“Return again and again”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #155 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here numerous times and every visit is excellent. It is a moderate resort so don't expect luxury rooms but they are always clean, have everything you need and the staff are incredibly helpful. We have stayed in Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique and Trinidad South. The village pools are great for couples as most families use the main central pool. The food court is basic butt he food is reasonably priced, always good quality and plentiful. Be careful to avoid Martinique and Barbados if you want a quieter break. Our recommendation would be for Aruba or Trinidad. Beautiful walk along the lakeside to breakfast every day. It has to be one of the most picturesque resorts ever - a fabulous place to stay in an oasis of calm right in the midst of Disney itself.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen L
There are newer reviews for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our first year we stayed at Pop Century and it was more like a cattle call with the amount of people there. The last two years have been spent in Aruba and Martinique. I like Martinique because it is close to Old Port Royal. Be prepared to walk if you are located at the other islands, but people need to walk anyway. Our room was fine, two double beds, small bathroom and double vanity. We figured the amount of time we were actually in the room, the size would be fine with us. We did not have mold or a musty smell like some others have mentioned. Everyday our room was cleaned and new towels were distributed. We had towels available at the pool always.

I noticed some complained about dietary restrictions and being denied access to a chef. I saw several of chefs come out and give their undivided attention to the guests with food allergies and etc.

We were there over Easter and the resort had a great Easter Bunny themed egg hunt. It was nice our daughter could experience a Easter holiday away from home and she got tons of premium candy.

Go to Allstar or Pop Century and see how well you will like Caribbean Beach then.

Room Tip: Go Martinique. Closest to the main pool and dining hall.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Julie F
Reviewed April 5, 2013

As always Disney comes thru with a bang! The hotel has a very tropical theme, Buildings sectioned off and named for Carribean Islands. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Pools always clean, and fun activities abound, from marshmellow campfires at sunset , boats surreys and bikes for rent, the entertainment is endless, whether off to one of theme Parks, or right at your hotel, a family trip to Disney world can't be beat.

Room Tip: Buildings closer to pools or Food court is best bet for families with young families, as the beach r...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberly D
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Caribbean Beach Resort is an okay place to stay. We did not spend a lot of time in our room on our stay at Disney World, so we didn't have time to notice too many downfalls. Here is what we liked and disliked

Pros:
It was a Disney Resort, so we had access to the bus system, Extra Magic Hours, and FastPass system.
-It was a pretty good value overall (especially since we went in the off season and got a 30% off rate deal AND had a free dining PIN)
-It had a dressing area with a blackout curtain so that one person could get ready without waking the other
-The wifi worked
-The pool looked fun, although we didn't use it
-We didn't hear noise at all through the walls
-The bathroom was basically clean. It wasn't immaculate or anything, but at least there wasn't anything super gross on the floors or in the shower, which often isn't the case in hotels of this class. I get easily grossed out about hotel bathrooms, so for me to think it's even bordering on clean is kind of a big deal. I noticed some dust on the air vent, but I got over it.
-The water pressure was better than I expected, which is a big deal for long haired people.
-The TVs had a channel devoted to old Disney Cartoons, which is awesome! I wish I could have stayed awake for more than 10 seconds to enjoy them.

Cons
-The resort is very spread out, so walking it is pretty much not an option
-Our room wasn't convenient to the pool/drink refill station, so we didn't utilize it much. We could have taken the internal resort bus, but we were typically too wiped out to bother. (I suppose we could have gotten in our car and driven, but that would have taken us out of the wonderful Disney bubble that the transportation system creates.)
-Since the resort is huge, the busses have to make multiple stops, which can add to travel time. We didn't mind it because we generally gave ourselves an hour to get everywhere knowing that this would be the case, but a family traveling with small children may not like the extra time spent waiting at bus stops and riding busses.
-The bedding was a bit worn, but I mean that is to be expected in a moderate hotel. I just have an irrational disdain for comforters that pill on the backside.
-The rooms showed wear. I didn't like the old green carpet (but I secretly think all hotels should have bamboo flooring, and I have yet another irrational disdain, this time for green hotel carpet) Overall, I think the room seemed tired, but then again, I was also tired, typically too tired to care. I think little kids would enjoy the Finding Nemo decor and wouldn't notice much about the room beyond that.
-The water in the rooms smelled and tasted like Florida water (as should be expected), so be sure to bring your own water to make coffee, etc.

Overall, I think the hotel is fine, especially if you are simply looking for a place to sleep and bathe in Florida's "delightful" water. It's great if you don't mind a spread out resort because, hey, it's still Disney World, right?

We stayed here because it was pretty much the only thing left in its price point by the time the room/ticket deal magically aligned with our free dining PIN, so we took it. In the future, I think it would be worth it for us to worry less about getting the very best deal possible and more about staying at a more compact resort. Spread out, as it turns out, is not ideal for us. It was fine once, and easy enough to plan for, and we still had a million tons of fun, but in the future I don't want to have to hassle with choosing between a drink refill and an extra hour of sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flutterbye605
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Enjoyed a very fun and relaxing week at this resort. We stayed in the area called Jamaica. Room was nice and spacious. The best part was having our own pool right outside the room. It had laundry facilities by the pool also which was handy towards the end of our stay. Another bonus was having the walkway to the main pool near the room. Lovely stay, would go again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Spent 10 days at this Disney resort with family and grandchildren. Layout of the resort is spacious and well planned with a main pool and pools for each block. There are amenities for children of all ages, including films (Disney of course) being shown on a large outdoor screen each evening. Accommodation is a little dated but more than adequate and comfortable. Food options are typically American and reasonably priced and can be found in a central block, which is only a few minutes pleasant walk from your accommodation.Service was excellent, and the free bus transport to all Disney (and other) parks was very good, getting you to all the parks within 20 minutes.This is a very well laid out resort with plenty of space and all amenities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank colinr_03
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My child was kick out of the kiddie pool by a lifeguard when he was about a half inch too tall yet he was playing with his 2 year old brother. He was cleared by 2 previous lifeguards but thus kid yelled at my son to the point my son was crying. I tried to explain that my 2 year old couldn't go in the big pool. He didn't care and we were not able to swim. Lots of money for this hassle.

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!