraded to their pirate themed rooms which my kids loved. Disney totally went out of their way with every detail in these rooms. If you can, try to request a room in the Trinidad South region since all the rooms there have the pirate theme. The rooms are huge compared to Animal Kingdoms so crowding was a non issue for us. The pools in each region are open 24/7 so if you have the energy after a day at the parks you can go in for a dip. The only pool that closes early (10 I believe) is the main pool in Old Port Royale. This will definitely be our hotel choice for all future visits. You won't be disappointed.

5 Thank Argyk89
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was weary of staying here after reading some reviews. However, we had a great experience.
Pros
-The resort was huge with so much to do!
-The resort, including the rooms, were very clean. There are never any overflowing trash cans, no dried up gum on the boardwalk or sidewalks, and the landscaping is well kept.
-Pretty quiet considering how big the resort is
-Numerous pools throughout the resort
-"Man-made" beaches
-Incredible staff (my daughter wanted milk at 5:30 in the morning. Nothing was opened, but the front desk sent someone to our room with a half gallon of milk!)

Cons
Rooms looked "motel-like"

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Helio6
Mount Sinai, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We just got back from a weeks stay at the Caribbean beach, we booked a preferred room it was located in Martinique corner room 2462, it was the perfect location, big room and right across was the bus stop. The hotel staff was very friendly, from the check in girl to the bell hops, our room was very clean and the maid service was excellent! The kids love the big pool, my 14yr son and 6yr daughter must of gone down it over a 100x's! They have music playing and entertainment for the little kids ( pool games/ dance party each day by the pool) Food court had good food and we always got a seat. overall the resort is very clean, friendly and a great value!

6 Thank carls672014
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were not impressed, to say the least.
We were on the second floor. There weren't any elevators which made this trip very difficult for my mother-in-law who has MS (and yes, we had stated this prior to our reservation).
We were told this was a moderately priced resort, but it was more like a cut-rate motel at moderate prices.
The beds had thin mattresses over rock hard box springs with cheap pillows & coverlets.
Our room wasn't very clean - the beds and fixtures had a lot of dust, the lights were dim & dingy, the floors weren't very clean & the shower had mold.
The ceiling fan in our room was missing it's pull cord & we were unable to turn it on.
When we called for service, they said they would send someone up to fix it. However, in the 7 days we were there, no one ever fixed it.
We had to ask for clean towels, wash clothes & soap/shampoo on a daily basis.
My entire family fell ill with the stomach flu while we were there & on the day we had to check out, several of us were still ill. My husband asked if we could stay in our room until we had to go to the airport, but the concierge told him, only if we paid for another day.
Needless-to- say, our trip was far less than magical.

2 Thank jmbpicker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!