“Best thing I can say is it had pirate ship beds & Calypso music.”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #155 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were not impressed, to say the least.
We were on the second floor. There weren't any elevators which made this trip very difficult for my mother-in-law who has MS (and yes, we had stated this prior to our reservation).
We were told this was a moderately priced resort, but it was more like a cut-rate motel at moderate prices.
The beds had thin mattresses over rock hard box springs with cheap pillows & coverlets.
Our room wasn't very clean - the beds and fixtures had a lot of dust, the lights were dim & dingy, the floors weren't very clean & the shower had mold.
The ceiling fan in our room was missing it's pull cord & we were unable to turn it on.
When we called for service, they said they would send someone up to fix it. However, in the 7 days we were there, no one ever fixed it.
We had to ask for clean towels, wash clothes & soap/shampoo on a daily basis.
My entire family fell ill with the stomach flu while we were there & on the day we had to check out, several of us were still ill. My husband asked if we could stay in our room until we had to go to the airport, but the concierge told him, only if we paid for another day.
Needless-to- say, our trip was far less than magical.

2  Thank jmbpicker
There are newer reviews for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We had a fabulous stay here. Though it is not my favorite moderate resort, I would stay here again without hesitation.
The resort is lovely, with hammocks and fountains all around the lagoon. The pool is great, with the pirates fort and water cannons.
We really enjoyed the food court here. There was something for everyone. The location of the resort was great, as it is centrally located. The bus service is wonderful, as you do not have to share one with another resort.
This is a wonderful resort! Give it a try!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Pros: price is decent. Rooms are fine, with 2 full size beds, housekeeping did a good job, bus transportation was timely. Lush mature landscaping. Disney resort perks are huge for us: extra value hours, Magical Express bus to/from MCO. Kids loved the big main pool with slides and baby pool.

Cons: far from MK: 25 minutes by bus; closer to AK and Epcot. Rooms are dated. Fridge not very cold. Water tastes terrible, food at resort mediocre and pricey, even at food court (advice: bring your own food to save $ - we packed cereal, crackers, peanut butter and jelly - thought we'd buy loaf of bread and milk at resort - wrong - can't buy loaf or a quart of milk, only individual size, overpriced, pre-packages sandwiches and drinks, even at the resort "grocery"). Everything single serve and disposable made us feel terrible about environmental toll - how many plastic bottles, styrofoam cups, paper plates can a family of 4 go through in a week when that's all that's offered? Way too many. Huge resort = lots of walking. Paid extra for preferred location but still 10 min walk to main pool. Rooms have extra thin walls - can hear neighbors conversation word for word - bring ear plugs! No elevators, requested 1st floor because we have stroller. Magical Express may be a bit too efficient - for an 8 AM departure flight, they had us up and ready at 4:15 AM - we were at MCO by 5 and waited 3 hours.

Inconvenience was not worth the cost savings for us - next visit, plan to come at low season, take advantage of lower rates and smaller crowds, and stay on the monorail line. Club level at the Grand Flo was our last experience - much less time spent waiting (for bus to arrive, sitting on bus for long drives) and walking (to distant bus stops, to pool etc at spread out resort). Also club level provides great food/drink offerings and is great for breakfast and filling snacks, cut way down on our food expenses, especially with picky kids who don't eat huge meals anyway, and meant much less paper plate/styrofoam cup waste.

If your budget doesn't allow for the better resorts, I really don't see how this moderate resort is much better than a value resort. Especially
not recommended if you have a hard time with mobility.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank milkbonehappy
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We checked into our room on February 16th. My first impression as we were driving into the resort was that it looked pretty nice. We parked and our room was not ready yet so we took a bus to the Animal Kingdom. We arrived at our room in the "Aruba" section of the resort later and I was pretty disappointed in the size and appearance of our room. Honestly, it reminded me of a cheap roadside motel with some "Finding Nemo" border slapped on the walls. It was freezing in the room so I adjusted the temperature on the ac/furnace. Later I noticed a sign on the unit saying that the dials didn't work and to use the wall unit to adjust the temperature. I turned the temperature to 80 degrees and it was still blowing out cold air. Eughh! The first morning we were there I took the "Internal" bus to breakfast because I wasn't sure how big the resort was and was traveling with my four kids (2 months, 5, 6, and 11). The bus service was good to the parks but after the first morning we realized it was easier to walk to breakfast and to the main pools. We enjoyed the breakfast food; especially the Bounty Platter! The staff working there were really nice and friendly with the kids. After arriving back to our room the second night, the room temperature was still freezing so I called the front desk. Nobody came to look at the problem so it was another cold and uncomfortable night. When we woke up, I called again about the problem and was told that someone would come fix it. Apparently someone did come, and they were unable to fix it so a second person supposedly was able to correct it. Um ok. When we arrived back to the room on night #3 the room was still freezing. I called the front desk and the lady said that she would offer me a space heater but they had "no safe heaters available for me to use". Not sure what that meant but she did offer me "four blankets". About an hour later a housekeeper brought me two blankets and told us to turn the thermostat to OFF and it would know when to restart. That obviously wasn't going to work but at that point I was too cold and tired to argue with him so I just agreed. At one point my boyfriend had the entire unit pulled apart trying to work on it. He said the filters looked filthy and probably hadn't been changed in a long time. The heat issue never was resolved. We had also requested a room on the first floor but our room was on the second floor (there are only two floors). It was quite a hassle carrying the stroller down the steps everytime we left our room. Halfway through our stay I decided to do a load of laundry. The washers and dryers looked ancient!! Long story short, the dryer burnt holes in our clothes and ruined them! The manager did offer to reimburse us and offered to provide us with a taxi to go shopping to replace our clothes the next day. What a disaster! Our final morning there, the sound on our tv started malfunctioning and there was a big spider crawling across the ceiling. Ahhhh! I will never stay there again and would not recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank LHLJ_mama
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I and my family stayed for a week in November in the Martinique area. For one of the mid-level properties, this was a very good facility. The rooms were clean and the size was fine for the three of us, but it was a bit dark. We had a small refrigerator, but were told this was dumb luck, as a lot of rooms across all the properties right now don't have fridges. We were a 7-10 minute walk from the pool and restaurant area, but it was fine. Both amenities, the pool and the restaurant/gift shop area were very nice. The shuttle bus stops were convenient, even if the buses themselves were not always convenient. The resort is a bit removed from the main parks, so you need to plan travel time into your schedule and the buses do not seem to have any schedule at all to them, so wait times were sometimes very long. All in all, a good resort and if I decided to stay at a mid-level resort again, would be fine staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 77Tim77
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Disney Annual Passholder from Florida. End up at Disney all the time.

Just stayed two nights here with my girlfriend and her parents. We had two separate reservations. My girlfriend and I stayed in Aruba. Her parents stayed in Trinidad South. They booked too late and could only get a pirate room so if that's what you booked, there's a good chance you'll be at Trinidad South.
Our room was very good. I requested to be in Aruba with a water view and got both. The room was on the corner which I liked even though on our second day there, our only neighbors were screaming as loud as they could in their room. I paid a little extra for a king size bed which was very comfortable and made the room extremely spacious. The regular rooms have some Finding Nemo characters around them. The pool was about ten seconds from our room and just beyond that was a beach area with some hammocks (no swimming there though). Every village has a small beach area. Between the Aruba and Jamaica village is a walkway that takes you across to the main pool and all the food which really helps make this resort smaller in terms of walking. I'd say the villages that aren't close to the food or main pool is Trinidad South or Barbados. There's an internal resort shuttle that just circles around the hotel that you can take if you don't feel like walking or driving your own car.

Some people in my party had issues navigating the resort on the road and within the villages and I noticed other reviewers had the same issue. I was able to pick up the layout of the resort after being there a couple hours. If you think you'll have an issue study the layout before your actual vacation so you'll know where you're going.

The only real issue we had this weekend which isn't necessarily the hotel's fault is that the buses haven't been running too efficiently. We waited over 30 minutes for a bus to Epcot our second day before giving up and walking from Old Port Royale to Trinidad South to get the car. Then, later that night we waited over 30 minutes again for a bus back from Downtown Disney. I've noticed this from other hotels though on my last few visits.

If you're unfamiliar with Disney hotels, my only word of advice is be prepared to walk. Whether you're at a value resort, a deluxe resort, or the campground you can believe there's going to be some walking involved. Every Disney hotel is huge and the bus stops aren't always gonna be close to your room.

Room Tip: Make sure to do your online check in. You can request what village you want to be in, a room with a...
3  Thank skimsoflo1219
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This "resort" is really old. I called ahead and when speaking to a front desk person she said they are planning on redoing the resort soon. I found our room very small, old and noisy, but also clean and well lit. The problems I had were that you could hear every shower, toilet flush, drapes pull, tv in the area. There also must be security that drive a golf cart thru the night, thats loud too. The maid serive was fine, but we were often done at the end of the day. Also the maid left us weird amounts of towels, we never had the same amount on any day. Also sometimes she left 3 bars of soap and 2 bottles of conditioner or no soap and one bottle of shampoo. And a few times I had to call for coffee pods because we didn't get any. We stayed in Barbados which was fine. We found the buses pretty easy. Did not like the food court at all. The small pool near our room was ok, the large pool with slides was over crowded. The landscaping was pretty. The bus ride to the airport was great! I really appreciated checking our luggage on the last day so we were able to enjoy our last day at the parks. Also when we were there they were repaving the roads in the resort which caused a bit of delays with the buses. I wasn't sure why they chose to do this during one of their busiest vacation weeks. But it should be done by now.

Room Tip: High floors might be a little quieter.
1  Thank Charmagne88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!