“lovely stay”

Ranked #149 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta, Georgia
“lovely stay”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The caribbean beach resort was a great place for my daughter and i to stay for a long weekend. The room was cute (Finding Nemo themed!), clean and comfortable. The resort grounds were impeccable. We enjoyed walking over the bridge from Aruba to the Port for breakfast each morning. The hot tub was fabulous. The pool was heated (thank goodness!). I had read a number of negative reviews prior to booking but thought that since we are hardly at the resort because of long days in the parks, that it wouldn't matter. But really, I have no negatives. The buses, shuttles, housekeeping, meals, shopping, check in, airport transfers were all spot on. The staff was especially kind and helpful.

3 Thank ebeckartist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,807)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent six nights at The Caribbean Beach resort in one of the pirate rooms. Overall we had a good time. The resort is huge, as others have noted, and it was a ten minute walk to the main pool and food court/restaurant/gift shop. Not a bad walk for us but might be too much for anyone who has a tough time getting around. The room was clean and everything worked. The mattresses are very thin but we were so wiped out from being at the theme parks all day we pretty much collapsed in them each night and fell asleep quickly. Only negative about the room was the free wifi which was extremely spotty almost to the point of not being worth it. The main pool with the water slides was very fun. The food court and Shutters restaurant were okay. Convenient for using the Disney dining plan but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at any of them. The bus service to the parks worked well overall. The parks themselves were fantastic (why we all go, right?). This was my first time at Disney so I don't have anything to compare Caribbean Beach to but overall I would recommend it. Clean, reasonably comfortable and convenient.

Room Tip: The pirate rooms are in a very quite area of the resort if that is important to you
Long Island, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Let me start off by saying the 6 day stay was a nice experience here, We (wife,8 year old daughter and myself) stayed in Martinique (26) for the last 5 days as our first day was overbooked. We were compensated by Disney in that we received room credit ($185) plus $50 credit and we stayed in Barbados (13) for the first night. Location is every thing ,as Martinique.and Trinidad are the preferred locations here. The center of the resort facilities is located in this area. This includes Shutters (restaurant), food court, bar, large pool and water slides, nighttime movies, water craft rentals and the beach ( volleyball,hammocks and marshmellow roasts). The other buildings surround this man made lake that has a paved walk around it.with a island that has a playground for the kids in the middle(accessed by 2 bridges). The walk from one side to the other is about 5 minutes. The recreation crew by the pool kept the kids busy (a nice thing) as they also have a( under 48" tall) spray pool. Towels are provided poolside. As for the restaurant it was OK nothing more. The indoor food court consisted of four separate kiosks which had 4 or 5 choices each for breakfast,lunch and dinner. There is also a grab and go area with pre made sandwiches, pasties,fruit and drinks.I recommend using the WDW Key card for all transactions (also serves as your room key and can be used at all resorts and parks)
. The room itself is atypical hotel style room with a curtain separating the sleeping area from the sinks and bathroom (yes the bathroom has a door). House keeping was great as she made various characters out of the towels (our daughter as well as ourselves got a kick out of it)and after the first morning let us sleep late. At 9:30am we were greeted by the gardeners and their power blowers(we are not early risers when on vacation).
They have a internal bus that hits all the sections in the resort every 15 minutes (the bus stops are no more than a 3 minute walk from any building) and the park buses run about every 20 minutes(depending on outside road traffic). Our departure was a fiasco due to the bell service not knowing the times the Disney Magic Express bus was arriving/departing to/from Orlando International Airport causing us to miss it.This was rectified by them calling a car service and paying for it to get us to the airport on time.

Room Tip: if you want to be close to the facilities Martinique and Barbados is where you want to stay
2 Thank liguy631
Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm a huge Disney fan and have been to numerous Disney resorts over the past 20 years. My stay at the Carribbean Beach Resort has been my most disappointing. I was here to speak at a conference and I didn't book my own transportation as I was told all would be taken care of by Disney. However, upon arriving at this hotel, I wished that I had at least booked a car. The rooms are clean but very dated. My room is about a 20 minute walk to the nearest place to get food or refreshments. There are very little in-room dining options (only pizza). While the Disney transportation option is great, it is slow to run and requires so many other stops, that the effort is a waste for business travelors. Plus, the walls are paper-thin and I was awakened multiple times anyone walked outside my room. I love Disney, but this hotel needs to be replaced!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Lu P
raleigh, nc
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom on our last visit, but decided to spend a little less money this time because we were barely in our rooms. After allowing my 6 year old son to review the pictures of different hotels, he chose this one because of the beach, pool and fun rooms. We were there during the off season, so on check in, I asked if we might be upgraded to a pirate theme room, which they did! Upon walking into the room, there was definitely a musty smell but it ended up not being bad. I think maybe the room had just not been open/used lately. GREAT decor! Fun room to stay in but I probably would not pay the extra $ for it because it is really a glorified Holiday Inn. The mattress was super thin (I guess it was a special mattress to fit in the pirate ship bed), the air/heating unit was really loud and the walls were very thin. We heard the mom next door yelling at her kids and a crying baby for a few hours. The pool, on the other hand, was excellent! Slides, fun water pirate ship play area for the little ones, an entertainment staff that did games and gave prizes, they even had life jackets in different sizes for the kids. Plenty of life guards watching the kids, although I did not take my eyes off mine. Did witness one child struggling at bottom of water slide because there is a strong current coming off the slide and he was trying to swim against the current. Advise them to swim with the current!
We were lucky and got to the bus stop and our bus came pretty quickly, my husband on the other hand had to wait quite awhile for his bus.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mommy2brady
Naples, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I read mixed reviews on this hotel. After price comparison I decided to book 3 nights at the Caribbean Beach Resort. My sons ages 6 and 3 love pirates so I booked a pirate room (base price). The rooms are set up "old style" where the two sinks are outside of the toilet/shower area. They updated the rooms the best way they could without changing the floor plan. We liked the ship beds and the mini fridge was hidden in a barrel. They have added a curtain to make the bathroom a bit more private and spacious. If you need more pillows check the treasure chest...it's actually drawers and the top does't lift. Everyone we saw seemed pleased with the hotel. You do have to walk to the main building for food. It doesn't matter where you go in Disney the food is the same price. They did have more to offer than the value hotel we stayed at last time. When it comes to walking distance IT'S NOT FAR! If it's coffee you need the room has a coffee maker. I drink lots of coffee so the housekeeper left me extras each day. I was hoping to take a dip in the shipwreck pool but it was waaaay to cold outside for us florida people. I did see several people swimming so I'm assuming the pool was a comfortable temperature. Over all we liked the hotel. I forgot to mention a couple things....we paid for a basic pirate room and still got a view of the lake which has cute duckies! The beach areas are a nice touch especially the hammocks. Kids liked the arcade at night while I grabbed chamomile tea in the food court. We drove our car to the parks since it's free parking for hotel guests....of course the bus is going to take forever with all the stops it must take! If you have any questions about this hotel just ask. (I took this trip with my husband and two boys ages 6 and 3)

Room Tip: We were in the Trinidad South building....the farthest from the food court but like I said it's...
3 Thank Kate J
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

As always with Disney hotels you get a very clean room and impeccable gardens and areas, the downside we found was the food hall. At $150 night I would have expected better than plastic knives and forks. Throw away plates as well, Also, the food was always warm at best and breakfast time was just cold.
In future would stay again but miss the dining experience as it is far from being a good one. For a snack it is fine.
The check in was very slow and long queues, if you need to go back to reception go at midnight as we did. Otherwise you can be in for a long wait, possibly caused by too much time spent on assuring you have a good time and not enough just plain getting on with it.

Room Tip: Try and get close to a pool and ground floor
1 Thank 237Chris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!