“Great mid-range resort”

Ranked #149 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Celebration, Florida
“Great mid-range resort”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

If you are looking for a nice resort with out breaking the bank, then the Caribbean beach is for you. The location is not as good as some of the higher priced resorts, and there is only bus resort transportation. But if you are looking for a cheaper version of the Poly, this is your place.

The resort is large, but walk able.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chasadchick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,807)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We just stayed for 14 nights in the resort and it lived up to all our expectations. The weather helped of course, as it was sunny and very warm every day. The staff at the resort were extremely courteous and always willing to do whatever it took to help. My only mildly negative comment would be regarding the dining area which gets very busy at peak times and some of the staff spoke limited English.
Otherwise everything was perfect, and the haloween figure models that the housekeeping staff made from towels were amazing! every day we came home to a different idea-this put the icing on the cake!

Room Tip: Choose a 'preferred room' which will be nearer to the resort centre
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Geoff S
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This past April, my family which consisted of my mother, older cousin, her daughter of 5, and myself, went to The Caribbean Resort for the first time ever. We stayed for almost five days and managed to get a pirate room, they were all the way to the back, but unless you have a disabled family member than I must say that the walk is incredibly pleasant and very relaxing (especially in the morning).
The pirate themed rooms were utterly adorable and fitting to my young cousins imagination. If you have a little one, I can guarantee that they'll play pretend and have a little adventure on the pirate ship beds at least once!
There are pools everywhere, mini-beaches around every corner, play areas, activities and so much food.
If you love big hearty breakfasts to get you pumped for a day of magic, and zesty, spicy food for dinner, than this may be the place you wanna go! Never was there a day that I didn't crave that resorts food.
And lastly, the cast members, very nice, very clean cut people that knew EXACTLY what they were doing. Upon checking in, my younger cousin received her pink princess tiara and sparkly silver wand! She didn't show it at first, but she was thrilled! Don't worry, little princes get a crown and a pirate sword.
All in all, great place, great food, good family fun, relaxing and just a nice, colorful place for the family!

Boston, MA
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend at the Caribbean Beach from October 26th - October 31st. Perfect amount of time for us to park hop for 5 days and relax for half a day at the resort. This is a value resort so I think you get what you pay for. The resort outside is beautiful, and quite large. The rooms could use an update definitely but again, this is a value resort and your going to spend a lot of time at the parks or at the pool so I didn't find this a huge deal.

Resort-
Like I said, very beautiful and tropical. The resort grounds are quite large, there are 6 island groups of buildings to stay in. We stayed in Jamaica because of the proximity to the bridge that crosses over the lake to Old Port Royale (this is where the main pool and food is located). There is an internal bus that goes around the resort. We did not use it that much so I can't comment on the frequency. The buses to the parks were about every 20 minutes, sometimes we just caught it and sometimes we had to wait a bit, just depended on our timing. The main pool area is great for kids, waterslides and separate small children area. We just layed in one of the hammocks on a beach for a few hours one day, wonderfully quiet and perfect place for a nap.

Rooms:
Check in was fairly quick, but the nice woman helping us had a soft voice and the check in area is very large and everyone's voice just echoes. Not a big deal but just thought I would mention if you have trouble hearing :). I had called before our arrival to request a room in either Aruba or Jamaica. We got the room in Jamaica but when we arrived they had given us two double beds, not the king we had requested. We called and they said we could check the following day for a room with a king bed. We opted to just stay in the since we were there and weren't going to go through the hassel of moving the next day when we had a busy day at Hollywood Studios planned! Again, we are flexible people so not a huge deal for us. Our room was definitely humid and kind of musty smelling. We turned on the fan that helped to move the air a bit. Beds were sqeaky and uncomfortable. It's just a basic room. If you really like your comfy 5 star bed and a goodnight sleep, this is not the hotel for you.

Food -

Old Port Royale is probably going to be your breakfast go-to. Be aware of a few things. To be totally honest, it is a crazy nutzo chaos zone in the morning. There are some good options in the grab and go area, bagels, pastries, fruit .. There are only two toasters, and a zillion people. I think they could invest in a few more haha. If you are looking for peanut butter, they have it but hide it in a drawer at the register. Just ask for it. Also, alot of the staff we noticed in the morning were very unfriendly and extremely slow ringing up our purchases. We visited a few times for lunch and a few dinners and we had a very different experience. Wonderful happy people! They did exist there! I just think that starting off your day (in Disney especially) you want to see happy people in the morning and they just were not there. Everyone else around the resort was extremely friendly.

Check out was great, they printed our boarding passes and luggage tags. We brought our luggage to the Custom House and they handled it from there all the way to the airport. We didn't have to do a thing except relax for our last few hours before getting the Magic Express.

Room Tip: Google image search a map of the resort so you can see where everything is before you go.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank andrealynnm
NY
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed a week in September 2013 in Martenique. I reserved 2 rooms since there were 6 of us and they did put us next door to each other which was convienent. My biggest complaint was the distance they put us from the main pool / food court. I repeatedly told them my wife had multiple surgeries on her back and requested they put us closer. The building they gave us was extremely far which had a big impact on the enjoyment we could have had if we had been placed closer. Being September and the resort not at capacity - it seemed they could have done much better with our request. There is also a ton of time wasted being bussed around, but that is a seperate issue from the resort lodging. The grounds of the resort were kept very clean. The main pool was fantastic and can be enjoyed by all ages. Plenty of beach towels available too. Kiddie pool also for small children was great. They played a movie on a blow up projection screen which was great but it didn't work each night and got moved indoors to an HDTV which we were unaware of. The small bar outside was nice but could have used a just a few more seats and a no smoking policy. Good selection of beer on tap and the usual tropical drinks! Food court had a selection of different food types. Some better than others. I enjoyed the sandwich place, the Italian food place was not too good. Small arcade for rainy days and a large gift shop with many items. Housekeeping was terrible and inconsistant even with tipping each day.

Room Tip: There are no balconey's or patios so I don't think paying for a premium room would be worth...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Had some highs and lows here. Initially disappointed with the front desk service with concierge being extremely unhelpful in helping us as travelers from different country to help find car rental (we had to tell THEM there was car rental on site at Disney!!). Also no fridge as requested for sons medication (preordered as was aware of Disney Resort fridge issues). However the rest of the resort more than made up for it - beautiful gardens, beach areas, pools and more helpful concierge at Port Royale than at Custom House. Easy transport access to the Disney Parks. Food was typical Disney - fried, fried and more fried - but Shutters was better.

• Stayed October 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family and I stayed here October 23rd to the 30th. I stepped on a huge roach first thing in the morning with my bare foot!! Then while pulling out cloths a roach was in the clothing. I called the front desk, they said they have been coming in because of the rain, and it was common! what rain?? it hadn't rained for quite some time there and didn't while i was there. They said the past man would come take care of it. We left for the day, so not sure if he came. We didn't see anymore in our room but we did see some dead ones outside on the walk way. YUK! Also i went to do laundry and the soap machine ate $3.00 and wouldn't dispense any soap, the phone to call for help in the laundry room was broken, I walked all the way to my room, called and the front desk lady said she would send someone ASAP to fix it. 30 minutes went by while i was waiting, finally frustrated, i walked back to my room and called again. the next front desk lady (rude one) said no one is coming because all the maintenance people were gone or for the day. What!! i waited for nothing! she said no apology just that no one is coming. I called housekeeping, they were nice enough to bring me laundry soap to my room. also i must say the rooms are SMALL, AND DO SMELL MUSTY!! I am not picky and usually stay at $100 places so don't think I'm just complaining and hard to please, really we are simple people but this place was a rip off. Also unless you stay at Old Port Royal at the resort expect to walk 15 minutes to get to any food, pool towels, or refills on your mugs! The big pool is the one in the pictures and you get stuck with small pool, no towels, no bar access, no drink access to fill you mugs, unless you walk 15 minutes.. the resort is spread out and buses only come once every 20 minutes and are usually packed, standing room only. Stay at an outside resort if you can, the perks do not outweigh the cons! SMALL ROOMS, SMELL MUSTY, ROACHES, AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND I NEVER GOT MY $3.00 REFUNDED FOR THE LAUNDRY SOAP!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mmandymoe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!