“Disappointed”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #149 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 16, 2004

I just returned from staying at the CBR for 5 days and was somewhat disappointed. I had read the reviews for CBR and knew that the bus wait for most was a problem and a couple people had even complained about the time it took to check in to the hotel. It took me 45 minutes to check into our room!! I was traveling with a 3 1/2 year old who had been up since 5:45 am and was excited about hitting the parks and to wait 45 minutes was pure torture! The rooms seemed like a cheap motel, however the maid service was fine. The wait for the bus to get you to the theme parks was annoyingly long especially with a young child. I guess this is what to expect when you're not paying an arm and a leg but just a leg! Next time I'll save my money and stay at a hotel that has a monorail (Grand Floridian , Polynesian or Contemporary). i would STRONGLY recommend staying at one of these hotels if you have small children. It's much easier/quicker to return to your room for a nap or a bite to eat. I will not be staying at CBR again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,762)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 12, 2004

We were attending a Cheerleading competition & stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. What a mistake!!! The windows had visible "MOLD", rooms smelled terribly musty & floors blackened our socks! Nothing can be complimented about this property. the pools, the property layout, the staff, the food, transportation within the property...etc....everything about it was a nightmare!! We had previously stayed at Wilderness Lodge & there is absolutely no comparison between the 2-properties. I didn't think there would be such a difference between a moderate & deluxe resort since they're both Disney properties. Bottom line: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AT CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Summit Point WVa
Reviewed April 11, 2004

Just got back from Caribbean Beach Resort. My husband and two children ages 12 and 7, and I stayed the week of April 3-10 , had a GREAT time, the resort was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Rooms were great ... Main pool was AWESOME, the kids LOVED it!!!!! We stayed in Trindad North very close to Old Port Royale. I would definatly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank WVLady
Reviewed April 10, 2004

we have just returned from an excellent stay here!check in was immediate.no line but it did take just a few minutes to go through all the details,but it was relevant, helpful info.The room was very clean,grounds so pretty and very well kept.So peaceful except for the few minutes in the evening when the epcot fireworks went off,as noted by a previous reviewer it is good fun to relax on one of the beaches to watch them. We found all the staff very helpful and friendly,maid service was excellent.The main pool was always busy but the smaller ones were great to relax around,we had a choice of two within 2 minutes walk.Did not use the buses very much, we prefered more freedom of choice when it came to where to eat breakfast/lunch so used hire car more than we thought.We would.thoroughly recommend that everyone gets one of the resort beakers that you get free refills in for your entire stay,cold and hot beverages(about 12$)Definitely a place we want to return to!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 9, 2004

Just returned from Florida this afternoon and wanted to write the reviews where I wouldn't forget anything. Stayed with my twins and my daughter at Carribean Beach last week and what a beautiful resort. The rooms were spacious and loved the amenities. I personally would not stay there again, but not because of anything specific, just not my type of resort, too quiet for me, lol. My children loved it and yes it is away from the food court but that is fine. I had two problems with the resort, 1) the food court is not as advanced as the others and not much of a variety (imo), secondly, I transferred from this resort to another one and one of the baggage handlers broke my luggage and told the supervisor but it was not reported to me, I found out when I got back to the room later that night after going to the parks. I just would have appreciated a phone call. Other then those things I would recommend to people.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 7, 2004

Decided to stay because of the convienence and price of the resort. I was extremely pleased with the hotel and the location of my room.
Everything was clean neat inside room and the grounds were fantastic.

Husband and I were so happy with the experience, we decided to buy into the new Saratoga Springs vacation club resort.

Even though we loved the Caribbean Beach Resort, we would stay at the Wilderness Lodge next time. Being from Arizona, the Wilderness Lodge reminds us of the mountains what with all the pine trees.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Frankfort, Maine
Reviewed April 6, 2004

Though I am late with this review, I still wanted to share what a wonderful stay my husband and I had at the Caribbean Beach Resort at Disney. We stayed 7 nights back in July 2001 and absolutely LOVED it.
The entire feel of the resort is very authentic, makes you feel like you're in the Caribbean. Our room was somewhat small but very nicely decorated. We had the most comfortable bed I'd ever had in any hotel.
The room included nice duel sinks, a beautiful cabinet, padded chest, and table and chairs. The bathroom was also a bit small but fine for the two of us. The resort was also very quiet at night, perfect for sleeping. The food court was just a short walk away, and I loved the fact that you could hear faint island music during your walk. We had breakfast at Old Port Royale every morning. We chose to eat our breakfast poolside where we would be visited by native ducks and birds, quite interesting! The food court was very clean with eating space both inside and outside. There was one full service restaurant there as well, although I can't recall the name of it. We ate there our first night in Orlando and liked it. The pool is spacious and not typically too crowded, and the poolside tiki bar is great. My husband also rented a speedboat that is available on the lake around the resort and had a great time. I was just content to lounge on the beach there and tan!
The staff was very helpful but checkin did take quite awhile but our room was ready when we arrived. Maid service was outstanding. We even had our facecloths twisted into the shapes of animals, completely Disney for you! The transportation system was very convenient. Our room was just a short walk to the bus stop and even then we never waited any longer than 15 minutes for our ride. In face, the Caribbean Beach Resort was always one of the first stops for drop off if I remember correctly. All in all, a wonderful stay for a reasonable price. Next time we go back to Disney, we will definitely stay here again. One word of caution: stay away from the pizza at the food court--it made us both sick. Enjoy!

8 Thank LLibby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!