Considering this was "Disney" my stay should have been great! but one problem after another was unacceptable. Think twice.. no three times about staying here!!!
Absolutally NOT worth the money, time, stress, aggrevation!!!!!
Our first room was so full of mold odor we could not even shut the door; the air conditioner was caked with dust/mold. We were "upgraded" to another room.. upgraded only if sleeping in a pirate bed was desired; it was not.
Disney staff gave conflicting information that cost us MUCH precious time resulting in loss of activities aka money.
This resort is SO expansive, in most cases internal transportation is necessary to get a cup of coffee - much time wasted waiting for buses. Using the "free" bus service comes at a price of wait times, lines, standing unsafely on full busses during transportations... but beware...if you discover you are on the wrong bus, even on resort property the driver will not let you off if there is no bus stop and a round trip to (epcot, dinsey, Hollywood etc) will cost you at least an hour...although I saw a driver let off a group of girls outisde the resort gate because they were under 18 without a supervisor with them... and me over 50 could not get off.. again, much contradicting information.
Room refirgerators are "dorm size" and are not kept in good working order, therefore are not cold enough for perishables, The first one was caked with thick ice and the second with dust/mold. I have food allergies and needed specific food so went shopping for some of my own food, but regardless that they promised to keep my food cold during our transfering to another resort... they did not.
When rooms are cleaned they smell like they are treated with a chemical for bugs? would be nice to know what you are breathing in!
Disney makes Meyers taxi service available, but our taxi driver brought us to a vacant store and empty parking lot trying to convince us we needed to go an extra 7 miles to a different store.. scary situation... BEWARE! ($46 taxi ride for 4 miles)
Disney employees are well trained to avoid conflict and lawsuits... "I am so sorry, I am sorry for your inconvenience... I am sorry about this... I am sorry you had this experience." Well, I am sorry too that we had such a lousy experience. These rooms are NOT worth the price ($260) , financially, timely or emotionally.
Wifi was on/off slow and unusable. Beds uncomfortable, rooms dusty, moldy smelling, outdated, old, -but we are never going back.
Disney can not handle special requests, regardless of what they say.
Do yourself a favor, rent a car, stay off site, and enjoy your vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando