Pros: price is decent. Rooms are fine, with 2 full size beds, housekeeping did a good job, bus transportation was timely. Lush mature landscaping. Disney resort perks are huge for us: extra value hours, Magical Express bus to/from MCO. Kids loved the big main pool with slides and baby pool.
Cons: far from MK: 25 minutes by bus; closer to AK and Epcot. Rooms are dated. Fridge not very cold. Water tastes terrible, food at resort mediocre and pricey, even at food court (advice: bring your own food to save $ - we packed cereal, crackers, peanut butter and jelly - thought we'd buy loaf of bread and milk at resort - wrong - can't buy loaf or a quart of milk, only individual size, overpriced, pre-packages sandwiches and drinks, even at the resort "grocery"). Everything single serve and disposable made us feel terrible about environmental toll - how many plastic bottles, styrofoam cups, paper plates can a family of 4 go through in a week when that's all that's offered? Way too many. Huge resort = lots of walking. Paid extra for preferred location but still 10 min walk to main pool. Rooms have extra thin walls - can hear neighbors conversation word for word - bring ear plugs! No elevators, requested 1st floor because we have stroller. Magical Express may be a bit too efficient - for an 8 AM departure flight, they had us up and ready at 4:15 AM - we were at MCO by 5 and waited 3 hours.
Inconvenience was not worth the cost savings for us - next visit, plan to come at low season, take advantage of lower rates and smaller crowds, and stay on the monorail line. Club level at the Grand Flo was our last experience - much less time spent waiting (for bus to arrive, sitting on bus for long drives) and walking (to distant bus stops, to pool etc at spread out resort). Also club level provides great food/drink offerings and is great for breakfast and filling snacks, cut way down on our food expenses, especially with picky kids who don't eat huge meals anyway, and meant much less paper plate/styrofoam cup waste.
If your budget doesn't allow for the better resorts, I really don't see how this moderate resort is much better than a value resort. Especially
not recommended if you have a hard time with mobility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, HotelsClick, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando