My first memory of Disney is when my parents took me down to Caribbean Beach in 1988. We were lucky enough to be one of the first groups to stay at this hotel, and now 20+ years later i can say it still holds true to those great memories.
Everything about this resort is fantastic. It has some of the best scenery of any of the Disney Resorts, including the deluxe ones. It really has a great theme that flows well all throughout the area. The lobby / cafeteria are very colorful and are large enough to handle the crowds this resort has. Same arcade room from when i was a kid still exists...it's small but they cram a lot of games in there. The main pool is awesome, and keeps with the whole theme of the resort - if possible, getting a room with a pool view is ideal.
Resort location is probably one of the best - it's close to pretty much everything, no more than a 10 min bus ride anywhere which is very nice. Out of any place I've stayed at Disney, shuttles seem to flow very regularly here. I've never had a long wait for a bus, which is definitely an issue at some other hotels on the property. The resort itself is very well kept. Has some nice little beach areas for you to relax on, a nice walking trail, boat rentals, fishing, and plenty of stuff for little kids to do as well.
The only thing i was bummed about on this trip back was to find out the cafe menu is now the standard generic burger/hotdog/pizza you find at every other value/moderate resort. The two times i stayed here as a kid, i remember an awesome sandwich shop, hand made neopolitan pizza and all kinds of grilled foods. It's very cookie cutter now, and the food unfortunately isn't anything to rave about. Makes me feel like i'm at Burger King more than a resort. For the amount of money you pay at a moderate resort, you should get a little more bang for your buck, especially in the food department. (which is where they kill your wallet more than anything else!!!)
Other than that, i have nothing else to complain about. This is the next best thing to a deluxe resort. I'd highly suggest forgoing a value resort vacation and saving up to come here. For the difference in price, it's totally worth it. It's a great place with awesome location to everything Disney and really caters to a family with kids. If you can live with kinda blah food, smaller size rooms, and a bigger crowd, then don't ever bother with a deluxe resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando