“Loved Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #151 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort”
Reviewed March 30, 2004

Just got back from our wonderful vacation in Orlando. We were very happy with Caribbean Beach. We stayed in Aruba bldg 51. It took less than 5 minutes to walk to Old Port Royale. The food was a little high but to be expected in Disney. It was very good. The children aged 5 and 9 loved the main pool, especially the slide. Our room was very clean and the grounds were beautiful. We rented a car at the airport and never used the Disney transportation. We found a grocery store outside of the resort area and bought lunch meats, snacks and beverages and kept them in the room. It saved us alot of money! I would recommend this wonderful resort to anyone. I can't wait to stay there again.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We checked in around 12pm and there was a line of people waiting. It took us about 45 minutes to register and get to our room. Our best days were spent at MGM, Seaworld and Blizzard Beach. I was a little nervous since I read some negative reviews but I thing those people were either very critical or very picky.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,796)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 25, 2004

My fiance and I stayed at Carribean Beach in August! It wa excellent!
The whole trip was absolutley wonderful and magical! It was so much fun that we have decided to take a Disney Land and Sea Cruise and now can't decide if we should go back to CBR because it was so excellent or try somewhere else and hope it will be as great...??? The rooms are small,but you will not be in your room that often and they are very nicely decorated. We had to walk across a bridge and all to get to the food court area, but it was a fun, scenic walk. We have 0 complaints with the entire trip, except never wanting to LEAVE!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
louisville, ky
Reviewed March 15, 2004

My family stayed at the CB from March 3-11 2004 and it was the best vacation we have ever had. Our room was available when we arrived at 8am on Wed and everyone who helped us check-in was quick and friendly. We stayed in Trinidad North and the walk to old port royale was about 10 minutes but a very scenic and well maintained path is provided. The transportation to the parks was so much more than we expected, the longest we ever waited for a bus was 25 minutes but that was to downtown disney after dinner so it is to be expected. Most of the time we did not even wait 10 minutes for a bus to or from our destination. We visited every park and had a blast, the last few days were much busier as the spring break crowds were arriving but still lines were manageable and everything went smoothly. Don't forget to schedule a day at Typhoon Lagoon, it was a great place for the whole family and the wave pool is like no other we have ever seen. I would highly recommend the disney properties especially the Caribbean Beach!! We would gladly stay there again.

6 Thank kymiss
Reviewed March 14, 2004

What can i say, my review is a little late, but i guess i was busy.
Anyway, my wife and i went to CBR on our honeymoon in June '03 and it was excellent, aside from the pouring rain and the clouds, but it just goes to show you no matter how bad the weather is, in disney you can always have a great time. We stayed in Aruba and let me tell you, the walk is not bad at all, and this is coming from 2 who had to do it in pouring rain, it just makes a better experience and a better story to tell when you get back...how can you not have a good time! The food was fantastic, nice gift shop, and busses, right on schedule! We had no complaints other than the fact that after our 5 nights, we had to go back home. BUT, i can gladly say that we already have our next vacation booked to come on back to CBR for the anniversary and couldnt be happier!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed March 14, 2004

I have been to Walt Disney World 7 times, and Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort was the best hotel experience I have ever had in Orlando. There was only one negative thing about my experience in March of 2003 - check in took practically 45 minutes, including a long wait on line. I have found this to be a problem at all of the "mid-range priced" Disney Resorts. There simply aren't enough cast members working at the desks for such a high volume of guests. My tip is to check in your luggage with the bellman, head straight for the parks, and return to the resort to officially check in at night when it is less busy. This one draw-back was so minor in the face of everything that the resort offered for such a reasonable price ($119/night). The Caribbean Beach is beautifully spread out around a lake amidst lush Floridian forests, white sand beaches, and nature paths to explore. There are little "communities" within the resort named after Caribbean destinations, each with their own beach and pool. The kids can have a blast romping in the spanish fort themed main pool. This theme is continued around the lake in hidden nooks where you can discover wooden bridges, old cannons, secret pathways. One of the most enjoyable things to do here in the morning is to walk around the entire lake - it is such a peaceful change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the parks. I had a blast renting a mini speed boat on the lake to explore the resort from the water. The rooms were festively decorated with a tropical theme. I loved the sweet little details that make you feel at home such as a wooden coat rack and upolstered chest to stash your stuff in. The bathroom was small, but had a large vanity area with two sinks just outside. I had a standard room with two beds and a little wooden table with chairs - just enough room for a group of 4, but spacious for a couple. Who really spends much time in the hotel room at Disney World anyway? There was a very convenient system of transportation from the resort to the Disney parks, with bus stops at each community of the Carribean Beach. It was quite nice to have just a short walk from the bus stop to my room after a long day. (The "budget" Disney resorts have only one bus stop each with a potential 10 minute walk between the stop and your room.) Lastly, the food at the resort is average - I didn't notice if there was a full service restaurant, but I did visit the food court for breakfast. There was ample, clean seating both indoors and outdoors. The poolside bar added to the tropical feel. I didn't really mind the lack of dining options at the resort, because part of the fun of Disney World is sampling the themed restaurants around the theme parks and high class hotels. I recommend this resort to families with kids of any age and to couples on a romantic get-away.

7 Thank CookieGalore
Reviewed March 10, 2004

I think the Carribean Beach Resort is great. It has great rooms a great pool with a slide. You don't have to walk far but maybe but its worth it. It has a great food court. It is just great!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 8, 2004

If you like toe nails embeded in the carpet, dirty bathrooms, long walks to eat, screaming kids and a long wait for the bus, this is the place for you. This was the worst place I have ever paid to stay.

• Stayed January 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!