“Fun (and heat) in Florida”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #152 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been to Disney world many times- this trip I took my 6 year old niece and wanted it to be magical for her so I decided to stay at a Disney property. There are many choices and price levels- we finally decided on Caribbean Beach resort. I did the online check in a week before and when we arrived everything was ready- the young lady at check in was super nice and made a fuss over my niece - she got the first visit button and a wand. I had requested a room in Martinique and we got it. The only thing we didn't get was a room facing the water but when we made three trips from the car with luggage it was fine that our room faced the courtyard lol
We unpacked and had lunch at the main dining Area- we opted for the dining plan with the quick service meals- it is worth it if you plan to eat at the parks and resort. They do have a variety of food but it can get old quick- breakfast did have a lot of options though and we enjoyed eating outside each morning- there are tables with umbrellas available as well as indoors where it's air conditioned.
The rooms are just that- a room. Nothing special but they do have two sinks which comes in handy with 3 people getting ready. The beds are double not queen size- no problem for kids, but can be a pain if you are taller than 5'4 lol there's a table and 2 chairs in the room- that's fine for 2 people, not 3 or 4. I will say they do provide a lot of storage in the room which was nice. Our fridge worked fine the whole week and our air was almost too cold- the bathroom is kinda small and cramped, but overall it worked out ok and my niece loved it.
The pool was very nice and we had fun there every morning before going to the parks- it was so hot and humid at the parks we only stayed there about half the day. My niece loved riding the bus but for me, it was not that magical- you walk to one of the stops and wait for the bus going to where you need to go- it was always the last one lol then you make stops at all the other bus stops on property- the Martinique section is first when returning so that was a plus. The parks were so crowded all week, but we never had trouble getting on a bus- only time it was bad was when leaving a park at night. The drivers were friendly for the most part- one was super nice and made my niece pirate of the bus for the day and announced her name on the speaker- she loved that lol
The grounds were nice and they are in the process of making some updates- but if you want luxury...this is not it. If you want to stay on disney property but can't afford the yacht club or beach club etc then this is a good choice. We had a great time and my niece will never forget it- I won't go to the parks in the heat of summer again- usually we go in September and that is much better for me. Plus the lines were just ridiculous this time of year.
If you are a smoker- they do have smoking areas at the parks and resorts- there was one very close to our room so it worked out for me- but the parks are another story- there's one per section of the park and the maps have the places marked but it's still hard to find some of them.
If I am bringing kids- I would stay here again. My niece loved it- she loved the pool, the movies they show every night and seeing the fireworks from our resort. We got the Mickey Mouse towel and a couple little animals from our mouse keeper and she did a great job every day.

1  Thank Tess38
There are newer reviews for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We started with easy online reservations. A week or so prior to our arrival, I did early online check in. Next after a 12 hr drive we arrive. We skipped typical check in and went straight for pre check in online area. One signature and our room keys that double as our park tickets ate instantly in my hands. My children received buttons stating our trip was for a celebration for my child's birthday. A short stroll to our room which is walking distance to the amazing interactive main pool and the food court. Outside our room is a bus to take us anywhere in Disney we want. The room was perfectly cool for our staff. Smelled fresh and clean. We ate dinner at Shutters Restaurant located on our Hotel. Delicious in deed. Tropical drinks and short ribs. The children had chicken nugget kids meal. The next morning we had our choice of breakfast in the food court. Eggs, bacon, sausage links, waffles, fruit pastry cereal. You name it, they have it. Next we rented a 4 person bike and peddled all around the hotel. After that we rented boats and cruised the lakes. Grabbed the sun screen and hit the super cool pirate area pool with slides and water pouring plus zero depth toddler area. Later we get on the bus to The magic Kingdom for a fabulous afternoon. We then cought the bus back and changed for dinner. We caught a bus to downtown Disney. The point is, you don't need a car if you have the Bus. The resort also has a huge Disney store inside. This place is perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012
9  Thank flipflopsbeach
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort is a moderate resort that has loud colors that really catch your eye as well as children. The theme of the resort is quite magnificent, which is of course placing guests in the Caribbean . The layout on the other hand is OK. Every Resort has its pros and cons, for this one it is lack if queen size beds, and the inconvenience of guests that are in some buildings having to walk farther than others and the lack of an elevator for those who need it. But Disney does not disappoint, they have created services to counter some of these problems but not quite all of them. There is a resort shuttle that provides transportation throughout the resort grounds going from area to area. Lets first start with the rooms. The rooms are indeed very nice especially adding the finding Nemo characters to grasp the attention of families with children, they are very well maintained and kept cleaned, but the fact that this is a moderate resort with I think double size beds, is somewhat downgrading. Considering the fact that you have to pay the full price for a moderate resort it should come with everything other moderate resorts have, but I did like the fact of how much space there was available due to having the double size beds. With a little extra space, its perfect for the families with a whole lot of stuff. The beds in my room were more comfortable than I thought. Next is the swimming pool, The main swimming pool is really beautiful with a pirate/port royal theme to it. I really loved the main pool, but the downside is for those who have to walk to get to it. Don't forget to take the service shuttle. Also for each area there is a smaller pool for the convince for those who just want to be away from all the other people who go to the main pool. I also like the fact that each area also have their own little small beach with hammocks and volley ball. Another good thing about this resort that I really loved was how peaceful and quiet it was, for the ones that just want to relax and want quiet this is the resort for you. Only a couple times in the morning I would hear the family next door to me getting ready for a day at the parks but that was about it. The food court is amazing, serving about almost the same thing as other moderate resorts, the presentation and theme of the food court really makes you feel your in the Caribbean.

Room Tip: Try to pick the areas that is closest to the main pool and food court, this will save time of gettin...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went to Disney May 1-7, 2013. At first sight there is nothing impressive about the hotel room. I guess I was expecting luxury for the price I paid. Staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort is so much more than just the room. The room itself is a standard size, two full beds, a mini fridge, flat screen tv with cable. The cleaning staff did an excellent job and even changed our sheets twice upon our request. Of course we left a small daily tip about $4 a day which was totally worth it for clean rooms, new toiletries and fresh towels.
The hotel grounds are gorgeous!! You completely feel as if you are in your own tropical oasis. The main pool is so much fun for the kids (and adults) towels are provided by the main pool as well. The staff has games and activities going all day poolside for kids as well Smore's on the beach at 7:00 pm and an 8:00 movie by the pool daily. The beaches are great for sunning but there is no swimming in the lake. Boat rentals on the lake is a great way to kill a few hours when not at the parks. There are also so many tropical birds throughout the grounds they are beautiful and they wont bother you. There was a little family of ducklings that sat under our table while we ate our lunch outside. The kids really enjoyed that. The food court Old Port Royale has plenty of choices. There is a shoppe at Old Port Royale which included clothes and toys but also has all the essentials and a few grocery items as well. THe only problem we had was that our daughter only drinks almond milk and it's nowhere to be found in Disney. My husband took a taxi to the grocery store to get the almond milk . The taxi cost $12 round trip from Down Town Disney and he just ran in and out of the store. We loved our Disney World Vacation!!

Room Tip: Pay extra and get a water view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I would actually give the resort a 2 1/2 instead of 3 star rating. The rooms are older and dated, and not cleaned very well. The beds are comfortable but tiny (fulls). We are not large people and yet found it difficult to fit on the beds... I am 115 lbs, my kids are both under 75 lbs, and my husband is not very heavy either. The food at the resort was expensive and mostly heavy fast food options. The only thing I could stomach as a entree was the Caribbean Salad with shrimp. The main pool was very nice but there were very few umbrellas to shield you from the sun. The buses which are suppose to take you to the resorts do not come as often as they should. The perk of having the Magical Express pick you up from the airport is great but still the resort is not worth $250/night. The staff is friendly and helpful.

1  Thank travel72
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is my 1st Time here I enjoy it so much the bed was comfy and need stronger wifi signals so people can use there phone iPad etc location was bus was on time Food in the food court was great! Lot of choices

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have stayed in Disney World at the All Stars Movies, All Stars Music, Pop Century and now the Caribbean Beach Resort. Traveling with teens 12 and 14 for six days. At the Beach Resort they provided four pillows for each bed which we all really liked. The other resorts only provide two pillows per bed. The pools at the beach resort were never as crowed as the other resorts. The landscaping was beautiful. The main pool had ongoing activities led by Disney staff such as dance parties, water balloon toss, hula hoops. The activities were fun and kept the kids busy. We went to the smaller pool near our building when we wanted a quieter place to swim. We stayed at Trinidad North which was a premium room near the food and main pool. The room had a small refrigerator included at no cost. They had self service soft serve ice cream with chocolate or caramel syrup. We wish they had milk shakes and more toppings for sundaes like the Music did. We know that is a silly complaint, but we love our ice cream after a hot day in the park! It was fun to stay in the moderate priced Beach Resort. Next trip we may try the Art of Animation or return to our all time favorite resort - All Star Music.

Room Tip: Book a premium room if you want to be closer to the main pool and food.
2  Thank FunTimesIllinois
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!