“Great for families and couples alike”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #151 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Wolverhampton
“Great for families and couples alike”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed within the Disney resort when visiting the area and would definitely do it again when planning the visit the Disney parks. The resort rooms are quietly located in 2 storey (ground and first floor) blocks. The Disney transportation busses between the resort areas including olde port royale, where the food court is located are very regular and no wait was any longer that 10 minutes. However the walk in a morning to get breakfast was lovely, passing over the bridge over the lake, not forgetting to look out and spot the turtles!

A variety of fast food option are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I cannot comment on the restaurant as we didn't use it. Transportation busses to the Disney parks and Downtown Disney are fantastic and again no longer wait that 10 minutes despite the signs stating every 20 minutes. Disney are the people moving experts!

We took advantage of the quick service Disney Dining plan which is well worth it and saves a lot of money especially if you can get it for free in the deal with your travel agent. Food to purchase in the parks and resort is expensive even more so with a family to feed, the dining plan gives you more that enough credits per person for the duration of the stay.

The room for us was purely a base, somewhere to wash, change and sleep so was fine. Clean, tidy and well looked after by the resort staff.

Over all a family holiday of a lifetime enjoyed by all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,795)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The positive about Disney resorts is that you have to have a reservation to get on the property, however, I was really disappointed by the room quality at Caribbean Beach. Clean, yes. However, very dated. Reminded me of a Hotel 6 with bad decor. Dining is a bus ride away, on property, served cafeteria style. And wow, is everything pricey for families not sure how they do it. We had to have room key's coded three separate times as they were not working. For the money that families are spending to stay on Disney property, not worth it to the point that I was supposed to go back down in May and now I am canceling my plans.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a building close to where the food is being served because you will have to take a bu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Pool is fantastic! Great kiddie area for kids under 48 inches and spectacular "big" pool for all. 2 great water slides, plus zero entry. However, that is the only thing that is good about this hotel. I have stayed on property at Disney for 3 out of the last 4 years. I have stayed at another moderate resort, Port Orleans Riverside last year and would hands down recommend staying there over Caribbean Beach Resort.

To start, when checking into this hotel you do so at the customs house, which isn't close to anything other that Barbados. The check in process for us took at minimum 45 minutes, and then we waited another 30 minutes for bell services to load our bags onto a van and drive us to our room. This was at 8:30 pm and despite there not being a bunch of people checking in we sat outside and waited for over a half an hour before the same guy that was standing there backed up the van that was sitting there and load us up. Our particular bell service man, didn't know where are room was located and I actuaully lead him by following the signs.

Caribbean Beach is old and shaby. The rooms look tired, and are in need of an update. There are also no elevators. Our bedspread was ripped, the tile in the bathroom cracked, the tub was so dirty that after I wiped it down with clorox clean ups that I brought with me and rinsed it out I still had a filthy hair covered wash cloth. yuck! The beds are double beds which seem very small when you are use to a king size bed! Also very uncomfortable.

The quickservice food at this hotel is at best the quality of your typical cafeteria. Everything is either prepackaged or frozen and reheated. Port Orleans Riverside has wonderful quickservice that includes make your own pasta and a fantastic bakery.

Also we were there and participating in a run disney event and when we inquired with the concierge about the discount ticket prices and purchasing tickets they told us that was for a prepurchase ticket only and there was nothing they could do. However, the correct answer would have been for them to call ESPN World of Sports and ask them. We found out the hard way that we could have purchased our discounted tickets through them or at the fit for a princess expo. Unfortunately, we paid full price.

My bottom line, do yourself a favor and stay at Port Orleans Riverside. Its the same price and and well worth the money. This hotel lacked Disney standards in every way shape and form.

By the way I brought up all of these issues to a manager and was told they were sorry for the lack of cleanliness and agreed with me about all the issues but didn't even offer any sort of compensation what so ever.

3 Thank Kelli F
Allegany, New York
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My adult daughter and I stayed @ Martinique and were pleased with the room. Room was older but clean. Wished we had a microwave to warm "to go" food as it was cold by the time we walked back to room. Walking distance was difficult for me with a disability. Could take bus..but that was a walk for me also. Everyone was very pleasant. Especially Chuck @ concierge. Offered tips and took the time to make sure I understood all options. Shopping was a pleasure after meeting Liz @ the Disney store. She helped me find the perfect gifts to take back to grand kids. Great personality!! Foodcourt was adequate Appreciated the GF options. Enjoyed the pool @ the complex as the main pool was mostly for kids. I will miss the friendly faces and the "Have a Magical Day" !!

Glenville, New York, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2013

You bet to see their rudeness from the Front desk if you ask something on the phone. We stayed at this resort for several days and called to the Front desk for a question related with checkout procedure. The receptionist over talked me to shut me up and left me feel like inferior species. She repeated "Do ya know wat Im sain?"with strong accent from Brooklyn and crossed the line by asking me "what language do you speak?" with disgusted tone and attitude. I never experienced such a rude and inappropriate conversation in a less than 5 minutes talk on the phone. It was quite shocking to encounter such an attitude from the Front desk at a Disney's high-profiled resort.
Also, when i called back to discuss about the previous unpleasant experience with a supervisor, they made me hold more than 20 minutes until I gave up. I finally had a chance to talk to an assistant manager, but they have definitely have a problem how to train their receptionists and to select a staff member in Front Desk which is supposed to be courteous and respectful because they are in FRONT!!!

8 Thank Rich N
Watertown, NY
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just got back from 10 days at the Caribbean Resort. We stayed at North Trinadad which is a preferred room (a little extra). Bus stop was within 3 min and the restuarant about a 7 minute walk, which seemed further everyday. We had a pool which was slightly heated but very clean. The room was semi clean. It was cleaned daily which I think involved vaccuming, making the bed and replacing the dirty towels. Sometimes new shampoo and sometimes replacing the coffee. We had to call for extra towels and coffee twice. No cute towel animals or anything like some of the other reviews. There were activities at the main pool during the day which were nice. The slides landed in the water which was about 4 1/2 foot deep and me being only 5 2' it was really hard to catch/assist the kids. So that was kind of dissapointing. But the older kids visiting seemed to have a lot of fun. The beds were very dissapointing, I swore they said it was Queen beds and they were definitly double beds. My husband said if we were to book it again we would have to get an adjoining room so we could each have our own bed. My husbands other complaint was not having a regular comfy chair in the room. We had just 2 kitchen style chairs which meant 2 people had to sit on the bed which gets old. As for the Quick Service Food court..it was ok, very mall food court like, except you have to wait in line to get your food, then another line to pay, then hope someone gets up so you can have a spot to eat (and try to find someone to clean your table). Eating at a mall is easier. We were provided with a free drink mug with our package and it sounded great. But the only place you can fill it is at the food court which is a 7 min walk for us and we are one of the closest buildings, so it was not very practical, plus with your meals you get a drink anyway for free with the dining plan. Can't swim in the beach areas. Constantly seeing trolling boats which are looking for alligators (so we were told). So we would not allow our kids to play in the sand which was beautiful but not worth it if it was dangerous. Overall it was an ok resort, we spent 3/4 of our time at the theme parks, we would not have wanted to stay a day at the resort to relax, just not comfy enough for a day, probably would not stay again. Next time we probably would stay off Disney and check out Universal and Seaworld.

3 Thank raretraveler3
South Florida
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We booked a 6 day vacation at Disney's Caribbean Beach resort recently and we had a blast. We are a family of four (two kids aged 6 and 2) and we were in Trinidad South. Our room was pirate themed and I must say, the kids LOVED it (and so did we!). The barrel of rum was actually our refrigerator; the crates of cargo were our dresser drawers, and the treasure chest was another set of drawers as well. There was a big Pirates of the Caribbean curtain separating the main room and the bathroom area, and I certainly wasn't complaining about the Jack Sparrow painting next to my pirate ship shaped bed! Very campy and very fun and exactly what we expected when we booked this vacation.
The resort itself is a sprawling estate (I believe it has ten different buildings associated with it, all spread out around beautiful grounds and a lake) so be prepared to walk or wait for an internal shuttle to take you to the main building called Old Port Royale. Here you have the shops, arcade, quick-service restaurants (there are four), snack area, table-service restaurant (Shutters), and the big Conquistador themed pool with slides and cannons and the whole nine yards. If you book a pirate room, you will be located in either Trinidad North or South which are a good walk from Old Port Royale, but I'm assuming that if you're visiting a Disney resort, you're planning on going to the Disney parks and thus have packed good walking shoes.
The resort also hosts a pool party at the main pool every day and also shows a movie for the kids every night. Epcot fireworks are visible from the resort as well. We could see some from Trinidad South, but the best view was from Old Port Royale. Also, each section of the resort (Trinidad, Aruba, Jamaica, etc.) have their own pool, so you don't have to schlep over to the main one if you want a swim. Sadly, hot tubs are only available at the main pool.
Our only complaint was that if you want to refill your resort mug or get a snack, you have to go to Old Port Royale to do it. There should be a "hub" of some sort in between buildings with snacks and drinks so you don't have to either walk all the way or wait for a bus.
Other than that, we were greatly pleased with our stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort. The buses ran like clockwork everyday (every 15 minutes or so) and the drivers were friendly and helpful (and patient!). Our room was clean, housekeeping was friendly and attentive to our needs and the entire hotel staff was courteous and kind.
Thanks Caribbean Beach Resort!

Room Tip: Pirate rooms are fun for all ages!
2 Thank Alessia L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!