“Wonderful design. Felt like I was really at a resort in the Caribbean”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #153 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My family stayed at the Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort AGAIN... for 9 days. This was our 3rd stay at this resort over the past 21 years. I am very impressed how for 21 years Disney keeps it New, clean and maintains that Caribbean feeling.
As you walk around the resort you her Caribbean music throughout the resort. Very nice touch.
One of our favorite food courts of all low budget resorts. Good selection and good tasting food. Very nice items at the gift shop... clothes, cups, etc... with pleasant pastel Caribbean colors and design.
You can enjoy a relaxing chair at the pool side or at the food court deck (great for adults who want enjoy an adult beverage). OR... for a quieter atmosphere, relax on many white sand beaches they have throughout the resort.
Soon as you drive into the resort you feel relaxed... as if you are at a resort in the Caribbean.
Great for children. There is an island in the middle of the lake with a big playground for the kids. My daughters now 19 and 21) love the island. They remember it from when they first came at age 2 and 4.
Beds were perfectly comfortable. The rooms are quiet considering it a Disney resort full of children.
Get a room as close to the food court as possible.
There are many Disney Resorts to choose from. I have stayed at all of them several times each (Been there 78 vacations now). Of the moderate to budget resorts, I think this is the best one.
Also close to Downtown Disney for evening fun. This is the resort closest to Downtown Disney.
I run every day for exercise. This resort has a beautiful scenic run/walk trail that circles the resort. WITH the Caribbean music playing. Makes you want to exercise every day.

Room Tip: If possible, Get a room as close to the food court as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (7,567)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

A girlfriend and I just returned from our stay at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, where we stayed for the Disney Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon.

Our flight arrived late and despite the fact that we provided a ticket to the porter to take us to our room in the resort van, we were forgotten and spent more than half an hour waiting for a van to come pick us up- in the meantime, the stand actually closed on us! That was probably the most disappointing part of our stay, but was remedied, so it was only a slight inconvenience.

The property is large and due to the oddly shaped buildings can be difficult to navigate, but the resort itself was quiet and the grounds were well maintained. We especially enjoyed the hammocks on the sand beaches and catching the sunset over the lake one of the nights.

Disney transportation is a breeze, and we had no trouble getting around to the race expo, the race or any of the parks. In fact, it was more seamless than we had anticipated.

Breakfast in the central food court can be a bit chaotic, as to be expected, and the price for said meals relative to the quality is about what you'd expect from a giant amusement park- fairly poor. My best advice: stick with the Mickey waffles. They have those down to a science!

We were hoping to receive some towel animals with our room, as we had received before however aside from a mickey on the bed when we arrived, we never received any of the others that neighboring rooms had displayed in their windows.

Overall it was peaceful, there weren't many children at this resort - which I can't tell was because it was a race / wine and dine weekend, which is more adult oriented, or if that was just the nature of the resort, but we enjoyed that....especially after returning from our day at the park. This is my second stay at this resort (the first being more than 15 years ago) and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allison S
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just spent a week in Disney staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Unfortunately for us, we were so busy at the theme parks we missed out most of the resort because we were so tired. That being said, the room was nice and the transportation was convenient. We did not wait long for buses to the theme parks and it was an easy way to travel throughout Disney. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
They did have a food court and the food was good. It was a little pricey but we expected that. The staff were friendly and helpful and the vacation was a lot of fun.

Room Tip: We were in Trinidad North. A great location close to Old Port Royale where the food court and excur...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Travel2plus1
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I will start by saying that we last stayed at CBR in July 2011 and we loved it!!!! We were so excited to be heading back there this fall for 10 nights!
Upon checking in (which was very slow despite doing online check in) I was starting to worry that this trip wouldn't live up to the last. They sent our customized magic bands to the wrong resort. I had requested Jamaica 45 and the tried to put us in Barbados 11. I asked to please be moved and they were able to accommodate it, which I'm very grateful for! I was told we would have a fridge, which when we got to the room, we saw we didn't. They did bring us one that night when we were at dinner though :) it is not easy to get back to custom house, you have to take an internal shuttle. Not usually an issue, however, they set my magic band up wrong with the credit card so I was unable to charge anything to the room. I could have gone to custom house to fix it but I refused to spend an hour on that.
Our room is in need of some love. Mould in the bathroom, window sills were filthy and the area around the AC and door was rusting, peeling and just right gross.
I don't blame mouse keeping. They can only do so much and everything that needs fixing is beyond their control. They always left little towel animals and left our kids plushes in cute positions :) which my son loved.
Old port royale was as good as we remembered which was a relief. The pool area is amazing and the food court does its job :)
The buses this time didnt seem as convenient either. They were always bursting with people and there didn't seem to be enough or they didn't come frequent enough. A huge shock from last time where we never seemed to wait more than a minute or two!
Unless CBR undergoes a major refurb soon I think next time we will be trying another resort. However, even if things had been perfect we still would be trying a new one :) so many beautiful ones!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank I-Heart-Disney14
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have stayed in about half of the Disney resorts, but generally end up in the "Moderate" resort category. We last stayed at CB a few years back and this time ran into some additional positives and negatives.

The newest addition to most Disney parks and resorts are the use of the new "MagicBand." Basically it acts as your room key card, park ticket, and credit card all in one. No more pulling your keycard out of your wallet to open your door or to pay for something. Simply put the band over the sensor, input your PIN if it is for a purchase, and off you go. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the fact that this waterproof/sweatproof wristband made our lives easier. The only downside is it makes it easier to spend money :)

My main problem with this resort is the what you get for what you pay for. First off, these rooms start at $182 although better rates can be located depending on the time of year; more than virtually any comparable hotel around. Yes, you do get access to the Disney shuttle which for many is worth the price. In addition, this resort celebrated their 25 anniversary this year and at times you can really tell it. Our room could definitely use a refurbishment to clean the grout, carpet, replace the horrible beds, and get towels manufactured in the last 10 years. This isn't supposed to be an old Red Roof Inn.

With that said, the staff were all nice and the common areas were all nicely maintained. With as many rooms as they have there I would suggest to Disney to close one building at a time and go to work.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FLTopCat
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Yes it is a big resort but they have internal transportation and it is very easy to get around. The grounds are well maintained and its a nice walk around the lake each morning to the food court and coffee. They have put a concierges in the main building so no worries that the main desk is further away.

Pool - The main pool area is great. They have a "splash" zone for the younger kids and the bigger pool allows easy access to all. There are many lifeguards and life vest for the young kids - so you always feel they are being watched. The staff hold parties and dances throughout the day for the kids to keep them active and entertained.

Room - the rooms are a little dated but lets be honest how much time do you plan to spend in the room? We were very comfortable and quite.

Food - you have plenty of options for breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks.

Buses - I don't know why people have so many issues with the bus and transportation within Disney. The buses were on time and never waited more then 15minutes at any of the stops. The only time we had to wait for a second bus was after the fireworks at Magic Kingdom - otherwise the bus always had room for everyone waiting.

Room Tip: Look at the map and you can request a room close to the main pool and food court.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TWillerton
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We just returned from Disneyworld and I have to say that the Caribbean Beach Resort was a great place to stay for the price!!!! As soon as we arrived we felt like we were in paradise. Our room was ready so there was no need to wait and fortunately our luggage arrived an hour and a half after we got there. I would suggest to pay extra for the preferred rooms, which are located close to the foodcourt, gift shop and main pool. We stayed in Martinique Building #26. Couldn't of asked for a better location!!! Our room was very clean and the maid even had the towels shaped into character's faces. The kids loved it. The food court had plenty of choices and even though we went during Jersey week there was plenty of seats available. All the castmembers were always happy and couldn't do enough to make your trip pleasurable. The Disney transportation wasn't bad at all. The most we waited for a bus was 10-15 minutes. I have to say we lucked out!!!! All in all my family had a wonderful trip and we can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family