Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
$114
$173
$157
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$89
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$177
$289
$239
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$325
$247
Travelocity
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
$473
$458
Travelocity
7,830 results
All reviewsold port royalepirate roommain poolfood courttrinidad northcustom housethe businternal shuttlepirate themejamaica sectionshutters restaurantdining planmain foodpreferred roomdisney worldwater viewmagic kingdom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I and my family stayed for a week in November in the Martinique area. For one of the mid-level properties, this was a very good facility. The rooms were clean and the size was fine for the three of us, but it was a bit dark. We had a small refrigerator, but were told this was dumb luck, as a lot of rooms across all the properties right now don't have fridges. We were a 7-10 minute walk from the pool and restaurant area, but it was fine. Both amenities, the pool and the restaurant/gift shop area were very nice. The shuttle bus stops were convenient, even if the buses themselves were not always convenient. The resort is a bit removed from the main parks, so you need to plan travel time into your schedule and the buses do not seem to have any schedule at all to them, so wait times were sometimes very long. All in all, a good resort and if I decided to stay at a mid-level resort again, would be fine staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 77Tim77
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Disney Annual Passholder from Florida. End up at Disney all the time.

Just stayed two nights here with my girlfriend and her parents. We had two separate reservations. My girlfriend and I stayed in Aruba. Her parents stayed in Trinidad South. They booked too late and could only get a pirate room so if that's what you booked, there's a good chance you'll be at Trinidad South.
Our room was very good. I requested to be in Aruba with a water view and got both. The room was on the corner which I liked even though on our second day there, our only neighbors were screaming as loud as they could in their room. I paid a little extra for a king size bed which was very comfortable and made the room extremely spacious. The regular rooms have some Finding Nemo characters around them. The pool was about ten seconds from our room and just beyond that was a beach area with some hammocks (no swimming there though). Every village has a small beach area. Between the Aruba and Jamaica village is a walkway that takes you across to the main pool and all the food which really helps make this resort smaller in terms of walking. I'd say the villages that aren't close to the food or main pool is Trinidad South or Barbados. There's an internal resort shuttle that just circles around the hotel that you can take if you don't feel like walking or driving your own car.

Some people in my party had issues navigating the resort on the road and within the villages and I noticed other reviewers had the same issue. I was able to pick up the layout of the resort after being there a couple hours. If you think you'll have an issue study the layout before your actual vacation so you'll know where you're going.

The only real issue we had this weekend which isn't necessarily the hotel's fault is that the buses haven't been running too efficiently. We waited over 30 minutes for a bus to Epcot our second day before giving up and walking from Old Port Royale to Trinidad South to get the car. Then, later that night we waited over 30 minutes again for a bus back from Downtown Disney. I've noticed this from other hotels though on my last few visits.

If you're unfamiliar with Disney hotels, my only word of advice is be prepared to walk. Whether you're at a value resort, a deluxe resort, or the campground you can believe there's going to be some walking involved. Every Disney hotel is huge and the bus stops aren't always gonna be close to your room.

Room Tip: Make sure to do your online check in. You can request what village you want to be in, a room with a water view, on the second floor, etc. You're only allowed to make two requests but I got both of mine.
3  Thank skimsoflo1219
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This "resort" is really old. I called ahead and when speaking to a front desk person she said they are planning on redoing the resort soon. I found our room very small, old and noisy, but also clean and well lit. The problems I had were that you could hear every shower, toilet flush, drapes pull, tv in the area. There also must be security that drive a golf cart thru the night, thats loud too. The maid serive was fine, but we were often done at the end of the day. Also the maid left us weird amounts of towels, we never had the same amount on any day. Also sometimes she left 3 bars of soap and 2 bottles of conditioner or no soap and one bottle of shampoo. And a few times I had to call for coffee pods because we didn't get any. We stayed in Barbados which was fine. We found the buses pretty easy. Did not like the food court at all. The small pool near our room was ok, the large pool with slides was over crowded. The landscaping was pretty. The bus ride to the airport was great! I really appreciated checking our luggage on the last day so we were able to enjoy our last day at the parks. Also when we were there they were repaving the roads in the resort which caused a bit of delays with the buses. I wasn't sure why they chose to do this during one of their busiest vacation weeks. But it should be done by now.

Room Tip: High floors might be a little quieter.
1  Thank Charmagne88
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed here with my family o' 4 including 2 kids, ages 12 and 10. Room was very clean and nice enough, but really just a standard hotel room and tight for 4 when 2 aren't little tykes anymore.
Pool was very clean and warm enough to swim for our not-so-warm stay (in the 60s and 70s)
We stayed in Jamaica - room 2514 - a nice corner room (with 2 window instead of 1) - a short walk across the bridge to the main pool and on to the food court (we did not use) - and not far to the bus stop (also, did not use)
I've done Disney staying on property and not and finding as my kids get older, it's probably better to not stay on property - there are plenty of close hotels that will give you more room and more bang for your buck.

Room Tip: Jamaica is a good local - room 2514 is a corner room - a quick (pretty) walk to the main pool and food court and bus stop is close too.
1  Thank Mary F
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I'm a disney maniac and this was my first visit at the Caribbean beach. It's pretty around the water. We only ate breakfast there and it was good. The layout is very confusing. On our last night we were still getting lost to our room. Also we were there when the dancers were there. Those dancers will ruin anyone's vacation. We barely got any sleep. We called the front desk so many times. Those dancers are so inconsiderate. Though I must admit cheerleaders are worse. So I suppose I'm lucky they weren't cheerleaders.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple