“Beware students”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #155 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hotel not that clean needs updating,food court was truly awful.This hotel has students
for all events all through the year our last 3 days were hell,so many of them no room
on buses or food court,running past rooms at midnight slamming doors,just no respect
for other guests.Hotel told us they have these events all year so our advice would be
check out when these events are on .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CynthBognorRegis
Write a ReviewReviews (7,726)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Caribbean Beach is a moderately priced resort on Disney World property. It has a beautiful tropical feel complete with palm trees and hammocks along a sandy shorline. It has been my favorite moderate resort for the past 20 years and thankfully it has been refurbished over the years. They have remodeled some of the rooms to have a pirate theme and done over the main pool area complete with water slides and a pirate ship and giant dumping buckets. My only suggestion for a stay at this resort is to spend a little extra and stay in a preferred room which will guarantee you a location close to the main pool, food court and gifts shops.

Room Tip: preferred rooms are closest to the main pool, food court and gift shops
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank jnp623
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I just stayed here with my daughter and her team for a field hockey tournament at the ESPN Sports center. Our rooms were all together in the "Barbados" area, with a nice courtyard in the middle. The resort is very big, but they have a in-resort shuttle that can take you around. I found Barbados to be a good location - close to where you caught the buses and a short walk around the lake to the main pool and main food court. The food was surprisingly good and reasonable and we never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for the bus to go anywhere. The beds were comfortable and kept very clean, but could be updated. All in all, a very nice place to stay with a team. Disney has the best customer service and the logistics of getting from place to pace runs so smoothly, really an enjoyable five days.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pahdsh
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Considering this was "Disney" my stay should have been great! but one problem after another was unacceptable. Think twice.. no three times about staying here!!!
Absolutally NOT worth the money, time, stress, aggrevation!!!!!

Our first room was so full of mold odor we could not even shut the door; the air conditioner was caked with dust/mold. We were "upgraded" to another room.. upgraded only if sleeping in a pirate bed was desired; it was not.
Disney staff gave conflicting information that cost us MUCH precious time resulting in loss of activities aka money.
This resort is SO expansive, in most cases internal transportation is necessary to get a cup of coffee - much time wasted waiting for buses. Using the "free" bus service comes at a price of wait times, lines, standing unsafely on full busses during transportations... but beware...if you discover you are on the wrong bus, even on resort property the driver will not let you off if there is no bus stop and a round trip to (epcot, dinsey, Hollywood etc) will cost you at least an hour...although I saw a driver let off a group of girls outisde the resort gate because they were under 18 without a supervisor with them... and me over 50 could not get off.. again, much contradicting information.
Room refirgerators are "dorm size" and are not kept in good working order, therefore are not cold enough for perishables, The first one was caked with thick ice and the second with dust/mold. I have food allergies and needed specific food so went shopping for some of my own food, but regardless that they promised to keep my food cold during our transfering to another resort... they did not.
When rooms are cleaned they smell like they are treated with a chemical for bugs? would be nice to know what you are breathing in!
Disney makes Meyers taxi service available, but our taxi driver brought us to a vacant store and empty parking lot trying to convince us we needed to go an extra 7 miles to a different store.. scary situation... BEWARE! ($46 taxi ride for 4 miles)
Disney employees are well trained to avoid conflict and lawsuits... "I am so sorry, I am sorry for your inconvenience... I am sorry about this... I am sorry you had this experience." Well, I am sorry too that we had such a lousy experience. These rooms are NOT worth the price ($260) , financially, timely or emotionally.
Wifi was on/off slow and unusable. Beds uncomfortable, rooms dusty, moldy smelling, outdated, old, -but we are never going back.
Disney can not handle special requests, regardless of what they say.
Do yourself a favor, rent a car, stay off site, and enjoy your vacation.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank C T
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We LOVED the resort! It was a tropical get away and disney all in one! Everybody there was super friendly and always went out of their way to help with any questions, very very clean resort and beaches and pool area, lots of activities for the kids and adults. We stayed in the Aruba section which was the perfect location for bus pick up and for the walk to get breakfast and lunch. Food at Shutters restaurant was very good too and they accommodated to what ever the kids wanted.
BUT
I would pry not stay there again (only because) our room and my sisters room had black mold everywhere, and we couldn't ever control the humidity in our rooms. From the window sills to the shower curtain to the bath tub, even on the light switch there was black mold. It made it scary to wonder if of our families were going to get sick from it and we had to wash all our cloths (even the clean ones) when we got home cause everything was terribly damp and musty smelling -like our rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank lotsofkidsIowa
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I could not believe how bad this place was. this was a moderate resort, so i was expecting more from disney.
The room size was fine. this was an older hotel, so i can understand the small bathroom.

When we made it to the room, there was hair in the garbage can and hair pins sitting by the sink. But as we got settled i noticed more than that. The sheets on the bed were threadbare. the bedskirts looked like they had been piled in a corner and just placed on the bed, all wrinkled and wadded. Then that night when i pulled back the bedspread, it was worse. there were dark brown stains on the underside of the bedspread. it was gross. then as i looked the bedspread was so threadbare and worn that there were little holes all along the seeming. I could not believe this was a disney moderate resort. In the shower, there were long strands of hair and then i noticed the shower curtain was torn from the rings. On the last day we were there, I noticed a towel with fainted red stains all over it. I am not quite certain what this was, but this should have never been placed in a guest's room.

All this to say.... this is Disney?
This is a moderate resort? I paid more money to stay here, but i could have stayed at one of the newer, lower priced resorts. I am not sure why i chose this place over a newer, cheaper hotel.... my bad.

When i checked out i did advise the manager, she said she was sorry, but then her response was, "why didnt you report this?" This made me a little mad... I told her i did not feel like should have to report so much to them. There seemed to be several issues here and the last thing i wanted to do is take the time from my family vacation to call and complain about all these things at 8am when we were headed out the door, or at 11pm when we were coming in for the day. Disney should do better....
I am sorry that i did not take photos of these things to post. Did not even think about it at the time. guess i was focused on my family, but so should have!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank sbh1227
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at all of the other Disney Moderate resorts so I though this time would be nice to try something new and since we were coming off the cruise it would be nice to keep the "Bahama" theme. Well check in was fast but who knew the main building was far from everything. We got to the room and I wanted to cry! It stank to high heaven of mold and mildew. There were stains everywhere, no towels in the room, and it looked like the rug or linen hasn't been cleaned in ages. I called the front desk and their was nothing they could do. they sent maintenance to see if it was the A/C causing the smell (which it wasn't). I just wanted to go to the park already. It tooks us 30 minutes to find our bus stop since there were no signs anywhere. My kids were so cranky from all the walking already. We had a wonderful and exhausting day and when we got back to the room we realized the tv wasn't working either... There went my peace and quiet in the morning! I had a hard time falling asleep and never got used to the smell (When we got home a few days later our luggage and clothing reeked!) The grounds of the hotel were really nice. My kids loved the pool and the playground. I wish the room would have been better since I chose a moderate resort so we could spend time at the resort!! last year when we were on a quick trip we stayed at POP century and the rooms there where much nicer AND much cheaper!! I have been going to Disney every year for over 30 years and I will NOT be returning to this hotel!!! We also have certain dietary restrictions and the cafeteria was not accommodating to us at all and we were on the dining plan. I was so annoyed we ended up trying to eat all our meals in the parks where they where much nicer!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Enrique K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
1 mi away
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!