Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
$161
$227
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$189
$137
Agoda.com
$314
$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
$615
$458
Hotels.com
7,830 results
All reviewsold port royalepirate roommain poolfood courttrinidad northcustom housethe businternal shuttlepirate themejamaica sectionshutters restaurantdining planmain foodpreferred roomdisney worldwater viewmagic kingdom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have stayed at Disney's value resorts, moderate resorts (this one) and Luxury resorts over the many years I have been visiting Disney, and I must say that this one disappointed me the most.
I’m not sure if it had anything to do with the fact that I have a family member who is a cast member who booked the reservation for me at a discount. Do they put cast member family in subpar rooms?

The layout of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, you have The Custom House (where you check in), Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale Centertown (food and gift shops), Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, and Aruba. These islands are all clusters of large numbered buildings with each island having a bus stop to catch the busses to all the Disney theme parks and Downtown Disney. Martinique (Building 25/26 and Trinidad Building 31) are the closest to Centertown which is where you go for your food and shopping at the gift shop. If you are placed in one of the other islands, you will be walking and when you are visiting Disney, save the walking for the parks!

I originally asked for a room closer to the Centertown (food court) months before the trip. When we arrived at 5:00 pm I found that we must have been in the farthest island away from the Centertown. We were first put in Barbados (Bldg 15) which is a longer walk to the food court than I wanted to put up with all week. We were given Room 1539 and when we first walked in, the musty moldy smell was NOT good. I called to complain about the smell of the room and asked to be moved and if I was to be moved, I wanted to be moved closer to Centertown. After arguing for what seemed too long, we were finally moved to Building 51 (Aruba) which is across the lake. There is a walkway across the lake to Centertown so I was ok with this building even though it was not as close as I’d like to be.
The Caribbean Beach is a beautiful place, don’t get me wrong, but after the having to fight for a room switch when our first room was smelly and musty was just a big turn off from this resort.
What I liked:
6. Large selection of various foods at Centertown
7. Nice gift shop for all of your Disney gifts
8. Very helpful bell hops

What I did not like
1. Resort is very big and you could walk a long distance to get your coffee in the morning
2. Musty smelly first room in Building 15 (Barbados)
3. Check-in manager on duty Ross was not very pleasant and less than accommodating
4. Buses can be very full and standing room only if you are at an Island that is one of the last bus stops.

Even though I liked more than I did not, I will not come back and stay at the Caribbean. There are just too many other resorts that are more homey and inviting than this resort.
Good luck and I hope you don’t get a musty smelly room and are in a building closer to Centertown.

Room Tip: Ask for a building closest to the Centertown or you will be walking further.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank klocco1
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Going to WDW - you must stay at Disney property! The Carribean Beach is great for first timers, families and couples too. Hotel has large grounds ( does not feel overcrowded) and you want to stay close to Old Prt Royale area. (save alot of walking). The food court and main pool are in this area I would sugest building 31 or 32. Convient to bus stop too! The grounds have a great vacation feel- good place to relax and feel like your on vacation. The food courtis great with lots of choices. Dont forget to get buy everyone a mug. Unlimited beverages for entire stay.
Rooms are typical to all Disney and many are now themed. Rooms and grounds are clean. Staff treats you like family.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank james a
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here and thought the place was awesome. The room was larger then what we expected. The pool with slide kept the kids entertained and the pool bar was really nice. Service was awesome. It was kinda a hike to get to the larger pool and food court from where are room was but we anticipated that from the beginning. Whole experience was wonderful and we would definitely go again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Vwstyle
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Not really worth it, the room was small and musty. The staff was okay, the room was not exactly clean. the pool was nice. I felt like we were taken for the price we paid and the food choices were not that great and to pay almost 100. for lunch was really offensive. You can do a heck of alot better off of Disney property by renting a time share or condo. Cleaner, cheaper...full kitchen, You can eat breakfast and make lunch for the day so you don't have to fill teh Mouse's pockets on 15 dollar fast food.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 15MD
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hotel not that clean needs updating,food court was truly awful.This hotel has students
for all events all through the year our last 3 days were hell,so many of them no room
on buses or food court,running past rooms at midnight slamming doors,just no respect
for other guests.Hotel told us they have these events all year so our advice would be
check out when these events are on .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple