I have been to Disney world many times- this trip I took my 6 year old niece and wanted it to be magical for her so I decided to stay at a Disney property. There are many choices and price levels- we finally decided on Caribbean Beach resort. I did the online check in a week before and when we arrived everything was ready- the young lady at check in was super nice and made a fuss over my niece - she got the first visit button and a wand. I had requested a room in Martinique and we got it. The only thing we didn't get was a room facing the water but when we made three trips from the car with luggage it was fine that our room faced the courtyard lol
We unpacked and had lunch at the main dining Area- we opted for the dining plan with the quick service meals- it is worth it if you plan to eat at the parks and resort. They do have a variety of food but it can get old quick- breakfast did have a lot of options though and we enjoyed eating outside each morning- there are tables with umbrellas available as well as indoors where it's air conditioned.
The rooms are just that- a room. Nothing special but they do have two sinks which comes in handy with 3 people getting ready. The beds are double not queen size- no problem for kids, but can be a pain if you are taller than 5'4 lol there's a table and 2 chairs in the room- that's fine for 2 people, not 3 or 4. I will say they do provide a lot of storage in the room which was nice. Our fridge worked fine the whole week and our air was almost too cold- the bathroom is kinda small and cramped, but overall it worked out ok and my niece loved it.
The pool was very nice and we had fun there every morning before going to the parks- it was so hot and humid at the parks we only stayed there about half the day. My niece loved riding the bus but for me, it was not that magical- you walk to one of the stops and wait for the bus going to where you need to go- it was always the last one lol then you make stops at all the other bus stops on property- the Martinique section is first when returning so that was a plus. The parks were so crowded all week, but we never had trouble getting on a bus- only time it was bad was when leaving a park at night. The drivers were friendly for the most part- one was super nice and made my niece pirate of the bus for the day and announced her name on the speaker- she loved that lol
The grounds were nice and they are in the process of making some updates- but if you want luxury...this is not it. If you want to stay on disney property but can't afford the yacht club or beach club etc then this is a good choice. We had a great time and my niece will never forget it- I won't go to the parks in the heat of summer again- usually we go in September and that is much better for me. Plus the lines were just ridiculous this time of year.
If you are a smoker- they do have smoking areas at the parks and resorts- there was one very close to our room so it worked out for me- but the parks are another story- there's one per section of the park and the maps have the places marked but it's still hard to find some of them.
If I am bringing kids- I would stay here again. My niece loved it- she loved the pool, the movies they show every night and seeing the fireworks from our resort. We got the Mickey Mouse towel and a couple little animals from our mouse keeper and she did a great job every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando