“Great accomodations, excellent service”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #155 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel or any Disney location for that matter. I was thoroughly impressed with the level of service I experienced. The room was ok, not too big and a little dated but very very clean. It fit all we needed out of a room, being that you are at Disney, the point is not to spend too much time in there anyway. I can't compare with a luxury resort, but for the price we paid, it was great value. The resort itself has a great pool and play area for kids and the food court offers plenty of choices that are all very good. There is also a sit down restaurant but I was not able to visit so I cannot review on it. I strongly think that service is the most important thing in a hotel or resort and I must admit that service here was excellent and nothing less. From the moment we checked in to the moment we left, each of our questions was addressed promptly and efficicently. The cleaning team even went out of their way to decorate the room and the kids bed with the souvenirs the kids had bought during the week. I hear a lot of people say that Disney employees are giving the service level they are because it is a requirement but spending a lot of time in hotels, I can say that these were genuine smiles and they were all very happy to help. We visited some other resorts for the purpose of eating there and Caribbean beach seemed like the right choice for our family of four.

Room Tip: Each group of two buildings have their own small pool but if you want to be close to the big pool wi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (7,571)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at CBR the week after Labor Day. The resort was pretty empty which baffles me why we were put into Martinique, and furthest building within that villa, from Port Royale and the bus stops. We had to walk through two entirely empty parking lots to even get from our building to the bus stop!

That said, it was nice and quiet. The resort was clean. We had an issue with housekeeping just coming in and taking the tip money and then not cleaning the room. I think after I called and did not leave a tip the one day, she figured it out. The response from the HK Staff was "they'd send someone right away", 3 hours later she was just finishing when we returned to our room....whatever.

This is the second time we've stayed here. We prefer Pop Century. For the amount of time we spend in our room, it just doesn't make sense to stay at anything fancier than a value resort. Again, the trek from the room to the food court itself was reason not to stay here, when you're melting because it is so hot/humid, you have blisters on your feet and you're tired...and the food is the same quality as any other counter service within WDW.

2  Thank jeanbag8
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Great resort. Main pool is awesome and smaller pools are perfect for quiet relaxing dips. Kids and parents will have a blast. Food court is ok, many choices, but tons of other great restaurants a short bus trips away.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very good for the facility of transportation around Disneyworld,,,but very big.
Very good breakfast, special if you have meals included.The lobby is very crowded, and the pools are nice and hot.
Make sure you are not staying 10 miles from the main building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the main buiding
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marcelinho64
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at CBR this past week (9/25-9/29). It is a moderate priced resort. We opted for that resort over the value resorts simply because of the upgrade in dining plan. The outside of the resort is lovely. There was a nice patio with chairs outside our room in a courtyard. The rooms are dated and old, in need of a redo. However, they were clean and most people don't go to Disney to hang out in the room. The air conditioner worked well, and I wasn't afraid to unpack my stuff in the room. The room's bathroom is separated shower from sinks and the sink area has a curtain. We have 4 children so we had two adjoining rooms. It was nice to have 4 people at a time able to get ready. There is a hair dryer, an ironing board and iron, a small safe, and we had a refrigerator. There is a clothes line you can pull across the bathtub so take some clothes pins it might come in handy for your bathing suits. There was also a shelf with pegs on it that was a nice place to hang things like sweatshirts and pj's. The rooms are smallish, but we didn't feel too cramped as there was plenty of storage. There is a dual chamber coffeemaker that makes 2 cups at a time. Disney "Mouskeeping" replaces the coffee pods daily so you don't need to bring your own. I kept homemade muffins, apples and water in the room in order to make the most of the dining plan. We ate our breakfast in the room and carried a bottle of water into the park each day.

We did have an issue with our "key to the world" cards not working as tickets or the dining plan the first day, and our second room would not let us in late that first night. Disney made it right though by giving us an extra day in the park with free dining for that day and a room credit. They were very good to work with even though there was a problem and I appreciated that. The only thing that I was truly disappointed in was the fact that we had made arrangements/reservations with my mom and brother. The rooms were supposed to be close together. We were in the same "area" called Jamaica, however, our rooms were not in the same courtyard. It would have been perfect if we had been closer, the room was too far away to enjoy each others company for an hour or so before retiring after a busy park day. Being that this was a family reunion, it was disappointing that Disney did not follow through on the reservations as they were set up.

The shuttle service is nice in that you don't have to drive. However, if you want to go to Downtown Disney, it is a long haul (plan on an hour with all of the stops), so unless you are planning on drinking some adult beverages, or don't have a car, drive yourself. They are right now piloting a bus that goes to Downtown from Animal Kingdom.

Room Tip: I personally liked Jamaica. I thought it was a good location. A nice walk over a bridge to Old Port...
4  Thank psalm1375
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We just returned from our Disney vacation. Once again we stayed here for the value of the resort. It's a little more than the lowest Disney class but it's worth getting out of the mile long lines of screaming kids at pop century and the others at the park closing time. Room was clean. I did find a spider in my sheets one night which I'm assuming was because it's a garden style resort...so the linen carts are outside when the maids are cleaning. Not a huge deal. Otherwise our maid Joyce was wonderful... she would rearrange our bathroom things to make everything nice and tidy and leave different towel animals and clean towels (even when we hung ours up to reuse). We stayed in Jamaica which was a short walk from the food area over the bridge. I would recommend Martinique it's right next to the food building but Jamaica wasn't bad. Jamaica is the first stop off the bus for Epcot and Hollywood and the resort is very close to those parks. You also only have to sit through 2-3 village stops when getting picked up to go to the parks. One thing we were upset about was that it was not made clear that we were to get free resort refillable mugs with the dining plan. It wasn't until two days before leaving that a friendly cashier made us aware. Some of my party had bought coffee daily and were upset about that, but the front desk gladly credited us back and apologized. Grounds are beautiful and overall I would recommend the resort.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Heather37890
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We just returned from a week in Disney, we stayed at the Caribbean beach resort. We did splurge for a pirate room and the decor was wonderful! The resort is big....like BIG. The main pool has two watersides, the kids had a blast! I loved the bus that was just for internal resort transportation, as u need it to get to other places in the resort, not walkable with two small children in 90 degree heat. For the most part the staff was very friendly and helpful. This was my husband and kids first trip there and my last trip was fifteen years ago, so I'm a little rusty, but everyone was just so nice. We loved the resort refillable mugs we received, you can refill them as often as you like and there are plenty of options soda, hot tea, gold peak tea, hot cocoa, coffee, etc. I also appreciated the mug wash station right there so if you got something and changed your mind you could rinse out the mug right there.

Now, for the negatives....

1. We had no refrigerator. I received a letter a couple months in advance so I knew we wouldn't have one and planned accordingly. I spoke to two other people staying at the resort and I asked them if they had one, they said they did not and the resort credited them $15 per night for the inconvenience. We did not receive this credit, which left me kind of sour...word spreads, why was their inconvenience more valuable than mine? If something is offered to one guest, it should be offered to all guests who faced the same challenge.

2. From the moment we checked in, there was some...how should I put this...dusting neglect from housekeeping. I put some clothes on the wooden shelf in the sink area, and when I took the clothes off I brought a solid layer of dust along with them. After running my finger along the shelf, there was indeed a layer of dust. I could draw something in it with my finger. Same for the bed frame. It is far from a big deal, but when you are staying at Disney, you just expect impeccable cleanliness since these are family resorts. That shelf had not been dusted in weeks.

3. I concluded that someone who was not us kept turning off the air conditioning in the room. After a full long day in the heat and humidity...I should be able to decide what temperature room I return to when I am paying to stay in the room.

4  Thank cheermom1986